Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How bad will we have to be for Smitty to be on the hot seat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How bad will we need to be for Smith to be on the hot seat
He already was, too many playoff failures
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
8-8 + (missing playoffs)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
5-11 - 7-9
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
3-13 - 4-12
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
2-14
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Any opinion that includes jon gruden should automatically be ignored. Seriously.

This is a prime example of the responses posters get these days on this forum. Condescending, off topic, and rude replies. No attempt to add to discussion, merely to ridicule another's opinion. It's sad really this used to be a really cool forum, now it's a haven for prepubescent kids with no original thought of their own. First, this person assumes I was talking about Jon Gruden, apparently not knowing that his brother Jay is also a coach and a good one. Second, he demands that everyone should ignore my opinion because I had one that differs from his. And finally, he adds "seriously", I assume so we could all tell he wasn't joking around with us. You know what I really find funny is we can all be fans of the Falcons, yet the animosity runs rampant across the forum. This is why I rarely post (if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all) because I don't want to get sucked into these mundane threads full of name calling and attacks. Yet I fell for it this time! LOL

FYI, I was talking about Jon Gruden. Embarassed
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im confused. another playoff exit and smith is gone but if we turn this season around and finish 8-8 or better he stays?????
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Any opinion that includes jon gruden should automatically be ignored. Seriously.

This is a prime example of the responses posters get these days on this forum. Condescending, off topic, and rude replies. No attempt to add to discussion, merely to ridicule another's opinion. It's sad really this used to be a really cool forum, now it's a haven for prepubescent kids with no original thought of their own. First, this person assumes I was talking about Jon Gruden, apparently not knowing that his brother Jay is also a coach and a good one. Second, he demands that everyone should ignore my opinion because I had one that differs from his. And finally, he adds "seriously", I assume so we could all tell he wasn't joking around with us. You know what I really find funny is we can all be fans of the Falcons, yet the animosity runs rampant across the forum. This is why I rarely post (if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all) because I don't want to get sucked into these mundane threads full of name calling and attacks. Yet I fell for it this time! LOL

FYI, I was talking about Jon Gruden. Embarassed

Yeah that GSU guy is def the Senior Falcons Exec. He knows so much that there is no need for the forum. He should just tell us what to do. LOLOLOL He is the emperor.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

Seconded. Gruden is a horrible coach.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
BladeKor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda stupid to fire a head coach when half the team is injured, not to mention it's stupid to fire a head coach for having 1 losing season. (At least that's the way it's heading)
falcons145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
Kinda stupid to fire a head coach when half the team is injured, not to mention it's stupid to fire a head coach for having 1 losing season. (At least that's the way it's heading)

There's no way he'll be fired after this year, by hot seat I mean how bad will we need to be for him to have a chance at being fired after 2014
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Seconded. Gruden is a horrible coach.

Some people on here know I have a deep man crush for the Grude. I hope we get him IF we for some idiotic reason fire Smith. I think Smith is one of the best coaches in the league.

As far as Grude, I think he'd come in and help our GM make right personnel moves. Whether he can coach or not is debatable, but if he doesn't call plays (like smith doesn't) we just need a good decision maker/motivator anyways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: