You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers out 3-4 weeks with a fractured collarbone
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Webmaster


Site Admin
Joined: 05 Oct 2004
Posts: 8928
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Aaron Rodgers out 3-4 weeks with a fractured collarbone Reply with quote

Please follow the NFL News forum guidelines when posting.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=147739

Guidelines for submitting a reply:
1. Only reply if you have something meaningful to add.
2. Keep replies on topic. Reply with your opinion on how the news affects the player or team. Donít reply with your general opinion on said player or team.

Will Wallace be able to lead the Packers? Will the Packer sign another QB? How will the Packers adjust their game plan? Any new updates on Rodgers injury?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Victor Cruz Pun


Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Posts: 10336
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers out 3-4 weeks with a fractured collarbone Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Please follow the NFL News forum guidelines when posting.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=147739

Guidelines for submitting a reply:
1. Only reply if you have something meaningful to add.
2. Keep replies on topic. Reply with your opinion on how the news affects the player or team. Donít reply with your general opinion on said player or team.

Will Wallace be able to lead the Packers? Will the Packer sign another QB? How will the Packers adjust their game plan? Any new updates on Rodgers injury?


No, he doesn't scare any team and as good as Lacy has been for a rookie he still can't win games by himself especially against stacked boxes. They need to sign someone who is at least respectable as a passer. I'd go for Flynn if the elbow injury isn't too serious he's had a lot of sucsess in GB's system for whatever reason. I'd have to imagine he still has some chemistry with the receivers there as opposed to Wallace whose had no first string reps to work with the receivers and I'm not too sure a week or two of having those reps will turn things around too much for him. I also think having Flynn opens up what the Packers can do offensively a lot more, right now they have to cater a lot to Walllace with quick passes and the running game. That's definetly not what you want out of a back up when you have to gameplan as if you have a rookie not that it's necessarily Wallace's fault.
_________________
mission27 wrote:
I would consider myself an extremely aggressive person, though not violent.

For example, I once attacked a stray dog.


thelawoffices wrote:
You guys are dumb af


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theweatherman


Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 44
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very little chance of winning. Simply put, the Packers are just not a good team without Rodgers. Not sure what they see in Wallace either. I understand he didn't have any prep time, but he just didn't look like an NFL qb during that Bears game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan06


Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 5936
Location: Waltham
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Tolzien to play this week.

That is because I expect Seneca to be so bad that Tolzien gets a shot.

Now I have no clue if Tolzien is any good either.

Should be fun to watch, unless you are a Packers fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13515
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news for Green Bay. That's for sure. Their next 3 games are not to bad (Eagles, Giants and Vikings) so they should be able to get 2 wins out of that but if Rodgers is gone for longer than 3 games it could be bad news and eliminate Green Bay from the divisional race.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 18605
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack REALLY need to run the ball well on 1st and 2nd down. Rodgers was able to make some magic happen on 3rd and long, but obviously Wallace is a significant step down and then some. We'll need a lot of manageable down and distance situations to have any chance of the offense succeeding. Defense really wore down against Chicago when we couldn't sustain any drives offensively.
_________________
Heimdallr wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Is our defense this bad or AR12 this good?

yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 7184
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
I expect Tolzien to play this week.

That is because I expect Seneca to be so bad that Tolzien gets a shot.

Now I have no clue if Tolzien is any good either.

Should be fun to watch, unless you are a Packers fan.


Tolzien was really bad this preseason (he never took a regular season snap). But our 2nd string OL was really bad too, so a lot of time he didn't have good pass protection. Would not be surprised 1 bit if he turns out to be a better option than Wallace though. Although Wallace outlasted him to final cuts in August.

Also, i heard Mike Garafolo say the timeline for Rodgers injury was 4-6 weeks. Is 6 weeks the absolute worst case scenario for this injury, and 4 the most realistic/best case?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 4345
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
patsfan06 wrote:
I expect Tolzien to play this week.

That is because I expect Seneca to be so bad that Tolzien gets a shot.

Now I have no clue if Tolzien is any good either.

Should be fun to watch, unless you are a Packers fan.


Tolzien was really bad this preseason (he never took a regular season snap). But our 2nd string OL was really bad too, so a lot of time he didn't have good pass protection. Would not be surprised 1 bit if he turns out to be a better option than Wallace though. Although Wallace outlasted him to final cuts in August.

Also, i heard Mike Garafolo say the timeline for Rodgers injury was 4-6 weeks. Is 6 weeks the absolute worst case scenario for this injury, and 4 the most realistic/best case?


It's tough to say how long it'll take. You want to err on the side of caution because the biggest risk if it the injury isn't completely healed then another hit will cause re-injury and a longer timetable to return. I think he's back sooner if there's a chance they can still compete for the playoffs. Like if Seneca guides them to a 2-2 or 3-1 record. With games against the Eagles, Giants and Vikings before facing the Lions on a Thursday night game it's not a really tough schedule. Maybe December 8th against the Cowboys is a realistic expectation? Also they are still hoping that Randall Cobb comes back near the end of the season. It'll be tough to make it in as the last wild card (Assuming the 5th seed goes to the 49ers or Seahawks) but the 6th spot is wide open.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 91020
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be awful if the packers going 1-3 in his absence, gotta win 2
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now Seneca Wallace is hurt too.

Tolzien in against PHI.
_________________


Everson Griffen: ďWe can be special. But itís up to us.Ē
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RashaanSalaami


Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 29854
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
and now Seneca Wallace is hurt too.

Tolzien in against PHI.


Fun times.

Not.

Another talented roster derailed by injury. Nothing worse than rightfully having high expectations only to have them crushed one hamstring, groin, and broken clavicle at a time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
theweatherman


Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 44
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't win a single game with him injured
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18592
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theweatherman wrote:
They won't win a single game with him injured


I think we still beat the Vikes. That's probably it though.
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
theweatherman


Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 44
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
theweatherman wrote:
They won't win a single game with him injured


I think we still beat the Vikes. That's probably it though.


Maybe if Freeman starts
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 4345
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers fans have to choose from Vince Young, Matt Flynn or Scott Tolzien... get well soon Rodgers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group