Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Bye Week discussion Reply with quote

Figure we need somewhere to discuss things over the next week.

First thing Im going to post is this article.

mlv wrote:
Very interesting article from PFF on Richardson.

Quote:
The bottom line is the Colts have been an awful run blocking unit this season. People point to the numbers put up by Ahmad Bradshaw and Donald Brown behind the same line, but for a couple of reasons those comparisons arenít necessarily fair. Firstly, the line hasnít been the same all the way along. The Colts have been dealing with injuries and re-shuffling, and did so several times in the course of this game alone. Secondly, the sample size is so small that one half-decent run by any of the three runners instantly swings their average YPC wildly up or down. Bradshaw may have a much healthier looking average, but based on just 41 attempts.

Lastly, those numbers donít take into account the situations or formations in which the three are being used. Richardson is being used more than Brown in heavy sets, when teams are expecting the run, only magnifying the problems on the O-line.

Where am I going with all of this?

He may never live up to the draft picks that have already been spent on him, but it would be a mistake to write Trent Richardson off as just another guy running the football, a plodding power back with little else to his game. The Colts are giving him little to no chance at the moment, but the tape shows a guy who is making explosive moves with the ball in his hands. Only Marshawn Lynch has more than the 34 forced missed tackles Richardson has tallied this season, and there is no back in football with a significant number of carries who is making people miss at a better rate than Richardson. This is a guy who is doing his best to make things happen, but so far hasnít been able to overcome the plays crashing down around him.


https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/23/analysis-notebook-bonus-edition/


I think this article is spot on, just brings light to what we already know having watched these games.

Hopefully the 2nd half of the season brings in better play calling
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23907
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the NFL GEN 'Richardson Bust thread

stallyns wrote:
I disagree with that article for one reason, and it is this..

KingOfTheDot wrote:
However Pep has been very predictable with him in running situations


Almost every time we run TRich it is an obvious run play.

As late as 2 weeks ago I was praising our OL's run blocking which is better then last year by leaps and bounds. So it would be hypocritical for me to agree with an article that is now blaming them for TRich's shortcomings. It is the obvious playcalling. And as W87R said the lack of rushing in the 2nd half.

Also with Wayne out there is an opening for a 3rd down go to receiver maybe some screens to TRich? Don't know.

_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST


Last edited by stallyns on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23907
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I have come to realize that McGlynn is a better C then RG (I would have laughed at this notion last year when he screwed up a couple hand offs) and better C then Samson Satele.

We should settle with Link at RG for the rest of the season or move Thornton back to RG and let Link hold down LG until Thomas comes back next year.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I posted this in the NFL GEN 'Richardson Bust thread

stallyns wrote:
I disagree with that article for one reason, and it is this..

KingOfTheDot wrote:
However Pep has been very predictable with him in running situations


Almost every time we run TRich it is an obvious run play.

As late as 2 weeks ago I was praising our OL's run blocking which is better then last year by leaps and bounds. So it would be hypocritical for me to agree with an article that is now blaming them for TRich's shortcomings. It is the obvious playcalling. And as W87R said the lack of rushing in the 2nd half.

Also with Wayne out there is an opening for a 3rd down go to receiver maybe some screens to TRich? Don't know.


Yeah I responded to it

clarifying, that my reasoning for agreeing with article is definitely about play calling and lack of run commitment, and is no way me throwing our OL "under the bus".
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Also, I have come to realize that McGlynn is a better C then RG (I would have laughed at this notion last year when he screwed up a couple hand offs) and better C then Samson Satele.

We should settle with Link at LG for the rest of the season or move Thornton back to RG and let Link hold down LG until Thomas comes back next year.


I do like the idea of Thornton to be able to settle into a position, but saying that I think Donald Thomas could move to RG when he returns. Thornton already has quite a few starts at LG now, I would just assume keep him there and let him grow into that spot.

Im not 100% sold on the notion that McGlynn is better than Satele, but not ruling it out either. Wonder what Holmes is going to give us this year?
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your guys feeling? You think we will make a trade before Tuesday's deadline? Sign a veteran FA? Or you think we will roll with Rogers and Whalen as fill ins?

Im definitely interested to see either way, maybe Rogers can come out and play pretty well, I know Whalen will be where he needs to be.



What guys you looking at as trade material?

Hakeem Nicks
Kenny Britt
Josh Gordon
Greg Little
Jerome Simpson
Sidney Rice
Doug Baldwin
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon


Any other players you guys can think of?

How about these FA:
Brandon Lloyd
Laurent Robinson
Mohammed Massaquoi
Randy Moss(do we try and see if he has anything left)
Steve Breaston
Early Doucet
Michael Jenkins
Devery Henderson
Deion Branch
Donte Stallworth
OchoCinco
T.O.
Devin Thomas
Terrence Tolliver


Whats your guys thoughts?
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23907
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of Hakeem Nicks makes me smile a little.
scroll down to avoid me gloating about my Madden team


Seeing as in Madden, Reggie Wayne retires after 2013 and I picked up Nicks in free agency I also let DHB walk in FA and draft a WR in the 2nd round named Arthur Boatwright who has become phenomenal in his second year (I've got Nicks and Boatwright (75 OVR) on the outside with Hilton in the slot. And Whalen as my #4

STOP scrolling

In all seriousness though I don't think any of those receivers are really worthy of trading another draft pick away for a possible rental.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
All this talk of Hakeem Nicks makes me smile a little.
scroll down to avoid me gloating about my Madden team


Seeing as in Madden, Reggie Wayne retires after 2013 and I picked up Nicks in free agency I also let DHB walk in FA and draft a WR in the 2nd round named Arthur Boatwright who has become phenomenal in his second year (I've got Nicks and Boatwright (75 OVR) on the outside with Hilton in the slot. And Whalen as my #4

STOP scrolling

In all seriousness though I don't think any of those receivers are really worthy of trading another draft pick away for a possible rental.


I tend to agree, although Im sure a deal for Nicks would be based on him signing an extension with us to complete the deal

I havent made it to the 2nd year of my chise yet, TBH I think probably start a new one and hope they finally have preexisting injuries fixed with the patch.
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23907
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
stallyns wrote:
All this talk of Hakeem Nicks makes me smile a little.
scroll down to avoid me gloating about my Madden team


Seeing as in Madden, Reggie Wayne retires after 2013 and I picked up Nicks in free agency I also let DHB walk in FA and draft a WR in the 2nd round named Arthur Boatwright who has become phenomenal in his second year (I've got Nicks and Boatwright (75 OVR) on the outside with Hilton in the slot. And Whalen as my #4

STOP scrolling

In all seriousness though I don't think any of those receivers are really worthy of trading another draft pick away for a possible rental.


I tend to agree, although Im sure a deal for Nicks would be based on him signing an extension with us to complete the deal

I havent made it to the 2nd year of my chise yet, TBH I think probably start a new one and hope they finally have preexisting injuries fixed with the patch.
Vinatieri, Hasselbeck and Wayne all retire after the season.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
stallyns wrote:
All this talk of Hakeem Nicks makes me smile a little.
scroll down to avoid me gloating about my Madden team


Seeing as in Madden, Reggie Wayne retires after 2013 and I picked up Nicks in free agency I also let DHB walk in FA and draft a WR in the 2nd round named Arthur Boatwright who has become phenomenal in his second year (I've got Nicks and Boatwright (75 OVR) on the outside with Hilton in the slot. And Whalen as my #4

STOP scrolling

In all seriousness though I don't think any of those receivers are really worthy of trading another draft pick away for a possible rental.


I tend to agree, although Im sure a deal for Nicks would be based on him signing an extension with us to complete the deal

I havent made it to the 2nd year of my chise yet, TBH I think probably start a new one and hope they finally have preexisting injuries fixed with the patch.
Vinatieri, Hasselbeck and Wayne all retire after the season.


Did you buy the WR retirement package?

or K retirement package

IDC too much about Hasselbeck retiring, although he would be good back up next year too.
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23907
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
stallyns wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
stallyns wrote:
All this talk of Hakeem Nicks makes me smile a little.
scroll down to avoid me gloating about my Madden team


Seeing as in Madden, Reggie Wayne retires after 2013 and I picked up Nicks in free agency I also let DHB walk in FA and draft a WR in the 2nd round named Arthur Boatwright who has become phenomenal in his second year (I've got Nicks and Boatwright (75 OVR) on the outside with Hilton in the slot. And Whalen as my #4

STOP scrolling

In all seriousness though I don't think any of those receivers are really worthy of trading another draft pick away for a possible rental.


I tend to agree, although Im sure a deal for Nicks would be based on him signing an extension with us to complete the deal

I havent made it to the 2nd year of my chise yet, TBH I think probably start a new one and hope they finally have preexisting injuries fixed with the patch.
Vinatieri, Hasselbeck and Wayne all retire after the season.


Did you buy the WR retirement package?

or K retirement package

IDC too much about Hasselbeck retiring, although he would be good back up next year too.
No I didn't but I picked up Kai Forbath to replace Vinatieri and I originally had Tebow back up Luck year 2 and then picked up Locker this year and added Matt Barkley when Locker got hurt in preseason
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23907
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a Bleacher Report notification that a walk on RB for Rice Jayson Carter who is 4'9" got his first carry and now holds the FBS record for shortest player Shocked
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Just got a Bleacher Report notification that a walk on RB for Rice Jayson Carter who is 4'9" got his first carry and now holds the FBS record for shortest player Shocked


lol I was that tall when I was 9
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13529
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Did you buy the WR retirement package?

or K retirement package

IDC too much about Hasselbeck retiring, although he would be good back up next year too.
No I didn't but I picked up Kai Forbath to replace Vinatieri and I originally had Tebow back up Luck year 2 and then picked up Locker this year and added Matt Barkley when Locker got hurt in preseason


Why not?

That is the first thing I buy with coaches XP....WR retirement package for Reggie, not that I have got to the end of the year to see if he stays another year.
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23907
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
stallyns wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Did you buy the WR retirement package?

or K retirement package

IDC too much about Hasselbeck retiring, although he would be good back up next year too.
No I didn't but I picked up Kai Forbath to replace Vinatieri and I originally had Tebow back up Luck year 2 and then picked up Locker this year and added Matt Barkley when Locker got hurt in preseason


Why not?

That is the first thing I buy with coaches XP....WR retirement package for Reggie, not that I have got to the end of the year to see if he stays another year.
Honestly I don't know, and I didn't take into account his age because I probably would have realized that Madden WRs don't normally play past 33. Oh well Nick is tearing it up for me (along with Dwayne Allen) and Hilton and Boatwright have been very good too.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group