Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Williams Interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Vince Williams Interview Reply with quote

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Update-Vince-Williams-starting-to-evolve/50ef46c0-47e9-4bb4-b11c-a41a4717c1f3

When I see him on the field I see shades of Levon.

...you have a forum resume?
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize he was already acting as defensive playcaller.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear Farrior is mentoring him.

With Williams, Jones, Heyward, Thomas and Allen, we have some quality youth that could definitely be starters in a few years. We still need pieces obviously, but it was so annoying seeing people acting like we didnt have any potnetial on defense. We have plenty...just a matter of learning the defense and getting experience.

I think DL and CB will be the biggest needs on defense next year, but we definitely have young talent on D.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Williams, but sometimes I question his place in the league. His snaps have been dropping week by week. I don't blame him, just kind of the nature of defense now.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really like Williams, but sometimes I question his place in the league. His snaps have been dropping week by week. I don't blame him, just kind of the nature of defense now.

They have been playing more DB's, but I'm not sure that's because of any physical limitation Williams has. If there's an issue with him, and what's going to decide his future in the league, it's going to be what's between his ears. He's a young guy. It's not smart to throw everything at him at the same time.

It really seems like it should be Timmons making the calls. For whatever reason he's just not comfortable being vocal.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:

Troy's been playing ILB basically. Can't fault him for playing 2nd fiddle to the hairball. Razz

yes, Williams has been playing the buck all season.

Funny that a 6th rounder not from Oxford managed to develop the ability to call LeBeau's alleged "War and Peace" defense in one summer, isn't it?
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

Troy's been playing ILB basically. Can't fault him for playing 2nd fiddle to the hairball. Razz

yes, Williams has been playing the buck all season.

Funny that a 6th rounder not from Oxford managed to develop the ability to call LeBeau's alleged "War and Peace" defense in one summer, isn't it?

Great point Kethnaab, but he does have help. I think it is a good move for the future as well. I think LeBeau and company are letting him take some lumps on the read part this year, so that his react part will be much better as this season progresses and into next year.

Many Steelers struggled as rookies learning the "War & Peace Defense of LeBeau." Troy didn't do much as a rookie, but he turned out fine. Very Happy

To Fourthreemafia's point: it is encouraging seeing some results from many of the youngsters including Jarvis and Shamarko. Add a few more peices to the puzzle and the Steelers defense will be dominant again.

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great teams usually are great up the middle.

...you have a forum resume?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: