Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus Lattimore
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

Anyone think we will see Marcus Lattimore this season? Their backfield is so staked so I would be surprised if we do. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on him and why style of back is he? I didn't follow him much in college.
Psychlone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore Reply with quote

9erNation2013 wrote:
Anyone think we will see Marcus Lattimore this season? Their backfield is so staked so I would be surprised if we do. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on him and why style of back is he? I didn't follow him much in college.

I certainly hope not as the only logical reason he would be pressed into service this year is if we had multiple injuries to our current corp. Unleash the beast at 100% next year...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance Lattimore plays this season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I think we see him is if we trade LaMichael James, which I doubt we do.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Yeah, I think it was always the plan for Lattimore's rookie season to be a red-shirt year for him. It's best to just let him get healthy so he can come back at full-strength next year.

As far as what style back he is, I'd call him a well-rounded workhorse. He has great vision, runs with power, has good hands out of the backfield, and is an excellent pass-protector for a college back.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not. That would mean Frank is hurt or maybe even both Frank and Kendall. And it would mean Marcus doesn't get a chance to completely heal.

Anyone who saw what happened to his knee knows the chances of his making a full recovery are probably not good, and even if it never happened you never know how good of a pro a guy will turn out to be. In my wildest dreams Lattimore slowly takes over for Gore in 2014 and then goes on to have the same kind of career Frank has had.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Pretty much slim to none. The only way is if we're sitting at 13-2, and have locked home field (unlikely). If that did happen, then I can see Harbaugh resting Gore, and giving the rookie some time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree, we have to make a decision on Lattimore in the next few weeks and no way do we activate him from the PUP list to cut someone. He can't just play in week 17 and Harbaugh wouldn't put him in that position. This season he isn't sniffing the field and as for your scenario, more likely LMJ and Hunter will get majority of the carries for the last game. Heck, even throw in 7 or so carries for Dixon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Yeah, I think it was always the plan for Lattimore's rookie season to be a red-shirt year for him. It's best to just let him get healthy so he can come back at full-strength next year.

As far as what style back he is, I'd call him a well-rounded workhorse. He has great vision, runs with power, has good hands out of the backfield, and is an excellent pass-protector for a college back.

That's funny, you basically just described Frank Gore which is who Marcus Lattimore reminded me so much of. I think we've got ourselves a good one and will have a smooth transition from Frank to Lattimore.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do. Does anyone think one of the backs will be gone during the offseason? I'm thinking Dixon? I really like Hunter so I hope he's not courted by another team.
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9erNation2013 wrote:
I'm pretty stoked to see what he can do. Does anyone think one of the backs will be gone during the offseason? I'm thinking Dixon? I really like Hunter so I hope he's not courted by another team.

I think the only one on the active roster who had a real good change of being gone during offseason is LaMIKEy. There seems to be nowhere for him in our offense. That is.. unless G-ROzizzle gets a HC somewhere

Only then could EYE sea LaMIKE somehow getting a place in our offense..
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9erNation2013 wrote:

I can't see the team letting Hunter go, as he has been nothing short of impressive since he has arrived here. The question will be what do we do with Gore. He will be 31 years old next season, but has shown this season he is still the same force. If Lattimore proves next year in the offseason he could be our next bell cow or at least share it alongside Hunter, it will be a tough decision. I know Harbaugh said they still have big plans for LMJ, but I'm starting to question that a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Disagree, we have to make a decision on Lattimore in the next few weeks and no way do we activate him from the PUP list to cut someone. He can't just play in week 17 and Harbaugh wouldn't put him in that position. This season he isn't sniffing the field and as for your scenario, more likely LMJ and Hunter will get majority of the carries for the last game. Heck, even throw in 7 or so carries for Dixon.

I completely forgot about the PUP list. You're right, there's zero chance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
9erNation2013 wrote:

I can't see the team letting Hunter go, as he has been nothing short of impressive since he has arrived here. The question will be what do we do with Gore. He will be 31 years old next season, but has shown this season he is still the same force. If Lattimore proves next year in the offseason he could be our next bell cow or at least share it alongside Hunter, it will be a tough decision. I know Harbaugh said they still have big plans for LMJ, but I'm starting to question that a bit.

I think Gore remains a 49er for one more year. Gore/Hunter/Lattimore could be what we ride with next year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter is a solid 2 and once Lattimore takes reign that combo will be nice. James to me is the wild card. I'm wondering if his costly Super Bowl fumble is maybe a small factor in not having more of a pivitol role...just my opinion.

Just thinking of how we can keep up with these Seahawks. Man, did they get lucky this year with their schedule or what?

Last edited by 9erNation2013 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: