Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 News & Discussion Threadô [Vol. 2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, from 2009 to 2011, Maclin had more snaps per game (on average) than Desean Jackson. Must have doctored the statistics, dude's always hurts!

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's 2009-2013 looking?

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
FWIW, from 2009 to 2011, Maclin had more snaps per game (on average) than Desean Jackson. Must have doctored the statistics, dude's always hurts!

So you ignore a year and forget that Desean's injuries were mostly all concussions from dirty hits. This isn't Madden. Having Maclin somewhat helps our offense, but it isn't worth the cost at all. And I don't like people speaking for me, I never said anything about Nicks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone saying Maclin cant go across the middle, remember the game last year Nick Foles threw it to Maclin for 15 catches, almost all of which were over the middle.

I almost think that Macln's best fit is in the middle as a zone-buster with YAC abilities because his weaknesses are kind of exposed on the perimeter as he isn't all that explosive. He is very dependable to make the routine catches and create just a little space and has much more ability after the catch than Avant.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
Phire wrote:

So you ignore a year and forget that Desean's injuries were mostly all concussions from dirty hits. This isn't Madden. Having Maclin somewhat helps our offense, but it isn't worth the cost at all. And I don't like people speaking for me, I never said anything about Nicks.

How much are you expecting a "prove-it" deal to cost?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
^ Because in some peoples minds they still hold a grudge that he (like others) was the pick.

Maclin- Nicks
Graham- JPP

When in fact both of those other players have shown to be just as injury prone if not more and even less productive over the year. Some agenda's can't be let go of.

I remember lurking and reading the Kenny Britt arguments. Had a lot of fun reading those.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't expect Maclin will accept a short 'prove it' deal with the dearth of decent receivers around and the surplus of teams needing a decent receiver.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
I really don't expect Maclin will accept a short 'prove it' deal with the dearth of decent receivers around and the surplus of teams needing a decent receiver.

He likes Philly. And in Chips offense he should be able to produce huge numbers and in 2015 (which shouldn't have an absolutely stacked WR draft) he can get his huge money.

And haven't 25% of DeSeans snaps or production come from the slot this year? I think rotating Riley, DeSean & Maclin in the Slot would be a non issue.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

He likes Philly. And in Chips offense he should be able to produce huge numbers and in 2015 (which shouldn't have an absolutely stacked WR draft) he can get his huge money.

And haven't 25% of DeSeans snaps or production come from the slot this year? I think rotating Riley, DeSean & Maclin in the Slot would be a non issue.

That's the point I've been trying to make. This is not Andy Reid's X, Y,Z you're stuck in one position type offense. Chip requires them all to learn and play every WR position on the field. If Desean Jackson who's maybe a buck 70 soaking wet and let's be honest avoids contact as he should. Surely the thicker 205lb Maclin can do the same.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, pretty average WR's get paid 5 mil a year like it is no big deal all the time. If Maclin was a first round pick, and he is still viewed as a very talneted WR, why wouldn't a team who absolutely needs a wr take a chance on him? He would be less risky then a draft pick, and if a team pays him 6 mil a year he wouldn't cost much more then one either.

You guys think he takes a discount to come back here, I think he takes a raise and goes home to STL. Or he goes to another contender in need of WRs like Carolina.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Guys, pretty average WR's get paid 5 mil a year like it is no big deal all the time. If Maclin was a first round pick, and he is still viewed as a very talneted WR, why wouldn't a team who absolutely needs a wr take a chance on him? He would be less risky then a draft pick, and if a team pays him 6 mil a year he wouldn't cost much more then one either.

You guys think he takes a discount to come back here, I think he takes a raise and goes home to STL. Or he goes to another contender in need of WRs like Carolina.

I think Howie as usual works his magic , gives Maclin a decent to above average deal with plenty of incentives while protecting the club from injury. All they ever talked about was his character and work ethic the entire offseason. If he checks out medically, he will be a Eagle IMO. It's not like we are deep at the posistion here guys let get real.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/
stevec0008

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

I think Howie as usual works his magic , gives Maclin a decent to above average deal with plenty of incentives while protecting the club from injury. All they ever talked about was his character and work ethic the entire offseason. If he checks out medically, he will be a Eagle IMO. It's not like we are deep at the posistion here guys let get real.

If Maclin has his way with it, I think he wants to be back here. He knows his teammates, and I see him all the time on social media talking to reporters and fans about how he'll be back, and can't wait to play in this system.

I mean, clearly he is saying the right things, guess we'll all have to see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

If Maclin has his way with it, I think he wants to be back here. He knows his teammates, and I see him all the time on social media talking to reporters and fans about how he'll be back, and can't wait to play in this system.

Take #TeamMariota out of the text below your avatar pls
stevec0008

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireC wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Take #TeamMariota out of the text below your avatar pls

I do as I please....It was post Dallas game panic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

AZ knows what's up. Maclin is going to want to get the going rate for a starting receiver.

Given Chip's offense is WR friendly, what's the point of spending $6m+ on someone when we could draft someone or sign a less well known free agent for a fraction of the price.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 83 of 99

Jump to: