Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teddy Bridgewater- Future Jag?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one got arrested.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
green24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
No one got arrested.

Shh.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anything, arrest the Bucs for trying to out tank us, despite the talent they have on their squad. Evil or Very Mad
Luke1592

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So close to getting Teddy.
haggis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes..Jags have to look at a signal caller. Gabbert isn't it
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this kid. Everything about him screams elite QB at the next level to me. His mechanics, ball placement, accuracy, understanding of progressions at the level he's at right now and his reads at the LOS are all amazing. The type of numbers he's putting up in college in a West Coast offense is crazy, regardless of the competition. Not to mention the kid has poise and toughness in the pocket beyond his years. And his attitude is great. And on top of all that he's mobile.

It sucks he gets somewhat underrated by the media (ESPN) because he plays for Louisville. I swear if he played for Stanford or FSU he'd be just as big as Jameis and Luck. But that in itself is a great thing since he doesn't care about his personal achievements as much as team achievements.

I swear if we have this kid under center throwing to Blackmon, CSIII, Mack Brown, and Ace Sanders with a fixed, young O-Line protecting him we'd immediately jump up to rivaling the Colts for the best offense in the AFC South.

I'll be so disappointed if the freaking Bucs end up with the first pick just because of Schiano's incompetence when we're clearly the worst team in the league. Having Luck and Bridgwater in the same division for the next 10 years would be biblical.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
I love this kid. Everything about him screams elite QB at the next level to me. His mechanics, ball placement, accuracy, understanding of progressions at the level he's at right now and his reads at the LOS are all amazing. The type of numbers he's putting up in college in a West Coast offense is crazy, regardless of the competition. Not to mention the kid has poise and toughness in the pocket beyond his years. And his attitude is great. And on top of all that he's mobile.

It sucks he gets somewhat underrated by the media (ESPN) because he plays for Louisville. I swear if he played for Stanford or FSU he'd be just as big as Jameis and Luck. But that in itself is a great thing since he doesn't care about his personal achievements as much as team achievements.

I swear if we have this kid under center throwing to Blackmon, CSIII, Mack Brown, and Ace Sanders with a fixed, young O-Line protecting him we'd immediately jump up to rivaling the Colts for the best offense in the AFC South.

I'll be so disappointed if the freaking Bucs end up with the first pick just because of Schiano's incompetence when we're clearly the worst team in the league. Having Luck and Bridgwater in the same division for the next 10 years would be biblical.

Jags are going to be 8-8 next year with Bridgewater, maybe compete for a playoff spot
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what I think. I can see us going 8-8 or 9-7 and just barely missing the playoffs. Then we finally draft a first round LEO and we should be set to seriously compete come the 2015 season. Gus should have the defense humming by then.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiseman101 wrote:

Jags are going to be 8-8 next year with Bridgewater, maybe compete for a playoff spot

Vino wrote:
That's exactly what I think. I can see us going 8-8 or 9-7 and just barely missing the playoffs. Then we finally draft a first round LEO and we should be set to seriously compete come the 2015 season. Gus should have the defense humming by then.

CALM DOWN THERE! It is statements like these that lead to disappointment down the line. This defense might take some real time to reach anything close to "humming" status. It is not just a LEO that is missing. As for the offense, unless Bridgewater is Luck in terms of his overall ability to not really have the normal learning curve of 99% of rookie QBs, he will need a running game, and that is not a lock to be the case. Even if he does have a running game, this offense will still need work as a whole.
wiseman101

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
wiseman101 wrote:

Vino wrote:

CALM DOWN THERE! It is statements like these that lead to disappointment down the line. This defense might take some real time to reach anything close to "humming" status. It is not just a LEO that is missing. As for the offense, unless Bridgewater is Luck in terms of his overall ability to not really have the normal learning curve of 99% of rookie QBs, he will need a running game, and that is not a lock to be the case. Even if he does have a running game, this offense will still need work as a whole.

Just wait and see
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot can happen from now til the draft, but I hate the SOS thing in our shoes, with having the AFC West we have both the Chiefs and Broncos who need to lose to help us and I don't see that happening much at all. Just have to hope the Raiders/Chargers suck from here on out and the Texans/Titans don't do to well the rest of the way either, because the Colts/Broncos/Chiefs are all likely going to be in that 11+ win range.

Bucs are going to have to get a win more than us imo.

#CYPSQUAD
Vino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:

The things we're missing on offense is a running game, QB, and reliable O-Line. With Blackmon, we easily have the best receiving core in the AFC South. We can fix all of those problems in the draft if we get Bridgewater and hit on a RB in the third or fourth round. Our secondary is decent and if the defense weren't put out on the field every 2 minutes the front 7 would probably do a little better. I see no reason why we couldn't go 8-8 next year if we were to get Bridgewater, drafted a C and OG, and hit on a RB.

And I'm pretty confident Bridgewater will have no learning curve. He's just as ready for the NFL as Luck was. His games literally translates directly to the NFL and our system which isn't the case for most QBs out of college.

.Buzz wrote:
A lot can happen from now til the draft, but I hate the SOS thing in our shoes, with having the AFC West we have both the Chiefs and Broncos who need to lose to help us and I don't see that happening much at all. Just have to hope the Raiders/Chargers suck from here on out and the Texans/Titans don't do to well the rest of the way either, because the Colts/Broncos/Chiefs are all likely going to be in that 11+ win range.

Our best chance for the Bucs winning a game is their next two at home against Miami who is going through all kinds of scandal right now and sucked before that anyway and against the Bills.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:

The things we're missing on offense is a running game, QB, and reliable O-Line. With Blackmon, we easily have the best receiving core in the AFC South. We can fix all of those problems in the draft if we get Bridgewater and hit on a RB in the third or fourth round. Our secondary is decent and if the defense weren't put out on the field every 2 minutes the front 7 would probably do a little better. I see no reason why we couldn't go 8-8 next year if we were to get Bridgewater, drafted a C and OG, and hit on a RB.

And I'm pretty confident Bridgewater will have no learning curve. He's just as ready for the NFL as Luck was. His games literally translates directly to the NFL and our system which isn't the case for most QBs out of college.
If this was 2 or 3 years ago, I would swear I was the one who said this. Over those years I have come to realize that success in the NFL is a lot harder to achieve than you might think. First of all, this might sound crazy, but hitting on the 3rd-4th round RB to the point that this running game is 'fixed' is not going to be easy. Throw in the fact that next year, the OL for the most part will be working together for the first time ('rookie LT, likely a new C, maybe a new RT and even perhaps a new OG somewhere) and you have to sense it might take a few weeks to really get this running game remotely started, and it could take even longer. Then you have to note, at least these last two games, it was more of the defense not being able to stop the run and get off the field that made the offense sputter and struggle as much as it did. Unless the run stopping improves next year, this team could be loaded on offense, it won't have the ball all that often.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

.Buzz wrote:

Our best chance for the Bucs winning a game is their next two at home against Miami who is going through all kinds of scandal right now and sucked before that anyway and against the Bills.

It's possible they could steal one of those, but I think that Seattle game was more like us vs Denver, they had nothing to lose and got told all week they didn't stand a chance and it'd be a blowout. I really hope they can win 2, because I'm still not at that point where I think we go winless when our schedule weakens considerably from here on out.

#CYPSQUAD
wiseman101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:

If this was 2 or 3 years ago, I would swear I was the one who said this. Over those years I have come to realize that success in the NFL is a lot harder to achieve than you might think. First of all, this might sound crazy, but hitting on the 3rd-4th round RB to the point that this running game is 'fixed' is not going to be easy. Throw in the fact that next year, the OL for the most part will be working together for the first time ('rookie LT, likely a new C, maybe a new RT and even perhaps a new OG somewhere) and you have to sense it might take a few weeks to really get this running game remotely started, and it could take even longer. Then you have to note, at least these last two games, it was more of the defense not being able to stop the run and get off the field that made the offense sputter and struggle as much as it did. Unless the run stopping improves next year, this team could be loaded on offense, it won't have the ball all that often.

You'll be surprised what good qb can do for a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: