You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W8 GDT: Arizona Cardinals (3-4) vs. Atlanta Falcons (2-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4565
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.


TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4944
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.
Armchair GM logic.


The job becomes so much easier when you have six months of hindsight in your favor, doesn't it?
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4944
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.


TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.



We're all frustrated with this team, it's the fact that your angry that TD hasn't hit on every single pick that's annoying all of us. No team does that, ever. It's unreasonable and you simply aren't seeming to understand that.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4565
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Hindsight is great, isn't it? Ellington and Taylor were both pretty iffy draft prospects. Steven Jackson was brought in for his experience and eagerness to make a Super Bowl push, and to allow a change of pace for our passing offense. We can't predict injuries. So no, TD doesn't look like an idiot for eschewing two sixth round rookies in favor of a great of the past decade.


Umm he's a 30 plus RB. Anyone who watches the NFL knows that 30 and RB are two things that don't mix. The decline was spelled out. Why do you think only a couple of teams were talking to Jackson? Taylor was a good draft prospect and Ellington had a 5th to 6 round grade which nowadays is good for a position that can be picked off the scrap heap. When you go after Jackson and you do nothing to your Oline or Line backing core you look pretty stupid. So it isn't a matter of hindsight but a matter of arrogance on the part of TD and the Falcons brass.


Only two teams were talking to Jackson because he specifically stated he wanted to play for a contender. The move was smart at the time. We aren't a running team, we don't need a three down running back. We needed someone to take the pressure off of Ryan and bring experience and Jackson was the guy.

You can go and complain that TD didn't notice every little late round steal, but it isn't going to do you any good. 31 other teams passed on both guys five times. You can't be expected to hit on every pick, and no team does.

And let's be reminded that Ellington nor Taylor is going up against an NFL caliber defensive line. Both looked like average backs in previous weeks.


Look at what you said...."And let's be reminded that Ellington nor Taylor is going up against an NFL caliber defensive line." Why is that? TD has been here for 5 years and we don't have an NFL caliber D-line? In a passing league? That is a problem.

And to your point about Ellington and Taylor, the man thing is that the money to JAckson could of went to the Oline or Dline. You don't pick up FA RB's. Michael Turner is an anomaly. In this pass first league guys like Ellington and Taylor can be really efficient if your Oline is worth anything. You get younger at RB not older. I am not backtracking here. I never was in favor of the Jackson move. I wanted Lacy (in the second if possible) or Bell. I thought those guys would of been a long term solution. I hate that "Win Now" crap. Every season is win now! And you do that by always making sure you have a young nucleus which this team doesn't really have.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2841
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.


TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.


Not with the injuries we have. Healthy? You bet your [inappropriate/removed] we do.

If we had the vets before, and now our holes are showing, did we have the holes with the vets or not?

So everytime we lose we should blame TD for not drafting the opposing teams players that do well?

I'm not saying TD isn't at fault, but to say TD is the only reason this team is not playing well, then I should not even dignify you with a response. Believe it or not, injuries are not helping us this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4565
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.


TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.



We're all frustrated with this team, it's the fact that your angry that TD hasn't hit on every single pick that's annoying all of us. No team does that, ever. It's unreasonable and you simply aren't seeming to
understand that.


Unlike most of you all i'm not here to make everyone like me by agreeing just to agree. I'm stating facts. This "In TD We Trust" is what brainless fools think and say. TD has zero rings. He still has a lot to prove. Of course you can't hit on every draft pick. No one expects him to. But over his last 3 drafts, he has had really crappy drafts and made some questionable picks. It has been really bad. And now this team is showing it. That isn't a complaint. It's an observation. I don't need to insult you guys. You insult yourselves by the classless statements and attacks you make instead of talking football.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4944
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To try to get this somewhat back on topic, I've been very impressed by Peria Jerry this season. He's been really, really improved. Just got a sack right now.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4565
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.


TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.


Not with the injuries we have. Healthy? You bet your [inappropriate/removed] we do.

If we had the vets before, and now our holes are showing, did we have the holes with the vets or not?

So everytime we lose we should blame TD for not drafting the opposing teams players that do well?

I'm not saying TD isn't at fault, but to say TD is the only reason this team is not playing well, then I should not even dignify you with a response. Believe it or not, injuries are not helping us this year.


I would love to continue a battle of wits with you but you are clearly unarmed. Injuries? LOLOLOL Every team has injuries. That is not an excuse. And this team didn't look great before the injuries. Can Julio and Roddy play Defense? Is Kroy the ALL PRO that we need? How about Hall of fame prospect Mike Johnson? You are a great comedian...lol
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 2256
Location: Atlanta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Steven Jackson?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4944
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did we hire Todd Bowles?

These announcers....
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2841
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.


TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.


Not with the injuries we have. Healthy? You bet your [inappropriate/removed] we do.

If we had the vets before, and now our holes are showing, did we have the holes with the vets or not?

So everytime we lose we should blame TD for not drafting the opposing teams players that do well?

I'm not saying TD isn't at fault, but to say TD is the only reason this team is not playing well, then I should not even dignify you with a response. Believe it or not, injuries are not helping us this year.


I would love to continue a battle of wits with you but you are clearly unarmed. Injuries? LOLOLOL Every team has injuries. That is not an excuse. And this team didn't look great before the injuries. Can Julio and Roddy play Defense? Is Kroy the ALL PRO that we need? How about Hall of fame prospect Mike Johnson? You are a great comedian...lol


What a joke. You're right, we should hire you as our GM. The guy who sits on his couch and criticizes a professional football GM in a forum is far more qulified, what were we thinking.. Being condescending does not win you arguments. With that, I say this will be my last reply to you. Enjoy your new GM job. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4944
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE Trueblood. It's time to try Schrader. His penalties are killing us.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4944
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Abraham is down. Hate seeing anyone injured, especially a former Falcon like him.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4565
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
TD looks like a true idiot. Both Taylor and Ellington are killing us and he could of drafted both of them to groom and instead he picks up a 30 plus RB who has missed half of the season.


Are we going to criticize TD for every player we don't draft that plays well against us? Great logic.


TD is in charge of personnel on this team. He gets the blame. That is how business works And this is a business. This team does not have the personnel to be a top end competitive team. This isn't new. This team has scratched and gotten by the last couple of years but has always lost in the playoffs because of a poor defense and mediocre Oline play. Now that we have lost veterans it is showing the true holes this team has had from the beginning except they can't be overcome.

The logic is consistent with what is happening. If you want to remain in denial then that is fine. I am not here to convince you. If 21-6 isn't enough then nothing will. The Falcons look over matched and are being out coached. And this is something that happens a lot unfortunately. We don't have one elite Defensive player and our we have 3 elite players on Offense and two of them are injured. You can't play winning football with no depth. That is TD's fault whether you like it or not. I am not making anything up. That is the truth.


Not with the injuries we have. Healthy? You bet your [inappropriate/removed] we do.

If we had the vets before, and now our holes are showing, did we have the holes with the vets or not?

So everytime we lose we should blame TD for not drafting the opposing teams players that do well?

I'm not saying TD isn't at fault, but to say TD is the only reason this team is not playing well, then I should not even dignify you with a response. Believe it or not, injuries are not helping us this year.


I would love to continue a battle of wits with you but you are clearly unarmed. Injuries? LOLOLOL Every team has injuries. That is not an excuse. And this team didn't look great before the injuries. Can Julio and Roddy play Defense? Is Kroy the ALL PRO that we need? How about Hall of fame prospect Mike Johnson? You are a great comedian...lol


What a joke. You're right, we should hire you as our GM. The guy who sits on his couch and criticizes a professional football GM in a forum is far more qulified, what were we thinking.. Being condescending does not win you arguments. With that, I say this will be my last reply to you. Enjoy your new GM job. Laughing


Actually, I'm watching the game from my office on a 70 inch. But even if I were on my couch I don't see what that has to do with the reason this team has been under-performing. Just because TD has his job doesn't mean he is the best at it. If having a law degree, which most GM's do means you are "qulified" as you so eloquently put it, then that would make me more than qualified. Again, the NFL is a business. Nothing more.

You evaluate and sign players who will get you W's. And you fix holes with quality material at a low price. You don't say you are superbowl bound and then throw Mike Johnson, Reynolds and Konz in as your primary Oline. You don't start the season with the same LB core that was terrible last season. You don't do those things and say you want to compete at a high level. That just isn't true. Those same principles go for everyday business practices.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 2256
Location: Atlanta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the [inappropriate/removed] was that? SMH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group