Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

locker NFLs most improved player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanJo33

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: locker NFLs most improved player Reply with quote

There for awhile I though locker might not be cut out for the Nfl and he's taken a lot of flak and for being a lackluster QB ... This year there's been a lot of pressure on him , his job was on the line and he's shined so far, the game is slowing down for him and I think we're just scratching the surface of his potential... His character is of the charts and it's really good to see a guy like him and all he's been thru as a Titan and all the negative stuff said about him to come back and play like a strait up boss with no run game.. So you tell me who can you think of that's more improved than locker this year ??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if hes the most but deffinetly up there . you have guys like julious thomas and Phillip rivers that are playing at a very high level. Jake in the first four weeks looked like he could have been towards the very top of that list... He looked comfortable, had zip on th ball, he was more accurate, didn't have a turnover, ran when he had too and showed true leadership for the team. We were 3-1 and were a few plays away from 4-0 , I had the confidence in jake that I haven't had since McNair ( honest), but just a few weeks later I'm not feeling the same. I'm not worried about last week, he showed leadership and played alright , what I'm worried about is the injury... We were on a roll and were playing at a very high level defensively and just lit up the jets defense in the first half before locker went out. We have now lost 3 straight games and two were @home. If locker stays healthy and continues to play at the level he has this year he can lead this team to a 9-7 or 10-6 team and if bud has any say up there that might be enough to slip in the playoffs.However if the injury is nagging or mentally he doesn't get back into the groove this is could be a very disappointing season and a mid draft pick will be waiting. So to answer your question right now I would say top 5 but not the most. I think I would be saying yes if he never went out with an injury.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jake keeps his stats up wins games an gets the Titans to the playoffs then Locker is very much in the voting for comeback player of the year. Rivers has always had good numbers despite the wins so I don't see him as a candidate. Julius Thomas is a possibility but the guy who voters could gush over is an Alex Smith or Jamaal Charles.

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake isn't coming back from anything, though. Players who win "Comeback PLayer of the Year" are guys who were really good, then got hurt/sucked for a while, then returned to playing at a high level.

Jake wasn't ever that good. He's that dude now, though!!!!

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Jake isn't coming back from anything, though. Players who win "Comeback PLayer of the Year" are guys who were really good, then got hurt/sucked for a while, then returned to playing at a high level.

He said most improved, not CPOT....
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come player of the year doesn't have to be a hurt guy it can just be someone who had a crappy season an Locker had both and Alex Smith was benched an it's up to sports writers not an nfl.com pole for fans

Sig by daboyle250

lamont

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering most pundits had him as the worse QB in the league preseason or next to worse with gabbert being the basement. He has shattered the expectations for most improved. If he keeps his turnovers low and projecting out his current 8/1 TD to interception ratio he will have to be in the discussion. The media will find some way to give it to slough or fivehead. Rolling Eyes Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Come player of the year doesn't have to be a hurt guy it can just be someone who had a crappy season an Locker had both and Alex Smith was benched an it's up to sports writers not an nfl.com pole for fans

Dude. Locker is your adopt a Titan. You are supposed to be starting this type of thread and beating the drum for post season awards. Shocked

Wink Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

I was responding to 617's post...should've quoted it my bad

titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does a "Most Improved Player" award even exist? I don't ever remember hearing that. I know there is a Comeback Player of the Year, but I agree with dee - Locker was never there to begin with.

Aside from all that, yes - he's looking like the most improved to me. I can't think of another player who made a more noticeable leap from below average to very good - both in performance and public perception.

Congrats, Seahawk fans!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

I was responding to 617's post...should've quoted it my bad

Gotcha. Should've read everyone's post. Laughing
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Does a "Most Improved Player" award even exist? I don't ever remember hearing that. I know there is a Comeback Player of the Year, but I agree with dee - Locker was never there to begin with.

Aside from all that, yes - he's looking like the most improved to me. I can't think of another player who made a more noticeable leap from below average to very good - both in performance and public perception.

and if you really think about it, all it took was this:

seriously. everything changed forever. I don't like Drake but...nothing was the same.

titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm not even sure Locker is our most improved player. Don't get me wrong, Jake looks like a totally different guy than he was after the injury last year. Still missing the occasional guy, but his decision-making has been strong and his accuracy has really taken a step in the right direction.

But from last year to this year, I'll say Michael Griffin has improved more than anybody else in the league. It's incredible.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Honestly, I'm not even sure Locker is our most improved player. Don't get me wrong, Jake looks like a totally different guy than he was after the injury last year. Still missing the occasional guy, but his decision-making has been strong and his accuracy has really taken a step in the right direction.

But from last year to this year, I'll say Michael Griffin has improved more than anybody else in the league. It's incredible.

I disagree in the sense that Locker has won us games. Griffin helped but not to the degree Locker has. If Griffin doesnt play vs St Louis we'll still probably win we have already scene how it looks when Locker doesnt play.

Sig by daboyle250

titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I disagree in the sense that Locker has won us games. Griffin helped but not to the degree Locker has. If Griffin doesnt play vs St Louis we'll still probably win we have already scene how it looks when Locker doesnt play.
I'm not saying Griffin is more important than Locker. Locker's easily the most important player on this team, but that doesn't mean he's the best. Griffin has gone from Lamont Thompson-esque performance to one of the best safeties in football thus far this season.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: