Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Unleash CJ Anderson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Unleash CJ Anderson Reply with quote

I think it is time to start activating CJ Anderson and giving him some snaps in games.

Hillman and Ball are too unreliable with their inability to secure the ball and weak pass protection. Ball is also one-dimensional as he is purely a rusher. I would deactivate Ball before Hillman though but since Hillman's mistake was more recent and more deadly, I could see Hillman being deactivated/demoted first.

I did not pay too much attention to the Broncos in the preseason. I just know that he was making some noise and putting up good yards until he got injured. Broncos still kept him on this team though which means they saw something in him. From what I read in the scouting report, he is good in pass protection (you guys that paid attention to him in preseason, confirm if it is true or not). Pass pro is huge in playing RB next to Peyton Manning. The RBs are not expected to be runners in this offense, they are expected to be blockers and receivers, almost like a FB which is why Moreno is starting at RB right now.

I am guessing Denver is willing to give Hillman and Ball like one or two more shots but I do think it is time to unleash CJ sooner rather than later.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Vic Lombardi, you may have called this one:

Vic Lombardi wrote:
Expect a big roster move for the Broncos this Sunday. I'll have details soon.

Vic Lombardi wrote:
CJ Anderson up. Ronnie Hillman down.

https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/status/393826446092693504
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's ready I'd love to see it. He reminds me of Robert Holmes, a bowling ball, tough to tackle and very good between the tackles.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be shocked if he took over the starting role over Moreno by the end of the year. Do I will think it will happen no, Moreno has been a very fine player this year but he also might not be back next year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gase was asked about him and said he's healthy and ready. Here's what Fox has to say about him.

Quote:
"I like him," he said. "He hasn’t had a lot of reps since preseason but we’ve seen him a lot in practice and like the growth and development he’s had up to date.”
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Gase was asked about him and said he's healthy and ready. Here's what Fox has to say about him.

Quote:
"I like him," he said. "He hasn’t had a lot of reps since preseason but we’ve seen him a lot in practice and like the growth and development he’s had up to date.”

I am gonna start him. Already made a risky but in the end good calls with starting Alshon Jeffrey and Terrance Williams in fantasy early on this season.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
If he's ready I'd love to see it. He reminds me of Robert Holmes, a bowling ball, tough to tackle and very good between the tackles.

I have seen old games and highlights, and I know who you are talking about. That would be cool if he is like that.
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very refreshing news!
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Hillman should be on the deactivated list.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The best players will play" - Fox has always said it and he has been true to his word (see Trevathan, Webster, Harris etc).

Hillman deserves his benching, he can have no complaints.

MUFC OK
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news to hear. I am just hoping that CJ Anderson will be the #2 back and not the #3 back. I think it is possible that they will give Montee Ball another shot as the #2 back and if he messes it up then it is CJ's time to shine. I personally think we should let CJ shine now since we have given both Ball and Hillman their shots this regular and preseason and they have both blown it.

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irrelevant move if we don't use him though.

We have done terrible at managing personnel this season.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are getting a little ahead of themselves if they think Anderson is all of a sudden the best RB on the team, let alone the #2 RB on this team. He hasnt proven anything against starting NFL defenses yet. Sure he beat up on preseason squads but those guys arent playing anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
People are getting a little ahead of themselves if they think Anderson is all of a sudden the best RB on the team, let alone the #2 RB on this team. He hasnt proven anything against starting NFL defenses yet. Sure he beat up on preseason squads but those guys arent playing anymore.

He has probably already proven more than Montee Ball has.

If CJ can show superior running skills than Moreno, then he would be the #1 back on this team. From the scouting report, CJ seems to take a lot of pride on pass-protection, so he seems fine there. CJ's problem seems to be his weak combine numbers particularly his 40 yard dash. He doesn't seem very fast. He really just sounds like a bowling bowl version of Moreno but we'll see when he is out there.

CJ's biggest value is probably going to be able to convert short yardage plays that Moreno and the Broncos were unable to do last week against Colts.

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

He has probably already proven more than Montee Ball has.

If CJ can show superior running skills than Moreno, then he would be the #1 back on this team. From the scouting report, CJ seems to take a lot of pride on pass-protection, so he seems fine there. CJ's problem seems to be his weak combine numbers particularly his 40 yard dash. He doesn't seem very fast. He really just sounds like a bowling bowl version of Moreno but we'll see when he is out there.

CJ's biggest value is probably going to be able to convert short yardage plays that Moreno and the Broncos were unable to do last week against Colts.

Theres just so much wrong with this.

First, CJ has proven NOTHING in the NFL. Absolutely NOTHING. Preseason means NOTHING, especially when you play against unemployed people.

Second, if I can show "superior running skills more than Moreno" Ill be the starting RB too. The fact that people are saying a UDFA rookie is already destined to be the starter is the dumbest comment ever.

Lastly, Knowshon has been very good in short yardage this season. Last week is the outlier where nobody on this team was playing well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: