Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arkin experiment is not over Signed to Psquad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: The Arkin experiment is not over Signed to Psquad Reply with quote

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 4m
Cowboys have officially cut David Arkin. The team needed the roster spot to sign rookie safety Jakar Hamilton http://bit.ly/17QezHZ
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just flat out couldn't get it done.....dunno who to blame....Scouting Dept? Jerry? Or both?
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@toddarcher: Cowboys call up S Jakar Hamilton with JJ Wilcox out. OL David Arkin cut. Could be brought back to practice squad if clears waivers.

I don't think it is over, I'm almost certain they will bring him back on the practice squad.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go player on this one. He had a hurdle to jump coming up a bunch fo levels in play. It's clear he couldn't get the strength needed to go with what he showed at the smaller school. Not a team breaking pick, they took a sleeper and missed and finally just move on.

I think our broken record has to be met next year. There is no way we don't address the trenches next year. LB is set, S is getting there, CB could use some help. WR is set, RB early makes no sense same with QB, can't really warrant another TE. Almost forced into by the lack of depth they have built there for themselves.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@toddarcher: Cowboys call up S Jakar Hamilton with JJ Wilcox out. OL David Arkin cut. Could be brought back to practice squad if clears waivers.

I don't think it is over, I'm almost certain they will bring him back on the practice squad.

Why try and bring a guy back to practice squad that has been given every opportunity to play in this league, and can't get it done? Save your practice squad spots for younger, developmental type guys that have a chance to grow......he's had his time. Move on from him
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
I go player on this one. He had a hurdle to jump coming up a bunch fo levels in play. It's clear he couldn't get the strength needed to go with what he showed at the smaller school. Not a team breaking pick, they took a sleeper and missed and finally just move on.

I think our broken record has to be met next year. There is no way we don't address the trenches next year. LB is set, S is getting there, CB could use some help. WR is set, RB early makes no sense same with QB, can't really warrant another TE. Almost forced into by the lack of depth they have built there for themselves.

I agree with you. I could be wrong though, but I'd be almost certain its going to be DE or DT.....Spencer gone, Hatcher probably gone, Ware is on the decline (somewhat)....But I am really, really interested in what Marinelli can do with Austin.....If he can get the kid to play, and play hard, that could be huge for the Boys
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

^^^mack
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
TheDeathStar

Location: Anchorage, Alaska, US, Planet Earth, Solar System A, Milky Way Galaxy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really thought and hoped he would work out, but whatever.

daboyle is gud at sigz

Tony Romo OPOY Watch: Chokes, chokes. More chokes. A choke there too! Bad play calling. A choke. CHOOOOOKES

FLEX TWB
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise. Had a big hill to climb coming out of college and needed lots of reps and didn't get them. At the end of the day he just didn't have the talent. Remember when Arkin, Kowalski, Nagy, and Costa were the future of our O Line? Where are they now?

I am worried about Des82 though.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?!?

Our front office must not have watched the clips of him in training camp on dallascowboys.com or they just simply don't understand the irreplaceable chemistry he has with Doug Free.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he wasn't able to land the job after preseason, I sort of came to terms with the fact that he wasn't going to amount to much here.

It's disappointing, as it means we'll be looking at OG highly next year, but oh well.

^^^mack
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
When he wasn't able to land the job after preseason, I sort of came to terms with the fact that he wasn't going to amount to much here.

It's disappointing, as it means we'll be looking at OG highly next year, but oh well.
that was a given with the signing of Waters

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Waters is likely why Arkin became expendable. With Waters inside playing pretty well next to fRED, why not take a better look at other alternatives for a more long term fix? Arkin, despite the chemistry, just wasn't impressive. So may as well peek at what else we've got before making that position a early must in the draft or FA.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Waters is likely why Arkin became expendable. With Waters inside playing pretty well next to fRED, why not take a better look at other alternatives for a more long term fix? Arkin, despite the chemistry, just wasn't impressive. So may as well peek at what else we've got before making that position a early must in the draft or FA.

Arkin became expendable long before Waters was signed. He proved he couldn't play, which makes him expendable whether a replacement is on the roster or not.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: