Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Baldy Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23054
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: 2013 Baldy Discussion Thread Reply with quote

2013 Baldy's Discussion Thread

We will be having the Ceremony on Sunday Nov 24th 3pm EST


With the BYE quickly creeping up on us, I wanted to get some discussions going about the 2013 Baldies.

For those newcomers, the Baldies is a tradition started many years ago, and as originally stated by Steegles:

Quote:
This ceremony is to recognize those who have had a positive effect on this forum, like helping out the newer posters.

Thanks to all of your desire to talk Eagles football, we have become one of the top forums on the site! You guys deserve to be recognised! So make sure you look your best!


That was said before becoming the forum with the 2nd most posts on the site, since its inception the Eagles Forum awards ceremonies has recognized those who make the forum a better place.



Previous Iggles Ceremonies (Baldies)
As one of the more active forums on the site, it's appropriate to occasionally take time to acknowledge those who have contributed to its success:
The 2007 Iggles Ceremony
The 2008 Iggles Ceremony - Coming Soon!! (Did not occur?)
The 2009 Baldies Ceremony
The 2010 Baldies Ceremony
The 2011 Baldies Ceremony
The 2012 Baldies Ceremony


Alright Guys it's Voting time. Voting will be open until Nov 1st @ 10pm. During that week I will be tallying up the totals and asking one of our Sig makers (Kilty/Silo,Another) to make up the winners Sig to be presented by a Guest Announcer! The date of the Cermony will be TBA . Those of you familiar please PM me (Nabbs4u) the Ballot when ever your done, sooner the better. Please remember that myself and Phire are out of consideration for this years Baldy's, we are officially retired. Cool Newbies to the process!!! Below is a Ballot that you need to copy, paste and fill out. Once you have done that Please send me via PM ONLY your submission. Please take the time to read the rules below and follow them. This form used below (like MKEP) is easier for me to read and tally up. You might find it easier to write the names down on a piece of paper while reading the categories and discription on the front page to then transfer over to the ballot form. At least thats how I like to do it. Thanks to everyone who will cast a Vote and please remember the more who participate in the voting process the better it is for the overall awards. As always PLEASE DO NOT DROP NAMES for who you think should win or whom you voted for in this thread. At the end of the ceremonies we have in the past posted our submissions as a testimate to who we believe should of won. Thanks and Good luck to all




CATEGORIES

Non-Eagles Awards (1)

'Near Perfect Award'
Quote:
Given to the best poster who is a fan of another team than the Eagles, but still adds a welcomed—or needed—difference of perspective regarding our beloved Birds.


Eagles Awards (9)

Lane Johnson Award
Quote:
A newer poster--less than a year from joining--who is making a name for himself quickly, and has shown the potential to be very good.



Weapon X Award:
Quote:
This award will be given to a member who best represents the spirit of the Philadelphia forum around the site. Whether in the rivals forum, or in the more general forums, this poster is a force when debating fans from around league. "Always looking to set things straight with rivals and opposing views on the forum, never backs out from any fight."


Mr. Independent Award:
Quote:
This award goes to the poster that mostly goes against the grain. This is for a poster that isn’t afraid to speak his mind and doesn't follow the crowd.


Rocky Balboa Award
Quote:
This award goes to the most improved member of the Eagles forum.


Reggie White Liberty Bell Award
Quote:
This award goes to the most optimistic poster. Someone who sees the light at the end of the darkest tunnels, even when no one else does.


Bill Cosby Award
Quote:
The funniest poster in the forum.


Ben Franklin Award:

Quote:
The most knowledgeable poster. The poster who bring great insight and information to a topic. The educator of sorts!



Steegles46 Award
Quote:
For those that knew him, I think the award name speaks for itself. Steegles was a great part of this Eagles forum and really helped it develop into one of the more active forums on the entire website. This member exemplifies the qualities of a model member and can be said to be "most likely to become a moderator". No current Mods apply. This member always keeps his cool and offers great insight in a positive manner.


Chuck Bednarik Award (GSA)
Quote:
This award is presented to the most valuable poster on the Eagles forum. This poster is the one who exemplifies to all the other forums what the Eagles—and this forum—are all about. This is the poster whom is most likely to be voted a FootballsFuture MVP.



SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

COPY THE FOLLOWING LIST AND PICK 1 NAME FOR EACH CATEGORY.

Descriptions of each award can be found on page 1 of either the sticky of this thread.

You may not use a name more than once.

You may vote for yourself.

You may NOT vote for banned members.

Arrow Submissions are to be PM'd to Me!! Just copy and paste the below list. Please Do Not at any time divulge who you voted for in the discussion thread or during the ceremonies until the very end. Thanks.


Quote:
Submission Ballot Form

Near Perfect Award' :


Lane Johnson Award:


Weapon X Award:


Mr. Independent Award


Rocky Balboa Award:


Reggie White Liberty Bell Award:


Bill Cosby Award:


Ben Franklin Award:


Steegles46 Award:


Chuck Bednarik Award (GSA):




GOOD LUCK


For those who have nor seen or read the Story Phire created 3 years ago press the link , scroll down and enjoy. Applause

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14602070#14602070
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/


Last edited by Nabbs4u on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:01 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to take anything away from the prestigious history of some of them, but I think we should rename a few awards after our all-time great players.

Brian Dawkins Award, Chuck Bednarik Award, Reggie White Award, etc etc.

I know the voting closes in a week, but if we can come up with something quickly it could work.

Just a thought.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34185
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we have an eaglet?
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49654
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
do we have an eaglet?

Yeah a pretty decent one.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34185
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
do we have an eaglet?

Yeah a pretty decent one.


who?
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49654
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Nabbs took himself out of the race years ago, but if 808 is down is it cool if we take mods out all together? We kinda have to be here, it'd be cool to open up the competition a bit. Wink
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49654
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
do we have an eaglet?

Yeah a pretty decent one.


who?

Seek and ye shall find.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 18779
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a little sour after I was snubbed last year. That Eaglet should have been! I AM THE GOLDEN GOD!
_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23054
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
I don't want to take anything away from the prestigious history of some of them, but I think we should rename a few awards after our all-time great players.

Brian Dawkins Award, Chuck Bednarik Award, Reggie White Award, etc etc.

I know the voting closes in a week, but if we can come up with something quickly it could work.

Just a thought.


I'm fine with renaming any award people deem necessary. I would like to get it nailed down though tonight so there are no confussions with nominations being sent in. One of the reasons I left the date open as well. trying to find a Host this year not named Nabbs4u. Cool
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23054
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Phire wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
do we have an eaglet?

Yeah a pretty decent one.


who?

Seek and ye shall find.


When you do, don't name drop. Wink
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49654
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
I don't want to take anything away from the prestigious history of some of them, but I think we should rename a few awards after our all-time great players.

Brian Dawkins Award, Chuck Bednarik Award, Reggie White Award, etc etc.

I know the voting closes in a week, but if we can come up with something quickly it could work.

Just a thought.


I'm fine with renaming any award people deem necessary. I would like to get it nailed down though tonight so there are no confussions with nominations being sent in. One of the reasons I left the date open as well. trying to find a Host this year not named Nabbs4u. Cool

I think an award for Dawkins would be great, maybe change the Art award to the Weapon X award or the Wolverine award or something.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 34185
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should change the eaglet award to be named after our best rookie at the time.


So earl wolff award.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23054
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to propose a change in either a potential category or make a exception to the rule. For years either Silo or Kiltman have been hamstrung to a singular category because of their awesome work making Sigs the 'Martin Nodell Award'.

I vote to either remove this award altogether or IMO allow those two (only exceptions) to be nominated more then once per ballot "IF" a poster feels the need to nominate either for another category. Thoughts?
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/


Last edited by Nabbs4u on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 22420
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
I don't want to take anything away from the prestigious history of some of them, but I think we should rename a few awards after our all-time great players.

Brian Dawkins Award, Chuck Bednarik Award, Reggie White Award, etc etc.

I know the voting closes in a week, but if we can come up with something quickly it could work.

Just a thought.


I'm fine with renaming any award people deem necessary. I would like to get it nailed down though tonight so there are no confussions with nominations being sent in. One of the reasons I left the date open as well. trying to find a Host this year not named Nabbs4u. Cool

I think an award for Dawkins would be great, maybe change the Art award to the Weapon X award or the Wolverine award or something.


_________________
Jason Pierre-Paul wrote:
The Eagles are 4-1, but they could have easily been 0-4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49654
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I would also like to propose a change in either a potential category or make a exception to the rule. For years either Silo or Kiltman have been hamstrung to a singular category because of their awesome work making Sigs the 'Martin Nodell Award'.

I vote to either remove this award altogether or IMO allow those two (only exceptions) to be nominated more then once per ballot "IF" a poster feels the need to nominate either for another category. Thoughts?

I think scrapping the artistic and foreign awards might be something we need to do.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group