Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Seahawks (6-1) @ St. Louis Rams (3-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NestlePureLife wrote:
without ET3, this game woulda been done in the 3rd quarter

Since last year with RW taking over, Seahawks are the only team in the NFL that has been in every single game right up until the end. This team ONLY loses close games.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker I apologize about last night and arguing with you. Had a rough day and then the Seahawks just made it worse.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:
without ET3, this game woulda been done in the 3rd quarter

Since last year with RW taking over, Seahawks are the only team in the NFL that has been in every single game right up until the end. This team ONLY loses close games.

But he did play, and it wasn't. Without Chris Long and Robert Quinn this game is probably over in the 2nd. Hate stupid things like that. Irrelevant

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Meeker I apologize about last night and arguing with you. Had a rough day and then the Seahawks just made it worse.

Word. Yesterday was crap for me as well. Ugh. Just one of those days and the Seahawks did nothing to make it better. A win is a win, especially on the road, but with it appearing this damn team is content with our O-Line and not making a move before the deadline, I'm getting upset again.

Okung is a stud when on the field, but he is a walking injury. When he comes back, I bet he doesn't finish 2 games before he's out for the year. Breno is better than what we have out there now, but that's not saying a lot. The guy is garbage, just not as stinky. Honestly, we were HAPPY about his only contributions really getting punched in the face consistently. Our window is this and next year. After that, we're going to have a much more difficult time getting to the Superbowl with all these young guys coming up for BIG contracts. They could still work some magic with the contracts, but now is our best shot at getting our first Superbowl victory. If we don't get it because the front office was afraid to pull the trigger before the deadline to fix this crap we call an O-Line, someone needs to be fired, and I mean literally, set on fire.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Word. Yesterday was crap for me as well. Ugh. Just one of those days and the Seahawks did nothing to make it better. A win is a win, especially on the road, but with it appearing this damn team is content with our O-Line and not making a move before the deadline, I'm getting upset again.

Okung is a stud when on the field, but he is a walking injury. When he comes back, I bet he doesn't finish 2 games before he's out for the year. Breno is better than what we have out there now, but that's not saying a lot. The guy is garbage, just not as stinky. Honestly, we were HAPPY about his only contributions really getting punched in the face consistently. Our window is this and next year. After that, we're going to have a much more difficult time getting to the Superbowl with all these young guys coming up for BIG contracts. They could still work some magic with the contracts, but now is our best shot at getting our first Superbowl victory. If we don't get it because the front office was afraid to pull the trigger before the deadline to fix this crap we call an O-Line, someone needs to be fired, and I mean literally, set on fire.

As long as our offensive line gets fixed and we have Russell Wilson, we have a 5-8 year window IMO. Not to mention we will have players like Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Irvin etc. on defense to keep building around every year. Not bad.

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

As long as our offensive line gets fixed and we have Russell Wilson, we have a 5-8 year window IMO. Not to mention we will have players like Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Irvin etc. on defense to keep building around every year. Not bad.

I sort of agree, but that's also based on us having a few successful drafts, which are still a crap shoot. This is the BEST opportunity for us to end the season with the Lombardi Trophy...anything less than a Superbowl Victory this or next year is failure.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

I sort of agree, but that's also based on us having a few successful drafts, which are still a crap shoot. This is the BEST opportunity for us to end the season with the Lombardi Trophy...anything less than a Superbowl Victory this or next year is failure.

I agree. I actually think next season will be our best chance with a better o line (hopefully) and Wilson in year 3. And Harvin healthy from the beginning (again hopefully)

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

I agree. I actually think next season will be our best chance with a better o line (hopefully) and Wilson in year 3. And Harvin healthy from the beginning (again hopefully)

We need to do what we can to get Veldheer or Albert here in free agency if they're available. I also want to add a backup tackle (obviously at a much cheaper rate than Veldheer/Albert) that may not be great, but is capable of holding up on the right side in pass protection primarily and decent in run blocking. This would allow us to be able to move Veldheer/Albert to the left side when Okung gets his typical injury for the year without much drop off and the backup can play the role he's best at on the right side. Could also go with a Guard here if there's someone with more talent and address a backup RT in the draft.

Then, in the draft, trade out of the 1st back into the early 2nd and get a late 3rd or possibly an early 4th back. That leaves us with;

2.) [EARLY] Austin Seferian-Jenkins/Eric Ebron OR Antonio Richardson/Gabe Jackson/James Hurst OR again, trade back if there's a few guys we like and add another pick later. Antonio Richardson falling to the 2nd is my dream scenario for O-Line, but I'd be happy with one of those TE's if we knew there one of our guys would be there in the late 2nd or if we needed to move up for someone like Gabe Jackson.

2.) [LATE] TE/O-Line (Whichever wasn't picked first) or a WR like Donte Moncrief, Brandon Coleman, Allen Robinson, etc.

And we're left with a 3rd, 4th, (2) 5th's, 6th & 7th....possibly more if we can trade back again from that early 2nd. I really like the idea of getting a guard in the 2nd and then another late in the 3rd or early in the 4th like Xavier Su'a-Filo if available as I feel he'd be a steal with his skill set for our ZBS and he might be undervalued.

Starting O-Line (Just picking one of the options for LG & RT): Okung-Jackson-Unger-Carpenter-Veldheer

Depth: Veldheer(Switches Sides)-Bailey-JeanPierre-Su'a-Filo-Bowie+Free Agent

Competition: JR Sweezy, Bowie/Free Agent/Rookie

Really though, I have no idea why O-Line wasn't such a priority this year when we had realized Wilson was our future. As with anything valuable, you don't neglect it and leave a good chance for it to be damaged and jeopardize the future. Stupidity.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:

Maybe. But what if we can't bring back Bennett? Our interior pass rush suffers a lot. What if we can't afford to keep Browner? I'm not as comfortable as some with our CB depth then.

As a Seahawks fan, I've spent too long looking forward to the next year. I'm focused on this one now, because who knows if we have as good of a shot again.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno why we're talking about next year quite yet. We're tied for the best record in the NFC and leading the division. Rams have an amazing front 4... no surprise there. Our strength is running the ball and both bookend tackles are out.

I could care less how well our offense performs... when you have a D like Seattle's you are IN EVERY GAME. Doesn't matter who you play. Seattle's D is freaky... like WIN YOU GAMES freaky. Not a lot of Ds can pull that off.

Yes our O-Line is shaky but both OTs are out and we just faced two VERY good pass rushing teams in Arizona and St. Louis. Was anyone surprised by what happened against Houston/St. Louis? I gave Seattle no chance of putting up more than 20 points... but because our D is elite... we win the game.

Oh just in case anyone hasn't looked it up... 5 of the last 8 are at home.... and our only challenge away is San Fran (although NY could be a challenge... too much talent on that team to be 1-6).
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I expect a trade of some sort in the next 2 days. If not, we better look improved with Harvin in the lineup, or we're going to struggle hard later in the year when it counts.

Not feeling good about the @niners game right about now.

Rams just seem to like to troll the NFCW under Fisher. Too bad this is the first time all year the defense showed up. Probably the last time if they ditch the scheme that actually works. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
imani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
Dunno why we're talking about next year quite yet. We're tied for the best record in the NFC and leading the division. Rams have an amazing front 4... no surprise there. Our strength is running the ball and both bookend tackles are out.

I could care less how well our offense performs... when you have a D like Seattle's you are IN EVERY GAME. Doesn't matter who you play. Seattle's D is freaky... like WIN YOU GAMES freaky. Not a lot of Ds can pull that off.

Yes our O-Line is shaky but both OTs are out and we just faced two VERY good pass rushing teams in Arizona and St. Louis. Was anyone surprised by what happened against Houston/St. Louis? I gave Seattle no chance of putting up more than 20 points... but because our D is elite... we win the game.

Oh just in case anyone hasn't looked it up... 5 of the last 8 are at home.... and our only challenge away is San Fran (although NY could be a challenge... too much talent on that team to be 1-6).

We have a tendency to giv up these huge rushing games midway through the season and never recover. That's what bothers me. This defense was in no way freaky on monday, not by a longshot. If the rams call a run play on that 4th down, we're talking about a loss right now.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
sirensong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

We have a tendency to giv up these huge rushing games midway through the season and never recover. That's what bothers me. This defense was in no way freaky on monday, not by a longshot. If the rams call a run play on that 4th down, we're talking about a loss right now.

We need a top tier run stuffing pig in the middle of the line. Someone who can consistently keep Wagner clean and eat up blocks.

What about a guy like Soliai? Would he fit the criteria? Who else will be in UFA?

Barring a big UFA addition I dont think we can go anything other tha OL early in the draft. I just cant see Veldheer or Albert coming here to play RT.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
imani wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

We need a top tier run stuffing pig in the middle of the line. Someone who can consistently keep Wagner clean and eat up blocks.

What about a guy like Soliai? Would he fit the criteria? Who else will be in UFA?

Barring a big UFA addition I dont think we can go anything other tha OL early in the draft. I just cant see Veldheer or Albert coming here to play RT.

We'll have to see. It'd have to be a paycut for sure, but let's not forget that we have money coming off the books (potentially) from Rice, Bryant and Miller next year.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time seeing Sidney Rice play another snap with us. He's been nothing but disappointing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: