Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT: Jets @ Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16358
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way we can win games is if our defense plays well. If they don't play well we don't have a shot, not with a rookie QB and the supporting cast we have this year. It would be nice to string 2 wins in a row though. We haven't done that since early last year I think.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4180
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would just be nice to get a win this year that's not a nail biter.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19870
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
It would just be nice to get a win this year that's not a nail biter.

The Buffalo game was not a nail-biter.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5662
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to get Geno a Legit #1 WR so we could see what is possible with him ...

honestly if our offense could be consistently good I think we are a .625 team at least

Geno has shown flashes quite a bit if we got him some legit weapons we could accelerate his development as a QB

Believe Gordon has been productive with all 3 different QBs for the browns
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doumeyer


Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 321
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does Ryan think we can run the ball , our guards are horrible, this is not a knock against Powell or Irory, but look today
Powell 10 rushs for 19 yards =1.9 YPC
Ivory 6 rushes for 11 yards=1.8 YPC
Neither of our guards get any push. We have no breakaway backs either. And we weren't playing the 86 Bears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47552
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Why does Ryan think we can run the ball , our guards are horrible, this is not a knock against Powell or Irory, but look today
Powell 10 rushs for 19 yards =1.9 YPC
Ivory 6 rushes for 11 yards=1.8 YPC
Neither of our guards get any push. We have no breakaway backs either. And we weren't playing the 86 Bears.

The Bengals have a top 5 defense in the NFL.

We entered the game 8th in the NFL in rushing yardage.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16225
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jg6041 wrote:
Sorry guys this one is easy. We win.
Dalton gets happy feet. Gets smashed a few times.
We are not punks when it comes to running, we win easy.
It will still be close, so win easy means we win.
Bet the under lol.


So, about that...

Cause that was clearly the sentiment of everyone in the Jets forum right? Rolling Eyes


Understood. Not a trash talker. But he deserved it...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16225
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, Rex is a great HC. Just needs more time. Remember how many times Marvin got blown out by you guys. Don't give up yet..
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7265
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Btw, Rex is a great HC. Just needs more time. Remember how many times Marvin got blown out by you guys. Don't give up yet..


Don't worry about that. Some on here want Rex fired every time we lose a game.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doumeyer


Joined: 03 Jul 2013
Posts: 321
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( green 24 ) The only reason we are eight in the league in rushing, is because went can't get the ball down field by the pass, its not Geno its the lack of having any kind of deep threat. That why our offense looks so lack luster. The longest run by one of our running backs is only 17 yards. The only reason that we are eight in the league in rushing is because we run the so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18704
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say good game, but it wasn't.

Chin up, Jets are still 4-4, which is better than most probably thought they'd be at the beginning of the year. Geno didn't show much today, but it was just one of those days. I still think the Jets will be in the hunt toward the end of the season.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve the Dream


Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 548
Location: University of Scranton
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I'd say good game, but it wasn't.

Chin up, Jets are still 4-4, which is better than most probably thought they'd be at the beginning of the year. Geno didn't show much today, but it was just one of those days. I still think the Jets will be in the hunt toward the end of the season.

I thought he looked fine other than those two picks (a big "other than" obviously). On the first one even I think Kerley ran the wrong route judging by his reaction afterwards. More concerned with the secondary who was exposed more than usual because of our lack of pass rush.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1585
Location: IU
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:
theJ wrote:
I'd say good game, but it wasn't.

Chin up, Jets are still 4-4, which is better than most probably thought they'd be at the beginning of the year. Geno didn't show much today, but it was just one of those days. I still think the Jets will be in the hunt toward the end of the season.

I thought he looked fine other than those two picks (a big "other than" obviously). On the first one even I think Kerley ran the wrong route judging by his reaction afterwards. More concerned with the secondary who was exposed more than usual because of our lack of pass rush.


I honestly can't remember how often the Jets blitzed today, but do you think that the frequency of how often Ryan likes to blitz will change? The Bengals seemed to protect Dalton very well, even when 5-6 guys were sent. Against good offensive lines, it seems like the Jets may have to sit back in coverage and hope guys in the secondary can make some plays.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47552
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Costello wrote:
Wilkerson, an emerging leader of the team, lit into his teammates at the intermission, imploring them to improve their play.

I just told the guys its not Jets football the way that were playing, Wilkerson said. We have to step up. Unfortunately we didnt get the job done and play Jets football.

_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xenajets


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 1190
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Brian Costello wrote:
Wilkerson, an emerging leader of the team, lit into his teammates at the intermission, imploring them to improve their play.

I just told the guys its not Jets football the way that were playing, Wilkerson said. We have to step up. Unfortunately we didnt get the job done and play Jets football.


I love that quote!! By far my favourite Jet at the moment!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group