Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ratliff cleared for football activities; 6 teams interested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
LIEY8 wrote:
Ratliff is a dirtbag. Signed a massive deal 2 years ago, played ~6 games, got injured, gave up on the team. Doesn't care about anybody but himself. Now somehow he's magically cured. Good riddance; hope your [inappropriate/removed] never plays another game, Rat.

If hes fine why did the COWBOYS doctor fail his physical? Sure his agent said what he did but its the Dallas doctors that deemed him unfit to play.

They may have deemed his release a "failed physical" but he never actually took a physical with the team- unless you count the conditioning test in training camp in which he "pulled his hamstring". The failed physical designation is just their way of cutting a player that "isn't healthy"- perhaps an economically beneficial way of doing so.

There's no way he actually failed a physical with Dallas' doctors, because the key to the entire story is that the Cowboys' medical staff repeatedly told Ratliff that he was completely healthy. Ratliff didn't think so, or he just didn't want to play, so he found his own doctor to "rehab with" and got his agent to continually lie about his situation- say that his recovery was "always expected" to take a year and that the Cowboys knew that. A week after his release, oh, no, wait, he's healthy again! All it took was a doctor that didn't work for the Cowboys to say he's healthy- he must really be healthy this time! Someone sign him!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A handful of quotes from Jay Ratliff's agent, from a whopping one week ago:

Quote:
This was not a sports hernia injury. It was never a sports hernia injury. Somehow, someway it became characterized that way. Once it became labeled a sports hernia, there became an expectation for his return – a timetable for his return based on the way other people have returned from that. That’s created a lot of mystery and supposition publicly. But it wasn’t a sports hernia. This was a very serious injury – muscle was ripped off the (pelvic) bone in two places. Tendons attached to the pelvis from inside the leg, from the abdomen at the top of the pelvis, were both ripped apart. It was a very vicious injury and takes a long time to heal. The expectation from the beginning was that it would take about a year.

Quote:
If he could've played this year he would've been on the field.Those people that ever questioned his loyalty, maybe questioned his desire to play, integrity – all those things – those questions were misplaced. But again, I think a lot of that came from the fact that no one really understood the severity of the injury that Jay had suffered. As a result, there were unrealistic expectations for his return being bantered about publicly.

On why Ratliff participated in OTAs and a conditioning test in training camp if his muscle was separated from his pelvis:

Quote:
That’s a great question – you should ask [the Cowboys]

Quote:
He did the [conditioning] test. He probably shouldn’t have done the test. I’m just going to leave it at that.

Quote:
If he could've played this year he would've been on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Ratliff is done. Stick a fork in him

If he can pass a physical, I hope the Bengals are looking at him. Devon Still is out 6ish weeks with an elbow injury so we can definitely use him.

With Zimmer as our the DC, I'm pretty much expecting us to sign Ratliff... Laughing

With the success of the Cowboys rejects, I expect him to be a stud.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those teams that don't win the Rat"fink" liff raffle, there's always this gem...

http://www.webcitation.org/60d5PpJWB

Seriously though, fans of real professional football teams would want Ratliff? Why? He's 7 years in the league, just screwed the Cowboys out of millions... If this guy was worth anything, why would the Cowboys have dumped him to a loss of over 6 million in dead cap money?

Why would you think he wouldn't do that to your favorite team? And when he does do it, how many of you will defend the desperate GM that pulls the trigger on such a foolish move?

Wow... If Haynesworth is a big pile of hotdogs and ice cream, Ratliff is a little mound of cream puffs and Oreos...
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope SD isn't pursuing him. He should just retire, you don't want to risk an injury like that again.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question: could you trust an agent who said the things he said a week ago? who okay'd those statements and then okay'd his client publicly saying he was completely healthy a week later? How would you feel confident you were not being lied to?

I personally believe (and worry) that Ratliff is having some sort of mental issues, but that's neither here nor there. Why would anyone EVER think they could deal in good faith with an agent that would allow his name to be attached to this fiasco?
LIEY8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
LIEY8 wrote:
Ratliff is a dirtbag. Signed a massive deal 2 years ago, played ~6 games, got injured, gave up on the team. Doesn't care about anybody but himself. Now somehow he's magically cured. Good riddance; hope your [inappropriate/removed] never plays another game, Rat.

If hes fine why did the COWBOYS doctor fail his physical? Sure his agent said what he did but its the Dallas doctors that deemed him unfit to play.

matt79511 hit it on the head. Cowboys doctors, if I remember correctly, actually cleared him to play last year. Jerry (naturally, in Jerry fashion) couldn't keep his mouth shut and called Ratliff out. The two then got into a shouting match, with Ratliff pretty much saying he wasn't ready to play yet. 2013 OTAs roll around, and Ratliff somehow is still not ready to play. Now, a week after his release from the team, he's ready.

He's a scumbag. He gave up on the team after he collected his paycheck and lied to everybody within the organization. If another team wants him, they can have him; preferably another team in the NFC East so he can drain them of millions of dollars in cap space too and the Cowboys can stick it to him twice a year. What a loser. Good riddance.

Life Goes On
superfly3176

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Serious question: could you trust an agent who said the things he said a week ago? who okay'd those statements and then okay'd his client publicly saying he was completely healthy a week later? How would you feel confident you were not being lied to?

I personally believe (and worry) that Ratliff is having some sort of mental issues, but that's neither here nor there. Why would anyone EVER think they could deal in good faith with an agent that would allow his name to be attached to this fiasco?

I think it's fairly well documented that Ratliff appears to have bipolar disorder.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans can't get much worse. why not?
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need depth at DT to spell Dareus and Kyle Williams
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Sean Lee on Jay Ratliff:

Quote:
If you don't want to be here and you don't want to play with this team, then move on because we have guys who are ready to play, who work extremely hard, who care about this franchise, who care about each other as teammates, and I'd rather go down with guys who want to be here and want to win than win with guys who don't want to be here.

Wow
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Sean Lee on Jay Ratliff:

Quote:
If you don't want to be here and you don't want to play with this team, then move on because we have guys who are ready to play, who work extremely hard, who care about this franchise, who care about each other as teammates, and I'd rather go down with guys who want to be here and want to win than win with guys who don't want to be here.

Wow

I love Sean Lee...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Sean Lee on Jay Ratliff:

Quote:

Wow

I love Sean Lee...

He is awesome. In an interview after the Philly game the reporter said something like:

"You guys just held the #4 (?) scoring offense to 3 points, you must be proud of your effort"

To which Lee responded:

"We are just trying to make it up to the offense from those pathetic games against Denver and San Deigo. We still have a long ways to go"

--------------------------------

The dude is pure accountability. No fluff, all business.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a depth signing he should be fine but I doubt any team should sign him to plug a hole at a starting position.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
As a depth signing he should be fine but I doubt any team should sign him to plug a hole at a starting position.

If Ratliff is healthy, motivated and mentally stable, he wont stay as depth. The guy is as good a DT as there is in the league.

That doesnt make him less of a jerk for screwing the Cowboys, though. Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: