Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ben Doesn't Like Wildcat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byerly724 wrote:
Honestly though if I was a quarterback I'd not like it much either. You are open to being hit, and have to play completely out of position. I wouldn't be like Ben and complain if it is only a gimmick play maybe 1-2 plays occasionally.

Now if we for some dumb reason were playing it like the dolphins were, then he'd have every reason to complain.

This is just another case of Ben not being smart with what he says about the team. Starting to think he is more harm than good in the locker room lately.

Actually he didn't move off the line of scrimmage. Chances of something going wrong are slim as Bell has excellent hands. It worked. Bell is a patient runner and made the right read every time. I hope it continues
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell has great hands so that means he's good at anticipating a snap from the shotgun...?
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Doesn't Like Wildcat Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Just another reason to hate Ben. The Wildcat works. It has been working. It has yet to end in a first down, granted sometimes it was run two times in a row.

Quite simply the baby wants the ball and is more self centered than team-oriented. I like that he wants the ball in his hands, but if it works, than it works. Say Peyton Manning for example, his character is one of I want to win more than personal stats and he doesn't care if he has the ball or hands it off 40 times. But when he does have the ball, he makes plays. Make the most of your opportunities -Mike Tomlin. Ben is like I need the ball, I need the ball, and doesn't always make the play. That is a selfish player to always demand the ball and not a team player, which has always been the biggest criticism of Ben in my opinion.

Ben doesn't think they will run a lot more of it. I hate this. Who is running the franchise? The 100M QB or the coaches, GM, and owners. I am so over Ben. No player should ever be "bigger" than the franchise and I know Art Rooney Sr wouldn't tolerate this s*hit

Note: Le'Veon Bell loves how Todd Haley has been using his talents in I-Form, Shotgun, Wildcat, etc. If it works, than it works.

First of all, what's the point of cussing and editing out a word? We can still see what you're saying... which is against the rules - please read this.

Secondly, you're bias against Ben is horrendous here. You put him out to be a baby and a whiner, but that's not the truth. Read this quote from him.

I dont like to go over and just be split out wide and take a chance that a [defensive back] is going to come up, Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan, via ESPN.com. I dont think well see a lot of it.

You make Ben out to be a whiner because the ball isn't in his hand. Reality is, he's afraid to line up as a WR, for he fears having someone take a cheap shot at him and hurt him.

Your bias towards Ben is uncalled for here. He's not trying to be the center of attention what so ever. He's putting it out there that he doesn't mind the idea, but doesn't want it often because he leaves himself vulnerable for injury and does not want that because he knows the team needs him. If the formation was different and he wasn't vulnerable; he wouldn't care.

Since you're trying to compare Ben to Peyton here, let me tell you this. Do you think Peyton Manning would like the Wild Cat if it left him vulnerable as a wide out on the side lines? If your answer is anything but no; you're going to make yourself look like a fool.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Doesn't Like Wildcat Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Just another reason to hate Ben. The Wildcat works. It has been working. It has yet to end in a first down, granted sometimes it was run two times in a row.

Quite simply the baby wants the ball and is more self centered than team-oriented. I like that he wants the ball in his hands, but if it works, than it works. Say Peyton Manning for example, his character is one of I want to win more than personal stats and he doesn't care if he has the ball or hands it off 40 times. But when he does have the ball, he makes plays. Make the most of your opportunities -Mike Tomlin. Ben is like I need the ball, I need the ball, and doesn't always make the play. That is a selfish player to always demand the ball and not a team player, which has always been the biggest criticism of Ben in my opinion.

Ben doesn't think they will run a lot more of it. I hate this. Who is running the franchise? The 100M QB or the coaches, GM, and owners. I am so over Ben. No player should ever be "bigger" than the franchise and I know Art Rooney Sr wouldn't tolerate this s*hit

Note: Le'Veon Bell loves how Todd Haley has been using his talents in I-Form, Shotgun, Wildcat, etc. If it works, than it works.

First of all, what's the point of cussing and editing out a word? We can still see what you're saying... which is against the rules - please read this.

Secondly, you're bias against Ben is horrendous here. You put him out to be a baby and a whiner, but that's not the truth. Read this quote from him.

I dont like to go over and just be split out wide and take a chance that a [defensive back] is going to come up, Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan, via ESPN.com. I dont think well see a lot of it.

You make Ben out to be a whiner because the ball isn't in his hand. Reality is, he's afraid to line up as a WR, for he fears having someone take a cheap shot at him and hurt him.

Your bias towards Ben is uncalled for here. He's not trying to be the center of attention what so ever. He's putting it out there that he doesn't mind the idea, but doesn't want it often because he leaves himself vulnerable for injury and does not want that because he knows the team needs him. If the formation was different and he wasn't vulnerable; he wouldn't care.

Since you're trying to compare Ben to Peyton here, let me tell you this. Do you think Peyton Manning would like the Wild Cat if it left him vulnerable as a wide out on the side lines? If your answer is anything but no; you're going to make yourself look like a fool.

I'm only addressing the injury issue you brought up. When QBs lead others into taking big hits, do those guys openly criticize or bring that issue up? It is a team Effort and he should be more of a leader and support any plays that are gaining yards.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Doesn't Like Wildcat Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
I'm only addressing the injury issue you brought up. When QBs lead others into taking big hits, do those guys openly criticize or bring that issue up? It is a team Effort and he should be more of a leader and support any plays that are gaining yards.

That is dumb. The importance of a quality quarterback is by far the most important in the NFL and by far the hardest to replace. Ask half the NFL teams dealing with back-ups.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
32houchen32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why take a chance on ben getting hit more then he normally does? do you really trust grad as our qb??? the steelers don't have the ppl to run it like the seahawks, redskins, 9ers, and panthers. yes it did some nice things. but ben is no newton in terms of a runner.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268782/article/big-ben-i-get-tired-playing-receiver-in-steelers-wildcat

Quote:
"It's not that I don't like it," Roethlisberger said Tuesday on his radio show, per SteelCityInsider.net. "If it helps us win, I'm all for it. I just told coach I get actually physically tired running out to wide receiver all the time."

This is such an asinine thread coming from a poster known for threads like these. I'm sorry, but my blood boils when people take Ben for granted in the way that you do. Then we have 3rivers topping it off by telling us why we need to jettison the franchise because we have the new Franco after one good game.

You have the nerve to take Ben out of context without any trace of a link. Then you take a sample size of 18 yards to push across the idea that the wildcat works for us. Okay.
And then you use that to justify why Ben's a baby and compare his attitude to a QB (Manning) whose offense doesn't even incorporate the wildcat.

Keep taking L's, ororke.

Last edited by GreasyApples on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Chris is just a plain troll, to be honest. The stuff he's saying doesn't even begin to make sense.

But it's even funnier that he uses Manning as an example. In the Cowboys game they called on him to take the snap and position the ball on the hashmark for the FG. Not only was he complaining about it on the sidelines, but after he was almost touched on the play by a defender he once again looked at the sidelines and made gestures. In other words, he completely showed his coach up. But he's Peyton Manning. People don't question what he does.

Or how about Manning calling off the punt team on Dungy that one time? Perfect, selfless team player that guy is...
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Doesn't Like Wildcat Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Just another reason to hate Ben.

and if you can't find a reason, you'll make one up

chrisororke wrote:
The Wildcat works.

no, it doesn't. that's why it lasted all of 1/2 of a season with Miami a few years ago.

chrisororke wrote:
It has been working.

really? It's been working...for whom? Us?

chrisororke wrote:
It has yet to end in a first down

wait, I thought it was working?

chrisororke wrote:
Quite simply the baby wants the ball and is more self centered than team-oriented.

did Ben steal your girlfriend or something?

chrisororke wrote:
Say Peyton Manning for example, his character is one of I want to win more than personal stats and he doesn't care if he has the ball or hands it off 40 times.

riiiiiight. now this is some irony.

chrisororke wrote:
am so over Ben.

do tell?

chrisororke wrote:
No player should ever be "bigger" than the franchise and I know Art Rooney Sr wouldn't tolerate this s*hit

tolerate what s$hit? Chief was about as laid back and mellow as anyone in history. Hell, it wasn't until his sons started taking over that the Steelers started to win because they made tough decisions.

I assume you were thinking of somebody else?

chrisororke wrote:

yes, and Haley is obviously using Ben's talents in the wildcat, so I can see how that is a logical comparison.

oh wait...
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ben Doesn't Like Wildcat Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:

Yeah, Ben ran this franchise, but I thin they had enough. His buddy colon is gone finally and now they have a real RB and are geting results with creative playcalling. If ben keeps crying, It would be tempting to do something if he is in fact holding the franchise back. that O game plan was great last week, and now he complains? If ben gets hurt, the team might do well without him and of course pouncey.

if you honestly think the team is better off without Ben, please go stand in the corner with ororke. We'll bring a dunce hat out for you after you wipe the drool off your chin.

3rivers wrote:
In short, just sick of the rich players thinking they can have say in how things are done.

then don't pay attention to any sport, because every superstar in every sport does it. Teams do best when they tailor their teams for their best players

3rivers wrote:
Just execute what the coaches plan

our offensive line and blocking scheme
Ziggy Hood in a 3-4
Larry Foote in coverage
James Harrison in coverage
William Gay covering tall, fast WRs
Ziggy Hood instead of Cam Heyward
Willie Colon at LG
RB rotation between a bunch of talentless schmucks
Mike Adams left to block Jared Allen on his own all game
Jonathan Scott is our franchise LT
Cotchery on an end around while Markus Wheaton, Emmanuel Sanders, and Antonio Brown block for him

seriously? Are you REALLY going there man???
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I'm pretty sure Chris is just a plain troll, to be honest. The stuff he's saying doesn't even begin to make sense.

But it's even funnier that he uses Manning as an example. In the Cowboys game they called on him to take the snap and position the ball on the hashmark for the FG. Not only was he complaining about it on the sidelines, but after he was almost touched on the play by a defender he once again looked at the sidelines and made gestures. In other words, he completely showed his coach up. But he's Peyton Manning. People don't question what he does.

Or how about Manning calling off the punt team on Dungy that one time? Perfect, selfless team player that guy is...

yeah, or Manning throwing a tantrum on the sidelines and having his OL tell him to calm down, or Manning and his "protection issues", or blaming Reggie Wayne when Manning walked up to the LoS against the Saints, staring Wayne down almost from the huddle, or anytime Manning has someone breathe on him, or how Manning goes down untouched if there is even a hint of pressure?

Yeah. Great example. Gotta consider the source though.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am I the only one a bit concerned our 20M QB gets winded sprinting out to the WR position a few times a game?

Don't get me wrong, I'll defend BB over most people, but comeon man, get in a bit* better shape.
Shocked
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
am I the only one a bit concerned our 20M QB gets winded sprinting out to the WR position a few times a game?

Don't get me wrong, I'll defend BB over most people, but comeon man, get in a bit* better shape.
Shocked

ah, i thought he was basically just backtracking
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:

Shocked

This is what I was thinking. The Steelers used it 2x's in each half. If he's getting tired running 10 yds laterally there might be a bigger problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:

Shocked

I noticed that as well. Can't really be what he meant to convey, can it? That seems just beyond puny if that's actually what he meant.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: