Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 Phins vs Pats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
If u came here to gloat after a game called like that, wow its easy to see why u are a Pats fan.
The rush of Patriots fans in this thread is only because Lemmiwinks made a ridiculous post in our forum. I won't condone the behavior, but it's not like they're all coming in here unprovoked.

You say ridiculous post, I say I asked for 1 Pats fan to admit you were helped by officials.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
The other looked like a batted ball in real-time (which is all the refs have) and a marginal call on the replay - I can see why it was called, especially as the ball traveled about 15 yards.

No reason you can't pick up the flag though. This isn't the NBA. Unless you can't review that call. In which case it's unfortunate that the ref missed it to begin with. The defender's arm looked to me like he was trying to scoop it, his arm was traveling in an arc.
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
The other looked like a batted ball in real-time (which is all the refs have) and a marginal call on the replay - I can see why it was called, especially as the ball traveled about 15 yards.

No reason you can't pick up the flag though. This isn't the NBA. Unless you can't review that call. In which case it's unfortunate that the ref missed it to begin with. The defender's arm looked to me like he was trying to scoop it, his arm was traveling in an arc.

Vernon was very clearly trying to scoop it. Why would he hit it forward when the only person who had a chance to recover it was him? If he can get his hand on it, he should try to recover is which he did try to do. The refs saw that and decided that New England can't afford to lose 2 in a row. Kinda how they "won" against New Orleans.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Vernon was very clearly trying to scoop it. Why would he hit it forward when the only person who had a chance to recover it was him?

Err what? He did hit it forward, that's what happened. Look at it from the refs viewpoint, they have to make a call in real time and a guy just swiped a football 15 yards down the field. That's a hell of an effort for someone trying to recover it.
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your gonna argue that call, then you and everyone else should stop complaining about that new penalty that lost you the game last week.

Its convenient that ppl can argue this and that on a POV penalty that should not of been called, but scream for bloody murder that you got robbed on a correctly called penalty that should have been and was called.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look Refs $ucked no two ways about it. But they did not have a hand in on

1- Fummble that turned into 7 points.

2- (2) INTs ( which if I remember one set them up for a TD.

3- Two missed FGs

4- 6 Sacks in one half of football. (32 for the season almost an average of 5 a game)

We are bad, we spent tooooo much money on Mike Irrelevant Wallace, don't have an Oline,a QB who has more fumbles then TDs. I blame, Ross, Ireland, JP, Sherman.
I want Ireland gone in the worse way, if he helped save this season and we win a SB I want him gone.

Pats got the better calls today, it happens every week one team gets a better call then the other, The Pats just got some bonus calls, we lost tempo and threw the towel in. Bengals are gonna eat us alive.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they didnt have a hand in those particular plays, but they killed our momentum and deflated the defense. I dont think half that happens if those horrible calls werent made.

after the refs started jobbin us our play started to really decline, i dont think that is just a mere coincidence. It is up to coaching to get us through it, but we kept getting in our own way.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
if your gonna argue that call, then you and everyone else should stop complaining about that new penalty that lost you the game last week.

Its convenient that ppl can argue this and that on a POV penalty that should not of been called, but scream for bloody murder that you got robbed on a correctly called penalty that should have been and was called.

Not sure what you're arguing. Are you saying both were right calls or wrong calls? It's difficult to compare the two a very different. The call last week was the correct call, just not consistently applied to both teams as was admitted by the league this week.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Vernon was very clearly trying to scoop it. Why would he hit it forward when the only person who had a chance to recover it was him? If he can get his hand on it, he should try to recover is which he did try to do. The refs saw that and decided that New England can't afford to lose 2 in a row. Kinda how they "won" against New Orleans.

Quote:
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 4h

The batting play in NE is clear to me. #50 illegally bats it forward which you can't do. That is a penalty and correctly ruled.

Mike Pereira in on the conspiracy?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Quote:

The batting play in NE is clear to me. #50 illegally bats it forward which you can't do. That is a penalty and correctly ruled.

Obviously not. Us Dolphin fans need to stop crying about bad calls and suck it up, Pats played a real good game. Congrats.

Officials had no say in the outcome.

That ok for ya? Why are you here anyway?
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two calls that went against us really hurt. The PI call against Wilson really hurt. Pats would have had to punt instead they got 1st and 10 and scored a TD. The batting of the ball hurt us but you can argue it both ways. Again though they would have had to punt but instead they got another 1st and 10 and scored.

Outside of the calls This game falls on Coaching imo. We didn't get the players ready for the second half. Its like they went into the locker room and drank a beer and chilled then came out expecting to play at the same level. NE made adjustments and started blitzing more. Not sure why Wallace can't catch a ball anymore but he has slowed this offense down. Defenses are starting to play up on him and he doesn't command the double team anymore which collapses the pocket even faster. We have a stubborn coach who doesn't know how to make adjustments.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never taken a loss this hard. Worst sporting event I have ever attended and one of the worst days of my life in general, bull [inappropriate/removed].
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Quote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-week-8-winners-losers-officials-exuberance-costs-033212273--nfl.html?vp=1

Yahoo is not buying it either.[/url]

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah when the NFL isnt passing out their paychecks ppl are allowed to call it for what it was BULLCRAP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some bad calls. But at the end of the day Miami played a horrible second half. ZERO points in the 2nd half ZERO!!! We can blame the refs all we want but at the end of the day we didn't score enough points to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: