Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins @ Broncos GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
Any words on JT? I hope it's something minor.

"RT @BKDenverSports: Source close to Julius Thomas told me MRI revealed a "mid to low ankle sprain" so #Broncos fans should be a bit relieved"

Peter Burns tweet

Thanks. That had me worried. Next 4 game stretch will be brutal, we need this guy to be healthy.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kevin Vickerson was a foot shorter and 170lbs lighter, I would totally kick his a. flippin idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
Anybody else like the pressure we applied on RG3 and the Redskins in the game?

Also, it's pretty awesome that we have the most INTs this season. That was our biggest issue on defense last season. We would stop teams from getting yards and on downs but we could never make many plays on defense. Sadly, our Giveaway/takeaway ratio is nothing special though because of how many picks Peyton has been throwing recently and the fumbles we are having.

.....what? Our defense was good last year because of all the big plays they made.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
If Kevin Vickerson was a foot shorter and 170lbs lighter, I would totally kick his a. flippin idiot.

We need dudes like that. And dudes with some swag like DRC.

I think everyone's main concern should be how soft our offense is from a physical standpoint at some points. No power running game to close games out, which we have talked about. Decker and DT obviously aren't the most physical players a lot of times. And the offense can't afford to let PM take hits.

Obviously his 15 yarders are bad and you can't let that happen. But at the same time we need players with passion//frustration like that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:

Also, it's pretty awesome that we have the most INTs this season. That was our biggest issue on defense last season. We would stop teams from getting yards and on downs but we could never make many plays on defense. Sadly, our Giveaway/takeaway ratio is nothing special though because of how many picks Peyton has been throwing recently and the fumbles we are having.

.....what? Our defense was good last year because of all the big plays they made.

By plays, I meant forcing turnovers and getting picks. We didn't do that last season. We are doing that this season.

We had 16 INTs all of last season. This season we already have 13. We are behind last season in forcing fumbles though but that's because we had Von all of last season whereas we missed Von for 6 games. Dumervil was pretty good at the strip sack too and I guess we'll miss him in that aspect.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

We need dudes like that. And dudes with some swag like DRC.

I think everyone's main concern should be how soft our offense is from a physical standpoint at some points. No power running game to close games out, which we have talked about. Decker and DT obviously aren't the most physical players a lot of times. And the offense can't afford to let PM take hits.

Obviously his 15 yarders are bad and you can't let that happen. But at the same time we need players with passion//frustration like that.
You nailed it!! Going into the bye that's really the only concern I've got.

Our "D" will be just fine if they stay healthy. Having WW in the lineup really opens up JDR's options and it was apparent yesterday.

As far as the bolded, good summary. Playing "Madden" won't work in January or against top tier teams. Yeah, we're 7-1 but the only real playoff team we played beat us.

I'd like to think we'd change, but with PM throwing deep picks with a 17 point lead and just a few minutes left doesn't lead one to believe we will.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:

By plays, I meant forcing turnovers and getting picks. We didn't do that last season. We are doing that this season.

We had 16 INTs all of last season. This season we already have 13. We are behind last season in forcing fumbles though but that's because we had Von all of last season whereas we missed Von for 6 games. Dumervil was pretty good at the strip sack too and I guess we'll miss him in that aspect.

Yeah I understand that. Statistically interceptions might be worse, but the defense continually forced turnovers in big situations last year.

Chargers game for example...we lose that if not for the defense forcing turnovers. The Ravens regular season game was completely altered by Chris Harris' pick six. Tracy Porter had a pick 6 in the first game of the year. First three off the top of my head.

I thought the defense continually came up with big plays last year when we needed them to, I don't think that interception stat is that telling in this situation. The Chris Harris and Trevathan picks have been huge, but we have a lot of garbage time interceptions this season as well.

Just how I feel from what I remember.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine if PM took some of the hits that RG3 took yesterday? Obviously he doesn't put himself in those situations like Griffin does...but still. Yikes.

And I agree with what you said AKRNA.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

If Kevin Vickerson was Trindon Holldiday? Laughing
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okta wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:

Its incredible the effect of Von on our defense. Even if he wasnt getting to quarterbacks he was helping to draw good matchups for other guys who took advantage.

"Pot Roast" is also having a pretty darn good season. I think that was a good signing.

The way Von just size up his opponent, the calm before the storm right after the snap of the ball, the way he crashes into whatever action there is... Good to see he's exerting his power over the flow of the game again. I was as hard on him as anybody during this summer, but of course I am also as glad as anybody that Von's on the field again.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter King wrote:
In Denver’s 7-1 start, Manning has averaged 365 passing yards per game. [...] As it is, he’s on pace for 5,838 passing yards with 58 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/28/matthew-stafford-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=hp_t11_a2

Shocked

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone overreacts to the Von news relax, his attorney was there to handle the charges and the Judge insisted on Von being there and it got taken care of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Before anyone overreacts to the Von news relax, his attorney was there to handle the charges and the Judge insisted on Von being there and it got taken care of.

Has Von been summoned then?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Has Von been summoned then?
Its taken care of and done with.

Only problem was the Judge insisted on Von being present even though all that was required was his representative being present which he was. The Denver Post loves just making false headlines.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

He wasnt fond of th fact he lived a few blocks away.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: