Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W8 GDT: Arizona Cardinals (3-4) vs. Atlanta Falcons (2-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
The Cardinals just have something against Matt Ryan.
10 INT's in four career games versus Arizona.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't our OL block like that?

#FreeToddGurley
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Why can't our OL block like that?

I know we're bad, but the Cardinals o-line sucks. On most days, just as bad as us.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at Ryan run. Cool

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
NEWSFLASH EVERYONE!

Quarterbacks sometimes throw interceptions. General Managers sometimes don't hit on their seventh round picks. That doesn't make them bad at all.

For a team that doesn't actually have that good of a history, Falcons fans are some of the most spoiled NFL fans in the whole league.
How many picks has he "hit" on in 6 yrs besides Ryan and Julio??

Are we seriously going over this again?

-Ryan
-Julio
-Spoon
-Trufant (yup, he's a hit)
-DeCoud
-Moore
-Bierrmann

And that's just some of them. And not including some of the genius moves he's made in FA.

Why do I respond to these posts again?

Beeper, seriously? Cmon man you have common sense. THere are only 2 elite players on that list. Spoon and Moore are above average players but they aren't elite. Trufant is TBD and Kroy is good for a 5th rounder. DeCoud is not good. Look at TD's last 1st and 2nd round picks the last three years. They haven't been great. And that's why this team has suffered in certain positions..

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
NEWSFLASH EVERYONE!

Quarterbacks sometimes throw interceptions. General Managers sometimes don't hit on their seventh round picks. That doesn't make them bad at all.

For a team that doesn't actually have that good of a history, Falcons fans are some of the most spoiled NFL fans in the whole league.

-Ryan
-Julio
-Spoon
-DeCoud
-Moore
-Bierrmann

And that's just some of them. And not including some of the genius moves he's made in FA.

Beeper, seriously? Cmon man you have common sense. THere are only 2 elite players on that list. Spoon and Moore are above average players but they aren't elite. Trufant is TBD and Kroy is good for a 5th rounder. DeCoud is not good. Look at TD's last 1st and 2nd round picks the last three years. They haven't been great. And that's why this team has suffered in certain positions..

Spoon and moore are well above average, both bordering on elte. Decoud is above average. Outside of jerry his 1st rouund picks have been right on, his 2nd round picks have been good too.,
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.

Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.

TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.

Not with the injuries we have. Healthy? You bet your [inappropriate/removed] we do.

If we had the vets before, and now our holes are showing, did we have the holes with the vets or not?

So everytime we lose we should blame TD for not drafting the opposing teams players that do well?

I'm not saying TD isn't at fault, but to say TD is the only reason this team is not playing well, then I should not even dignify you with a response. Believe it or not, injuries are not helping us this year.

I would love to continue a battle of wits with you but you are clearly unarmed. Injuries? LOLOLOL Every team has injuries. That is not an excuse. And this team didn't look great before the injuries. Can Julio and Roddy play Defense? Is Kroy the ALL PRO that we need? How about Hall of fame prospect Mike Johnson? You are a great comedian...lol

There's 2-3 people who just seem to bring this forum down and it's sad. The stupidity some people have is embarrassing.

Not every injury is the same and no team has racked up injuries to the quality players and key positions we have.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoon is borderline elite if he can stay on the field and WAR is well above avg, while DeCoud is just avg.

#FreeToddGurley
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blank is p*ssed.

#FreeToddGurley
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, 2-5 sounds pretty damn horrible if you ask me.

#FreeToddGurley
terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
for a superbowl or bust year, we put out a patchwork oline guarding out 100mil QB Laughing Laughing

(this statement has nothing to do w/ injuries nor does it mean I don't like Ryan, since some of you will assume that)
Exactly. That's ALL on TD.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
for a superbowl or bust year, we put out a patchwork oline guarding out 100mil QB Laughing Laughing

(this statement has nothing to do w/ injuries nor does it mean I don't like Ryan, since some of you will assume that)
Exactly. That's ALL on TD.

Yea. I mean, he could he not see in the future and see two starters go down to injury. MORON, should be fired.
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
NEWSFLASH EVERYONE!

-Ryan
-Julio
-Spoon
-DeCoud
-Moore
-Bierrmann

Spoon and moore are well above average, both bordering on elte. Decoud is above average. Outside of jerry his 1st rouund picks have been right on, his 2nd round picks have been good too.,

Moore is bordering elite. Spoon? Not so much. He is above average and that is all he is. Maybe it's our system but he doesn't impact a game the way Moore has shown he can. Not to mention Spoon is injured a lot. So you have to factor that in because if you aren't on the field you can't be elite.

1st round picks under TD
2008 Matt Ryan
2008 Sam Baker
2009 Peria Jerry
2010 Sean Weatherspoon
2011 Julio Jones
2012 No pick
2013 Desmond Trufant

2nd round Picks

2008 Curtis Lofton
2009 William Moore
2010 No pick
2011 No Pick
2012 Peter Konz
2013 Robert Alford

Looking at this list shows me that we haven't valued the 2nd round a lot over the past few years and out of the 2nd round only 3 players are on the team and 2 start. Konz and Alford are TBD. And Konz isn't looking that great.

As for the 1st round, Ryan and Julio were home runs but even Rich McKay could of made those picks. Jerry is a bust and Spoon is an above average complementary player at a position that can't greatly impact the game in a 4-3. . I love Julio but you have to think if giving up your 1st rounder and 2nd rounders was the right thing to do because now you don't have that draft depth on your team and this is what results.

tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.

Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.

TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.

Not with the injuries we have. Healthy? You bet your [inappropriate/removed] we do.

If we had the vets before, and now our holes are showing, did we have the holes with the vets or not?

So everytime we lose we should blame TD for not drafting the opposing teams players that do well?

I'm not saying TD isn't at fault, but to say TD is the only reason this team is not playing well, then I should not even dignify you with a response. Believe it or not, injuries are not helping us this year.

I would love to continue a battle of wits with you but you are clearly unarmed. Injuries? LOLOLOL Every team has injuries. That is not an excuse. And this team didn't look great before the injuries. Can Julio and Roddy play Defense? Is Kroy the ALL PRO that we need? How about Hall of fame prospect Mike Johnson? You are a great comedian...lol

There's 2-3 people who just seem to bring this forum down and it's sad. The stupidity some people have is embarrassing.

Not every injury is the same and no team has racked up injuries to the quality players and key positions we have.

Who are you to dictate who is "stupid" and who brings the forum down? You have some inferiority complex but it just makes you look very ignorant.

If you have a different opinion about football express it. Otherwise we don't care to hear you personal opinion on who should be in the forum. You don't control that and if you did no one would be apart of that dumpster fire.

And back to football!

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
NEWSFLASH EVERYONE!

-Ryan
-Julio
-Spoon
-DeCoud
-Moore
-Bierrmann

Moore is bordering elite. Spoon? Not so much. He is above average and that is all he is. Maybe it's our system but he doesn't impact a game the way Moore has shown he can. Not to mention Spoon is injured a lot. So you have to factor that in because if you aren't on the field you can't be elite.

1st round picks under TD
2008 Matt Ryan
2008 Sam Baker
2009 Peria Jerry
2010 Sean Weatherspoon
2011 Julio Jones
2012 No pick
2013 Desmond Trufant

2nd round Picks

2008 Curtis Lofton
2009 William Moore
2010 No pick
2011 No Pick
2012 Peter Konz
2013 Robert Alford

Looking at this list shows me that we haven't valued the 2nd round a lot over the past few years and out of the 2nd round only 3 players are on the team and 2 start. Konz and Alford are TBD. And Konz isn't looking that great.

As for the 1st round, Ryan and Julio were home runs but even Rich McKay could of made those picks. Jerry is a bust and Spoon is an above average complementary player at a position that can't greatly impact the game in a 4-3. . I love Julio but you have to think if giving up your 1st rounder and 2nd rounders was the right thing to do because now you don't have that draft depth on your team and this is what results.

Lofton left in FA, doesnt change the fact that he was a hit. And i dont think you understand what average level players are in the NFL. Both Spoon and Moore are well, well above that. I see 1 bust, one poor pick and a bunch of other good looking ones.

As far as jones go, id rather get a game changer than just a bunch of solid guys. The Rams did that and look how theyre doing, not to hot, right? How are the BRowns making out with all those picks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: