Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins @ Broncos GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Decker and Demaryius have been playing awfully soft lately.

Yeah, 2 of the interceptions are as much on DT as PM tbh. He had a pretty poor day in general minus the screen, which was a pretty easy run in

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. I thought we would give you guys more of a game when we were up 21-7, but alas it was not to be.

Will be seeing you in the SB and while I don't necessarily care to see Denver win another SB, I definitely want to see Peyton win another one. So I'll be rooting for you guys (unless, by some miracle, we make it there - then...ya know...)

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Decker and Demaryius have been playing awfully soft lately.

Sucks that I started Decker thinking he'd get me a ton of points. Sadly, he got me very little (shoulda started Michael Floyd over him Shocked )

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Good game guys. I thought we would give you guys more of a game when we were up 21-7, but alas it was not to be.

Will be seeing you in the SB and while I don't necessarily care to see Denver win another SB, I definitely want to see Peyton win another one. So I'll be rooting for you guys (unless, by some miracle, we make it there - then...ya know...)

Thanks for the classy comments.

I have never liked Washington because growing up it seemed like you guys always had our number and I hated how you beat us in the Superbowl even though I wasn't even born yet, lol.

Your team and fans are alright though and I respect them. I personally think you should give Kirk Cousins a try at QB. I am not a fan of RG3 because I hate these option QBs and I hate how he is a media darling. It is the same reason why I started to grow to dislike Adrian Peterson.

Either way, good luck to your team for the rest of the season!

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
The one glaring flaw that shone through a brilliant 4th quarter is our struggle to close out teams offensively. We gotta develop a running game if only for the playoffs.
This. You can throw the ball, but throw high percentage, safe passes. For example the DT screen is a safe play, but a fade is just dumb.

This is a good conversation. I'm with BB here. At a point, grinding down the clock to finish the game has to start taking priority.

Specifically, when I made my crack about Gase, we had a 1st and 20 at their 35. Just had a 9 yard run called back and had been gashing 'em between the tackles. Up by 10 with 6:30 left.

Two pass plays, 34 seconds TD. Next possession, two runs and a pick, about 1 minute.

If I'm calling plays, each of those series are three straight runs. On the 1st, even without the TD we'd get 3 and knock close to 3 minutes off the clock. Up 13 with 3+- minutes left to play. We get a couple of 1sts and the game's over.

Our 2nd possession the game would end.

I'll grant it's situational, but at that point RGIII was getting killed and they had no passing attack. Why not just finish the game. IMO that is putting a foot on their throat.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy had eight of the nine runs on that counterintuitive Packers possession, including five runs of 7 yards or more. The final one of that set, a 1-yard touchdown was almost anticlimactic.

It’s the latest in a month of performances that have shown the rookie running back is ready. He’s gone for at least 22 carries and at least 82 yards in every October game, and provides the perfect complement to a passing game that is among the best in the league when everyone’s well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/27/sunday-night-wrap-up-see-how-they-the-packers-run/

This is how a real NFL back impacts his team. Lacey certainly looks the part.
Tough runner, physical and hits the hole hard with no hesitation. Still dont know how we took Ball ahead of this guy. Ball is a slower Moreno with better vision and good cut back ability.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't ever recall a game where the QB had a holding penalty. Another record for Peyton.

mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for Kuper. That ankle is never going to hold up consistently in the NFL. I think this year is it for him.

Chris Kuper had a setback with his troublesome left ankle while he played right guard last week at Indy. He did not dress Sunday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24400343/broncos-ot-orlando-franklin-tough-guy-return-from?source=rss
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Von is back. He and Malik had a very good game. The few scenes I saw Jammer at CB, he locked down his assignment, too. And how about Fox? He was not his usual conservative self. Way to go! Overall, though, the offense was average. Manning forced a couple of throws, Salt and Pepper were anything but spicy and JT got injured. Speaking of which, any news on his and Duke's injury? Duke's looked far worse, but he managed to walk into the locker room. Perhaps it's only a knee sprain and nothing torn.

In the end, thr bye could not have come at a better time. A couple of Broncos need some rest, Manning included.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Good to see Von is back. He and Malik had a very good game. The few scenes I saw Jammer at CB, he locked down his assignment, too. And how about Fox? He was not his usual conservative self. Way to go! Overall, though, the offense was average. Manning forced a couple of throws, Salt and Pepper were anything but spicy and JT got injured. Speaking of which, any news on his and Duke's injury? Duke's looked far worse, but he managed to walk into the locker room. Perhaps it's only a knee sprain and nothing torn.

In the end, thr bye could not have come at a better time. A couple of Broncos need some rest, Manning included.
Duke wasn't wearing a boot after the game and Thomas has an MRI scheduled today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these TO's are annoying. If they Broncos didn't have them, they would be undefeated and averaging 50+ points per game. This BYE week, they need to address that.

Jared Allen and another RB might be needed. I agree with AKRNA. I like ball control football. I like them running out the clock and playing great defense. It wins all the time. I don't agree with the new NFL client that says that scoring 40+ wins championships. I will always go with, run the ball, stop their offense, every time.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any words on JT? I hope it's something minor.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
Any words on JT? I hope it's something minor.

"RT @BKDenverSports: Source close to Julius Thomas told me MRI revealed a "mid to low ankle sprain" so #Broncos fans should be a bit relieved"

Peter Burns tweet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else like the pressure we applied on RG3 and the Redskins in the game?

Also, it's pretty awesome that we have the most INTs this season. That was our biggest issue on defense last season. We would stop teams from getting yards and on downs but we could never make many plays on defense. Sadly, our Giveaway/takeaway ratio is nothing special though because of how many picks Peyton has been throwing recently and the fumbles we are having.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
Okta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
Anybody else like the pressure we applied on RG3 and the Redskins in the game?

Also, it's pretty awesome that we have the most INTs this season. That was our biggest issue on defense last season. We would stop teams from getting yards and on downs but we could never make many plays on defense. Sadly, our Giveaway/takeaway ratio is nothing special though because of how many picks Peyton has been throwing recently and the fumbles we are having.

Its incredible the effect of Von on our defense. Even if he wasnt getting to quarterbacks he was helping to draw good matchups for other guys who took advantage.

"Pot Roast" is also having a pretty darn good season. I think that was a good signing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: