Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teddy Bridgewater- Future Jag?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3316
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
LOL, you guys are either too lazy or stupid to look up the comparisons between Bridgewater and Smith from last year, or you've done it and realize that everything I said was true. So you go to your hole card which is personal insult answers that don't address the question in any way.


The main thing is that personally, i really didn't like Geno Smith as a prospect. At all. Some folks saw that one game with Smith last year where he broke all the records and passed for a million yards and flipped their lids, started mocking him as a potential top pick and it was basically ridiculous from the start.

On the other hand, i adore Teddy Bridgewater...Because they are radically different in terms of their actual play on the field and stuff. You know, when it comes to actually playing the game of football. Little things like that. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45566
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I mean aside from addressing the points before, which you always conveniently ignore or tell people to "get a life" for taking the time to actually break down film to show you how you're wrong, and then you still ignore it, yeah, I'm sure we don't address the points. Because, you know, you ignore them when they are addressed.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Smith is the same size as Bridgewater, same athletic numbers, same arm, better production a year ago through his first five or six games than Bridgewater. Against better competition. Neither of them as good a raw prospect coming out of college as Gabbert was. Caldwell would pass on Bridgewater for the same reasons he passed (twice) on Smith last year.


I will play along with this for the hell of it.

Bridgewater: 6'3 196
Smith: 6'2 221

Those two are the same size just as much as Gabbert and Josh Freeman are the same size

Let's now even suppose "athletic numbers" and "arm" are the same for both of them.

From a production standpoint, looking strictly at the "major" numbers through 8 games:


YDS CMP% TD INT
Bridgewater: 2557 73.7 23 2
Smith: 2677 71.9 29 3

Now let us consider some things before further assessment of the numbers. Geno ran the "air raid" offense and had 2 extremely dynamic NFL-caliber wide receivers. Bridgewater is running a much more pro-style offense with worse talent at WR (certainly less talented with respect to collegiate football). Everything considered, I think Bridgewater's numbers this year slightly edge out Smith's, but then again it is not numbers that really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I will agree neither one is the raw prospect that Gabbert was, but that is not a bad thing. I would rather have a guy with the same (or higher) ceiling but who is already farther along and more polished.

To conclude, do you really know why Caldwell passed on Geno? You really neglect to address the accuracy issues of Geno and just about every 'mental' aspect of being a QB. By all indications, Bridgewater surpasses Geno in all those aspects, and it is not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45566
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this week's episode of Teddy Watch, Teddy follows Mark Brunell on Twitter.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luke1592


Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 923
Location: Aus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45566
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Not house shopping. He's from Florida and has the week off. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is from Tampa, so that's why they are there. They've been all over Florida this week. He was in Orlando today.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luke1592


Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 923
Location: Aus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Not house shopping. He's from Florida and has the week off. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is from Tampa, so that's why they are there. They've been all over Florida this week. He was in Orlando today.


If he doesn't stop in Jacksonville it could be a sign that Tampa told him they are all in to get him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Not house shopping. He's from Florida and has the week off. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is from Tampa, so that's why they are there. They've been all over Florida this week. He was in Orlando today.


If he doesn't stop in Jacksonville it could be a sign that Tampa told him they are all in to get him.

Who exactly would tell him that? Greg Schiano? Someone else that is going to be fired? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45566
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Not house shopping. He's from Florida and has the week off. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is from Tampa, so that's why they are there. They've been all over Florida this week. He was in Orlando today.


If he doesn't stop in Jacksonville it could be a sign that Tampa told him they are all in to get him.

Who exactly would tell him that? Greg Schiano? Someone else that is going to be fired? Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Or, you know, it could just be a sign that he's visiting friends and family on his week off. You know, what normal people do.

If he was under the impression he was going to be a Buc, you'd think he'd be following old Bucs QBs and current Bucs receivers, not Jaguars. Not that him following the players means anything other than it contradicts the idea that some people have that "no one like Teddy would want to play for the Jags. He's gonna stay another year so he doesn't have to play for that team." He quite clearly has no issue with the franchise, past and present.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luke1592


Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 923
Location: Aus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Not house shopping. He's from Florida and has the week off. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is from Tampa, so that's why they are there. They've been all over Florida this week. He was in Orlando today.


If he doesn't stop in Jacksonville it could be a sign that Tampa told him they are all in to get him.

Who exactly would tell him that? Greg Schiano? Someone else that is going to be fired? Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Or, you know, it could just be a sign that he's visiting friends and family on his week off. You know, what normal people do.

If he was under the impression he was going to be a Buc, you'd think he'd be following old Bucs QBs and current Bucs receivers, not Jaguars. Not that him following the players means anything other than it contradicts the idea that some people have that "no one like Teddy would want to play for the Jags. He's gonna stay another year so he doesn't have to play for that team." He quite clearly has no issue with the franchise, past and present.


Maybe he just found out Tampa has the first pick right now. Or they just told him they are tanking for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45566
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Not house shopping. He's from Florida and has the week off. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is from Tampa, so that's why they are there. They've been all over Florida this week. He was in Orlando today.


If he doesn't stop in Jacksonville it could be a sign that Tampa told him they are all in to get him.

Who exactly would tell him that? Greg Schiano? Someone else that is going to be fired? Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Or, you know, it could just be a sign that he's visiting friends and family on his week off. You know, what normal people do.

If he was under the impression he was going to be a Buc, you'd think he'd be following old Bucs QBs and current Bucs receivers, not Jaguars. Not that him following the players means anything other than it contradicts the idea that some people have that "no one like Teddy would want to play for the Jags. He's gonna stay another year so he doesn't have to play for that team." He quite clearly has no issue with the franchise, past and present.


Maybe he just found out Tampa has the first pick right now. Or they just told him they are tanking for him.
They have the first pick by .001 SOS.

And again, who told him? The people that are set to be fired? You really think Greg Schiano is going to tank his way into losing his only opportunity at a head coaching gig?
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luke1592


Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 923
Location: Aus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
Teddy's looking at houses in Tampa https://mobile.twitter.com/teddyb_h2o/status/396260465178726400/photos
Not house shopping. He's from Florida and has the week off. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is from Tampa, so that's why they are there. They've been all over Florida this week. He was in Orlando today.


If he doesn't stop in Jacksonville it could be a sign that Tampa told him they are all in to get him.

Who exactly would tell him that? Greg Schiano? Someone else that is going to be fired? Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Or, you know, it could just be a sign that he's visiting friends and family on his week off. You know, what normal people do.

If he was under the impression he was going to be a Buc, you'd think he'd be following old Bucs QBs and current Bucs receivers, not Jaguars. Not that him following the players means anything other than it contradicts the idea that some people have that "no one like Teddy would want to play for the Jags. He's gonna stay another year so he doesn't have to play for that team." He quite clearly has no issue with the franchise, past and present.


Maybe he just found out Tampa has the first pick right now. Or they just told him they are tanking for him.
They have the first pick by .001 SOS.

And again, who told him? The people that are set to be fired? You really think Greg Schiano is going to tank his way into losing his only opportunity at a head coaching gig?


Who said Schiano knows about the tank? All the Leaks that lead to Freeman getting cut would of come from higher ups and without Freeman there chances of winning go out the door.

I hope that its not true because i want to see Bridgewater go to Jacksonville.

Hopefully when they fire Schiano they can win a game, But the more realistic thing is the higher ups are looking at the future and the future is tanking to get Bridgewater instead of trying to win 1-2 games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45566
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. I hope you know how blatantly ridiculous you seem.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41829
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your tank is incredible, you make my Cavs proud!
_________________
El ramster wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Dude's been here for 8 years and doesn't know that his avi is too big? Not talking


You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83196
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Your tank is incredible, you make my Cavs proud!


We are so all-in for the tank we tell our players to get arrested on bye weeks
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group