Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFF Ranks Both Redskins "Starting" DEs as Bottom 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: PFF Ranks Both Redskins "Starting" DEs as Bottom 5 Reply with quote

The topic is being discussed here in NFL General

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=531650

Both Stephen Bowen and Kedric Golston are ranked in the bottom 5 of 3-4 DEs in the NFL as far as performance this season. BOTH OF THEM. I know PFF isn't the football bible, but I do think it can show in general who's performing well or poorlly. To me, this shows how important it is for us to upgrade this position in the offseason. I see this as our team's #1 need going into next season.

Also, London Fletcher is ranked in the bottom 5 as well putting 3 of our front 7 near the bottom of the league in performance.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golston is our 3rd string Dlineman, so yeah I would expect him to be toward the bottom. Fletcher is 100 years old and showed decline last year, so I would also expect him to be toward the bottom. Bowen is the surprise to me. He needs to step his game up!!! I dont care about him getting sacks, but he does need to dominate in the run game!!!

I totally agree D line is a huge area we need to up grade...much more than WR!!! The draft sadly is probably not where we need to focus!! ILB is a must in the first 3 rounds...I have advicated in previous posts that I hope we move up into the second round with our 3rd and 4th pick!! Those two 2nd round picks need to be an ILB and a CB. Yawin Smallwood and Kyle Fuller would be my picks. I hope we can add Dline depth in FA esp if Carriker is finished as a Redskin!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Golston is our 3rd string Dlineman, so yeah I would expect him to be toward the bottom. Fletcher is 100 years old and showed decline last year, so I would also expect him to be toward the bottom. Bowen is the surprise to me. He needs to step his game up!!! I dont care about him getting sacks, but he does need to dominate in the run game!!!

I totally agree D line is a huge area we need to up grade...much more than WR!!! The draft sadly is probably not where we need to focus!! ILB is a must in the first 3 rounds...I have advicated in previous posts that I hope we move up into the second round with our 3rd and 4th pick!! Those two 2nd round picks need to be an ILB and a CB. Yawin Smallwood and Kyle Fuller would be my picks. I hope we can add Dline depth in FA esp if Carriker is finished as a Redskin!
Considering Carriker's uncertain health status, the fact that Jarvis Jenkins is both unproven and 1 screw up away from a year long suspension you're looking at Golston as the starter right now. Also, Jenkins still hasn't cracked the starting lineup after returning from suspension. Chris Baker is the only other DE on the roster. We don't have a starting caliber DE on the roster right now.

Redskins FFMD War Room
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think D-line has moved into #1 need position, Draft, F A..
I still want Rak as R E and Jackson right OLB
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also if you notice London Fletcher is in the bottom 5 as well at ILB.

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:

and Bowen was bottom 5 BEFORE her tore his PCL..
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:

and Bowen was bottom 5 BEFORE her tore his PCL..

He honestly hasn't looked the same since the first injury back in 2011. I wouldn't say its affected him completely, but he doesn't have the same burst as he did before

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

Also, I'd like to point out how there will be a lot more options in free agency for CBs than DEs. Teams just don't let quality defensive lineman leave, they are too valuable. If we want to find a new starter at DE we will have to draft one, most likely in the 2nd round.

Redskins FFMD War Room
Dro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been saying our defensive line was avg at best.. hell they look even worse than i thought... bout that time to draft DL.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Need an ILB Reply with quote

I think our biggest weakness right now ( and we have alot including Center where Montgomery is HORRIBLE, safety, DE) is inside linebacker. Robinson's injury may be the biggest injury we've sustained up to this point. Fletcher was a above average player a few years ago but he really is embarrassing himself now. It seems like Haslett has to be more aggressive putting Barnett in and not just waiting for London to take himself out. London is an old beaten down warrior with the a huge heart and his coach is hurting the team by having him play so much.

For the draft we need the best players available at ILB, interior o-line, and DE. I know everyone has been saying secondary, but I have a lot of confidence we have talent there that is young and can be developed, but not sure our DB coach is any good. Morris, has always been way over rated in my book.

Lastly, someone should lose their job for drafting that fat lazy Lerib with a third. Looks and acts more like John Belushi than a pro player.
Dro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should just take a flyer on Jay Ratliff if he passes a physical.. We have 2 bottom 5 guys in the NFL.. At least we have a chance of him being better and snagging a better player.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
We should just take a flyer on Jay Ratliff if he passes a physical.. We have 2 bottom 5 guys in the NFL.. At least we have a chance of him being better and snagging a better player.

He's a nose tackle right -- so we move Cofield to end ?
Dro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Dro wrote:

you could actually play Ratliff at End imo hes a good pass rusher..
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Dro wrote:

you could actually play Ratliff at End imo hes a good pass rusher..
I know we desperately need DE help, but Ratliff is Haynesworth 2.0. He's just trying to get another contract signed he has no intention of helping any team competitively. We don't need someone like that on our team.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just cut them and then take the 5 million in dead money for cutting Bowen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: