Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT: Jets @ Bengals
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Week 8 GDT: Jets @ Bengals Reply with quote

VS

Matchups to watch:

Brian Winters vs. Geno Atkins - Hopefully this doesn't happen frequently, but this is Winters biggest test so far. Winters should get help all day.

Antonio Cromartie vs. AJ Green - Cro isn't Revis, but he's pretty close. Green may be more than any one CB can handle, but Rex is going to try it for a while I think.

New York Jets vs. Next Opponent After a Win - Can they actually win two games in a row.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Bobikus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please win this, Jets. Seriously. Blow them out in a demoralizing and crushing game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are absolutely the 2 biggest matchups this Sunday. I think the Cro vs AJ is the really big one that decides the game though.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy stats concerning the Jets defense:

Yards per Game: 302.6 - 4th
Yards per Passing Attempt: 6.4 - 4th
Sacks: 24 - 3rd
Rushing Yards per Game: 77.7 - 2nd
Yards per Rushing Attempt: 3.1 - 1st
Forced Fumbles: 10 - 4th
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

This is the most amazing IMO.

To do this without an edge rusher is special.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:

This is the most amazing IMO.

To do this without an edge rusher is special.

Yes, although Pace surprisingly has 4 sacks, which is tied for 23rd in the NFL. Antwan Barnes, Garrett McIntyre, and Quinton Coples have also combined for 5 sacks from the edge rusher position. Ricky Sapp has none.

It's just insane how Wilkerson, a 3-4 DE, is 9th in the NFL in sacks. He has 6 sacks through 7 games this year and has 10 sacks in his last 14 games. He has a great chance of being the first Jet with a 10+ sack season since John Abraham in 2005.

Sheldon Richardson also has 2.5 sacks as a rookie 3-4 DE, which is also insane.
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show the trickle-down effect that having talents an offense has to scheme for can have on the rest of a defense.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense is going to have to REALLY keep us in this one because I'm not sure how our offense is going to hold up against that front 7 that Cinci has. Theres no way were going to be able to run the ball, and our pass blocking hasn't exactly been great especially on the left side of the line. Geno has been impressive in spite of some really inconsistant OL play. Should be a good game, but we need to play mistake free to have a chance and I am not sure were there just yet. Bengals are just more talented all around.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Our defense is going to have to REALLY keep us in this one because I'm not sure how our offense is going to hold up against that front 7 that Cinci has. Theres no way were going to be able to run the ball, and our pass blocking hasn't exactly been great especially on the left side of the line. Geno has been impressive in spite of some really inconsistant OL play. Should be a good game, but we need to play mistake free to have a chance and I am not sure were there just yet. Bengals are just more talented all around.

Jets need to win this to help the Steelers have a shot at bouncing back for the division because the Jets would then have a head to head win over the Bengals for a WC spot but they wouldn't have one over the Steelers Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man this is going to be a tough game. Geno is going to have to use his legs a little bit more in this one I feel. Love the way he stepped up in the pocket last week instead of drifting backwards. Really helped his O-line and opened up running lanes.

His legs are big in this one since it's going to be tough to run on them in the traditional sense. No short fields for them.

Props to Mack on the sig
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Cincy has played a D as good as ours. It's time to stamp the seaosn that we have arrived.

Win this game and the playoffs are that much closer.

The only think I expected this year was the QB and D developing. Both have and our D is looking more and more like a force.

The mantra I keep telling my friends is this.. The Jets, We're Coming. That' the moto, not there yet, but we're coming!!!!!!
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
I don't think Cincy has played a D as good as ours. It's time to stamp the seaosn that we have arrived.

No Leon Hall makes their secondary kinda vulnerable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is gonna have to play great to win this game. The Bengals' run D is great just like ours, so both QBs are gonna have to air it out. Winters vs Atkins is a big matchup as well as Cro vs AJ, I think our D has to look for screen plays to Gio Bernard as well. Should be a good game. Hopefully we can win 2 in a row!
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:

No Leon Hall makes their secondary kinda vulnerable.

And its not like they had a great pass defense before that. But we have injuries at receiver so we'll see. It depends on which Geno shows up. I am hoping he can put together back to back good performances and lead them to another win. They can't throw it all on him for that though, they need to get somewhat of a run game and play great defense, don't want to allow the Bengals to score a lot.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thsi is the same Cincy team that lost to Cleveland. I know I know division game, but it not like they are the 85 bears.

Plus I think Rex is a better coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: