Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft !! Early needs and Big board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedishere wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
I think we are in a position to take the best playmaker in round 1. We have needs, but they are not at places where you traditionally want to burn a 1st round pick. We need an OT, but a RT. I guess if we have an elite LT prospect on the board we could move Glenn to RT, but I would prefer not to. We need guard help. Despite how high some guards went in last years draft, I wouldn't touch one in the 1st round. We need help at LB, but we don't really need a 3 down backer. Kiko is that guy, we really need a 2 down thumper to pair with him.

I would seriously consider a playmaking TE. Theses guys are mismatches in a game that is about finding mismatches. I like Chandler but he is a terrible blocker and doesn't have the speed to stretch defenses. He would be better served as a #2 TE IMO.

I wouldn't Mind Taking a top LT and moving Cordy to LG. hen he came out he was seen more as a LG anyway.
I don't care what draftniks thought about him leading up to the draft. He has shown the ability to play tackle at this level and there is no benefit to moving him inside while leaving a liability like Pears at RT.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
thedishere wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
I think we are in a position to take the best playmaker in round 1. We have needs, but they are not at places where you traditionally want to burn a 1st round pick. We need an OT, but a RT. I guess if we have an elite LT prospect on the board we could move Glenn to RT, but I would prefer not to. We need guard help. Despite how high some guards went in last years draft, I wouldn't touch one in the 1st round. We need help at LB, but we don't really need a 3 down backer. Kiko is that guy, we really need a 2 down thumper to pair with him.

I would seriously consider a playmaking TE. Theses guys are mismatches in a game that is about finding mismatches. I like Chandler but he is a terrible blocker and doesn't have the speed to stretch defenses. He would be better served as a #2 TE IMO.

I wouldn't Mind Taking a top LT and moving Cordy to LG. hen he came out he was seen more as a LG anyway.
I don't care what draftniks thought about him leading up to the draft. He has shown the ability to play tackle at this level and there is no benefit to moving him inside while leaving a liability like Pears at RT.

I 100% agree with this thinking. Cordy has been borderline elite for us this year.. why move or mess with that? What we need is someone next to him that's more consistent and skilled. I don't like the idea of taking a OT prospect and putting him at RT. At least, not in the 1st round.

The way it's looking we're in a prime position for this draft.. chances are we pick somewhere between 10-16. Most of the top end talent will be at positions we don't really need. We can get ourselves a solid OLB to pair with Alonso. Someone like CJ Mosley or Khalil Mack would be ideal and also be picked where they should be (aka not reaching for a guy). In a perfect world, Anthony Barr falls into our laps but I don't think we'll be picking high enough to get him.

After that we're in a better position to take a guard. There are several late-1st, early 2nd round linemen that will be very good guards. We have David Yankey, Gabe Jackson and Cyril Richardson as the upper tier guards, and chances are one of them will be there.

I could see us looking at a TE prospect though too.. we need a mismatch TE like a Jimmy Graham or Gronk. Guys like Austin Seferian-Jenkins don't come around much so he wouldn't be a bad selection either. I just don't necessarily think TE is a big need early on.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
thedishere wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:

I 100% agree with this thinking. Cordy has been borderline elite for us this year.. why move or mess with that? What we need is someone next to him that's more consistent and skilled. I don't like the idea of taking a OT prospect and putting him at RT. At least, not in the 1st round.

The way it's looking we're in a prime position for this draft.. chances are we pick somewhere between 10-16. Most of the top end talent will be at positions we don't really need. We can get ourselves a solid OLB to pair with Alonso. Someone like CJ Mosley or Khalil Mack would be ideal and also be picked where they should be (aka not reaching for a guy). In a perfect world, Anthony Barr falls into our laps but I don't think we'll be picking high enough to get him.

After that we're in a better position to take a guard. There are several late-1st, early 2nd round linemen that will be very good guards. We have David Yankey, Gabe Jackson and Cyril Richardson as the upper tier guards, and chances are one of them will be there.

I could see us looking at a TE prospect though too.. we need a mismatch TE like a Jimmy Graham or Gronk. Guys like Austin Seferian-Jenkins don't come around much so he wouldn't be a bad selection either. I just don't necessarily think TE is a big need early on.

I honestly think we'll be able to get ASJ around the 3rd round. He's more of an athelete than a football player right now. His hands are spotty and his blocking is pretty bad. But if we land him and coach him up right he's got Jimmy Graham potential.

I think we have to go guard if we're picking in the 10-16 range. We need someone who can maul on the inside and at least pull with some consistency if we want to be a real running team. Gotta give CJ some space to work with after all. I think if things play out as they should, Richardson should be there for us.

Second/Third priority is secondary depth. Not sure who we'll target there, wanna see the rest of the season play out before I can say definitively where we'd slot someone.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
bizell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we draft purifoy i'll cease to be a bills fan

sig by sucka steve
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Ebron and a need for a TE is beginning make more and more sense for us..

Anthony Barr
CJ Mosley
Khalil Mack
Eric Ebron
Jake Matthews

My updated top 5
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

Anthony Barr
CJ Mosley
Khalil Mack
Eric Ebron
Jake Matthews

My updated top 5

Mine is nearly identical. I just don't think Matthews will be available. I'd swap him out and put in Lewan.

I know it's a luxury pick given our needs, but I'd be pumped about taking a playmaker like Sammy Watkins. I don't think TJ Graham is working out outside. Stevie in the slot with Watkins and Woods on the outside is scary.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Anthony Barr
CJ Mosley
Khalil Mack
Eric Ebron
Jake Matthews

My updated top 5

Mine is nearly identical. I just don't think Matthews will be available. I'd swap him out and put in Lewan.

I know it's a luxury pick given our needs, but I'd be pumped about taking a playmaker like Sammy Watkins. I don't think TJ Graham is working out outside. Stevie in the slot with Watkins and Woods on the outside is scary.

I'm a Michigan diehard, I think Lewan is a great tackle.

But all this off the field stuff popping up about him is starting to scare the crap out of me. At this point I'd be very hesitant about picking him up. But I guess we'll have to see.

Watkins would make our offense instantly the most explosive (potentially) in the NFL, but right now I think we can't afford to take another WR, especially early. I really, really, really, REALLY want Khalil Mack. Like, salivating over it. Laughing I think another good choice would be a guy like Cyril Richardson, we need a guard and he's IMO the best one in the draft.

The best thing about this year is if EJ pans out, this is a team that might finally be able to MAKE THE DAMN PLAYOFFS. Laughing

NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Anthony Barr
CJ Mosley
Khalil Mack
Eric Ebron
Jake Matthews

My updated top 5

But all this off the field stuff popping up about him is starting to scare the crap out of me. At this point I'd be very hesitant about picking him up. But I guess we'll have to see.

Watkins would make our offense instantly the most explosive (potentially) in the NFL, but right now I think we can't afford to take another WR, especially early. I really, really, really, REALLY want Khalil Mack. Like, salivating over it. Laughing I think another good choice would be a guy like Cyril Richardson, we need a guard and he's IMO the best one in the draft.

The best thing about this year is if EJ pans out, this is a team that might finally be able to MAKE THE DAMN PLAYOFFS. Laughing

I'm a diehard Buckeyes fan Laughing

If that's the case with Lewan, I have no issue putting Richardson in his spot. And I'm with you, Mack is probably my favorite player heading into the draft at the moment.. especially because he's from Buffalo.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Anthony Barr
CJ Mosley
Khalil Mack
Eric Ebron
Jake Matthews

My updated top 5

If that's the case with Lewan, I have no issue putting Richardson in his spot. And I'm with you, Mack is probably my favorite player heading into the draft at the moment.. especially because he's from Buffalo.

Isn't he technically from like Florida? Not to nit pick or anything ha.

My list is based of positional need IMO more then where the player is worth taking.

1. Eric Ebon
2. Mike Evans
3. Jake Mathews
4. CJ Mosley
5. Taylor Lewan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Anthony Barr
CJ Mosley
Khalil Mack
Eric Ebron
Jake Matthews

My updated top 5

Isn't he technically from like Florida? Not to nit pick or anything ha.

My list is based of positional need IMO more then where the player is worth taking.

1. Eric Ebon
2. Mike Evans
3. Jake Mathews
4. CJ Mosley
5. Taylor Lewan

Technically yea, he lived in Florida. You know what I meant though, he's from the University of Buffalo... nit picker Wink

TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now we are in line to be 6th overall pick..

Looking at the biggest needs, I do not see a DB worth taking that high.. S HaHa Clinton-Dix is highly rated but just not worth it in my opinion..

Beyond that, is there any real need that would be worth reaching for over the potentially elite of the draft?

If we end up high enough to get the elite players, I would do it, regardless if people dont think we need the position..

My board of 6:

1. QB-Teddy Bridgewater.. I know many will kill me for putting a QB here, but I think Bridgewater is a significantly better prospect than Manuel ever was.. If we end up this high, I would pull the trigger..

2. DE-Jadaveon Clowney.. DE is not necessarily the biggest need, but Clowney is truly special.. Clowney - Kyle - Dareus - Mario is a phenominal line..

3. QB-Brett Hundley.. Same boat as Bridgewater.. Considering our #1 pick was spent on Manuel you dont LOOK for a QB, but if a superior guy falls to you, you have to at least seriously consider it..

4. OT-Jake Matthews.. Good athlete and polished for his young age.. I don't know if we put him at RT opposite Glenn or if we kick Glenn inside, but he is an elite talent and would be big for us on the offensive line.. We definitely need a boost..

5. LB-C.J. Mosely.. I hate picking a LB so high, especially with the success of Kiko, but we can use another strong linebacker next to Kiko.. In a draft that lacks in top end talent, Mosely has it and could be a big help for our defense..

6. OT-Taylor Lewan.. Perhaps not as physically gifted as Matthews, but Lewan is large and strong.. I still think we need an upgrade at OL and if he is available he is a good choice..

Ideally, I want a CB to shoot up the draft board because that is what we could really use, but this is my wish list thus far..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Looking at the biggest needs, I do not see a DB worth taking that high.. S HaHa Clinton-Dix is highly rated but just not worth it in my opinion..

Beyond that, is there any real need that would be worth reaching for over the potentially elite of the draft?

If we end up high enough to get the elite players, I would do it, regardless if people dont think we need the position..

My board of 6:

1. QB-Teddy Bridgewater.. I know many will kill me for putting a QB here, but I think Bridgewater is a significantly better prospect than Manuel ever was.. If we end up this high, I would pull the trigger..

2. DE-Jadaveon Clowney.. DE is not necessarily the biggest need, but Clowney is truly special.. Clowney - Kyle - Dareus - Mario is a phenominal line..

3. QB-Brett Hundley.. Same boat as Bridgewater.. Considering our #1 pick was spent on Manuel you dont LOOK for a QB, but if a superior guy falls to you, you have to at least seriously consider it..

4. OT-Jake Matthews.. Good athlete and polished for his young age.. I don't know if we put him at RT opposite Glenn or if we kick Glenn inside, but he is an elite talent and would be big for us on the offensive line.. We definitely need a boost..

5. LB-C.J. Mosely.. I hate picking a LB so high, especially with the success of Kiko, but we can use another strong linebacker next to Kiko.. In a draft that lacks in top end talent, Mosely has it and could be a big help for our defense..

6. OT-Taylor Lewan.. Perhaps not as physically gifted as Matthews, but Lewan is large and strong.. I still think we need an upgrade at OL and if he is available he is a good choice..

Ideally, I want a CB to shoot up the draft board because that is what we could really use, but this is my wish list thus far..

Couple things. Have you watched Hundley much this year? He has regressed and is definitely not near a top 10 pick. I don't see it being an issue though, we will not give up on Manuel this early (Unless he completely sucks the next 6 games).

I don't see Bridgewater or Clowney being within reach, I assume your not including projections yet. The rest of the board makes a lot more sense.

Where do you have Khalil Mack? I don't think he's worth a top 6 pick yet, just wondering where you have him.

Also... are you forgetting about Anthony Barr? He's a phenomenal talent. I have him #1 on my board (factoring out the obvious guys that are out of reach).

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

My board of 6:

Couple things. Have you watched Hundley much this year? He has regressed and is definitely not near a top 10 pick. I don't see it being an issue though, we will not give up on Manuel this early (Unless he completely sucks the next 6 games).

I don't see Bridgewater or Clowney being within reach, I assume your not including projections yet. The rest of the board makes a lot more sense.

Where do you have Khalil Mack? I don't think he's worth a top 6 pick yet, just wondering where you have him.

Also... are you forgetting about Anthony Barr? He's a phenomenal talent. I have him #1 on my board (factoring out the obvious guys that are out of reach).

Anthony Barr would be a great pick. He's my #1 as well, immediately turns our biggest need into a position of fantastic strength. But I also think Mack, after the pre-draft bowls and vetting process, will be a top-10 pick. Absolutely.

I don't understand the logic in still looking at QB's. I don't care if Hundley falls to us (Teddy is going #1, period) he's not worth the pick. Because he's literally just as much a project as EJ was.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater is going 1st and I don't think Hundley comes out. I didnt consider Clowney because I don't see us in legit contention.

I'd be ecstatic if we got a hold of Clowney.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: