Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Raiders vs Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Week 8: Raiders vs Steelers Reply with quote

Keys to the Game:

Raiders offensively

1. Darren McFadden
2. Offensive Line
3. Terrelle Pryor
4. Mychal Rivera
5. Rod Streater

Raiders defensively

1. Lamarr Houston
2. Nick Roach
3. DJ Hayden
4. Pat Sims
5. Charles Woodson

Steelers offensively

1. Offensive Line
2. Le'Veon Bell
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Heath Miller
5. Antonio Brown

Steelers defensively

1. Steve McLendon
2. Troy Polamalu
3. Jarvis Jones
4. Lawrence Timmons
5. Will Gay

Last edited by SteelProven on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to get it up I'll make updates and changes later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and since SP is a slacker, I'll get the eye candy going! Razz

stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the rims on that one!!!

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so looking back at past trends: If we win this game, we have a shot at turning the season around and making playoff noise. During the Big Ben era it seems like any time we're a mediocre team, the Raiders are one of the teams that beat us no matter how awful they are that year. We lost to terrible Raiders teams in 09, 06, and 12. We beat them pretty decisively in 04 and 10.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game, of course, is in Oakland. Why does it seem we always play Denver and Oakland away? Steelers seem to always have a tough time at the Coliseum in recent years. I think it would be wise to have Timmons shadow Pryor much like he has done with Chris Johnson. the Steelers also have a tough time with athletic QB's and they NEED to force Pryor to beat them with his arm.
If the Steelers play similar to last year (Without all the fumbles) I think they will be ok.

24-14 Good guys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's our record the past few times we played the Raiders? It seems like this is the one suck team that always has our number. We have royally collapsed to these guys over and over.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
What's our record the past few times we played the Raiders? It seems like this is the one suck team that always has our number. We have royally collapsed to these guys over and over.

Ben is 1-3 against the Raiders, although we beat them before he became the starter in 04. '10 was the only year he beat them, and our 3 losses came in the 3 years we missed the playoffs with Ben. Basically when we're an SB caliber team we beat them, but when we're mediocre they have our number even if they're garbage. That '06 team was an awful awful awful 2-14 team and we were one of those two wins.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

I heard we haven't won IN Oakland since 1995!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV coverage map:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=8

Gonna be a tough one to catch this game....

CaptainParker wrote:

SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
TV coverage map:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2013&wk=8

Gonna be a tough one to catch this game....

Not really. DirecTV FTW
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

Ben is 1-3 against the Raiders, although we beat them before he became the starter in 04. '10 was the only year he beat them, and our 3 losses came in the 3 years we missed the playoffs with Ben. Basically when we're an SB caliber team we beat them, but when we're mediocre they have our number even if they're garbage. That '06 team was an awful awful awful 2-14 team and we were one of those two wins.

Those loses stand out to me way more than the wins did. Honestly, I don't remember much about the '10 win despite it not being that long ago.

The '06 loss was one of the worst coached games I can recall from Cowher. Especially with how he handled an ineffective Roethlisberger coming off a concussion the week prior. Then in the '09 contest they blew that late lead in the Gradkowski Bowl in which the defense gave up 21 points in the fourth quarter. That was also the game where Tomlin foolishly went for a 53 yard FG at Heinz Field in December instead of playing for field position. The Raiders scored on the ensuing drive to give them some momentum.

The Steelers are the better team but as we have seen that doesn't matter when playing the Raiders.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
C$!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

Those loses stand out to me way more than the wins did. Honestly, I don't remember much about the '10 win despite it not being that long ago.

The '06 loss was one of the worst coached games I can recall from Cowher. Especially with how he handled an ineffective Roethlisberger coming off a concussion the week prior. Then in the '09 contest they blew that late lead in the Gradkowski Bowl in which the defense gave up 21 points in the fourth quarter. That was also the game where Tomlin foolishly went for a 53 yard FG at Heinz Field in December instead of playing for field position. The Raiders scored on the ensuing drive to give them some momentum.

The Steelers are the better team but as we have seen that doesn't matter when playing the Raiders.

This is what happened in 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzWXsn3Nwk8

but still, it would be nice to get the W. Just can't let Pryor beat us with his legs. Make him pass...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of the parts of the schedule I hated. Oakland, for whatever reason, gives them fits. They gave the Steelers this game a week after the Ravens with the Raiders coming off their bye. Sounds like a small thing, but little quirks like that are throughout the schedule. Playing teams off buys or on short weeks in key match-ups. I still can't wait to see them in Baltimore on Thanksgiving. That's going to be an awesome one.

The Raiders defense hasn't been terrible. Not intimidating by any means, but they aren't the door mat expected. Not creating a lot of turnovers, thank god.

Pryor's mobility scares me. Lebeau has had some issues with QB's who like to take off. I expect 2-3 scrambles to the left side, and probably one to the right. I'd wish the team drew Matt Flynn, but seeing as how they looked against Cassel...The defense can't sell out to stop McFadden like they did Peterson.

I have little feel for this team so far.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison
Bobikus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
This was one of the parts of the schedule I hated. Oakland, for whatever reason, gives them fits.

Honestly I'm glad this game is coming up now because of this reason. The Raiders are again, a poor team that we SHOULD be better than. I think the game will be a good indicator over whether there's hope for late season turnaround or if we should just start looking ahead to the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: