Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills @ Saints - GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough game today, I don't but this BS that we are the same old Bills. Same old Bills would be down 56-10.

Marrone has this team believing in themselves and playing well for the most part. Once we get our franchise QB back we'll play even more consistently on O (I think).

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In "This man is not a human being" news.

Megatron has 300 yards. Laughing
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to buy a "Fire Hackett" billboard with me?
He is terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think things will improve once EJ gets back.

But we seriously need some new corners. And a new RG, and LG, and RT. And maybe an OC if he doesn't get his head surgically removed from his anus.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
He is terrible.

I have not been impressed with Hackett either by any means, but remember that our QB and top RB are out of the game, and our top WR has been gimpy and we are playing a blitz happy defense..

Our talent on offense is outmatched, plain and simple.. We need some work on the offensive line, but the results this season should not be a surprise and its hard to put heavy blame on a coordinator who is working with substandard pieces..

I think things are looking up, but we are at least an offseason away from strengthening our offense, and until he has pieces to work with I don't want to crucify Hackett..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
He is terrible.

I have not been impressed with Hackett either by any means, but remember that our QB and top RB are out of the game, and our top WR has been gimpy and we are playing a blitz happy defense..

Our talent on offense is outmatched, plain and simple.. We need some work on the offensive line, but the results this season should not be a surprise and its hard to put heavy blame on a coordinator who is working with substandard pieces..

I think things are looking up, but we are at least an offseason away from strengthening our offense, and until he has pieces to work with I don't want to crucify Hackett..

We were spoiled by success and some close wins/losses early.

But yeah, in reality this is a team that purely and simply isn't ready to compete with the big boys yet. Defensively we've made progress and Marrone and his staff have been up and down. So it's impossible to say if we're really progressing or not right now.

But things are at least better than they were under Chan. If only marginally so. This is a developmental year. The offseason we'll add some critical pieces and hopefully, with EJ getting a year under his belt, compete for the playoffs FINALLY next year.
Kswift

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
He is terrible.

I think this is largely the reason the offence has looked so vanilla and unimpressive. This week it looked like the large majority of the play calling was focused around sheltering Thad from the blitz with the methodical up the middle run game. I do, however, think they need to open it up and stop babying the quarterbacks, whether it's EJ or Thad, and let them have enough control to win the game for us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
He is terrible.

I'm upset with the play calling more than anything else. A play fake on 3rd and long and a screen to a TE on 4th and 11 just to name a few.

And yes, we do need to stop babysitting our QB's. It's somewhat embarrassing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
He is terrible.

I'm upset with the play calling more than anything else. A play fake on 3rd and long and a screen to a TE on 4th and 11 just to name a few.

And yes, we do need to stop babysitting our QB's. It's somewhat embarrassing.

Seriously. Look at what the Jets are doing with Geno.

Yes, he turned it over and still turns it over. But they aren't coddling him. And he's allowed free range of the entire offense and it's helping him grow from week to week.

We need to do that with EJ. Just let him go in the full offense and see what he's got and his improvement. Keeping the training wheels on helps nobody because it's not like we're competing for anything if we have them on or not. We're just holding back his development.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: