Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT: Giants @ Eagles Didn't we just have this thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
WHAT THE ... IS GOING ON WITH THIS TEAM?!

When you have a choice between picking Clowney, Barr or even Matthews and winning meaningless game you always pick option number 1... But not the Giants... We have to suffer through 6 weeks of losing, then we start to get excited for the future, and the draft, and suddenly we start winning?! And those are sh... wins... No points scored by the offense, our defense couldn't stop the turnover machine Matt Barkley, the worst QB in this years draft? YAY! We Won!! We're moving up and we'll end up picking 15-16 and selecting a no-name!

I hate this team.... I was looking forward to 2014, with the new coach, but guess what, we're going 8-8 at best through the next few years, and we'll still be stuck with a zombie from the Walking Dead as our HC....

No team tries to lose.. get over yourself. We're 2 games behind the divisional lead and these players and coaches are fighting for their jobs. Not what pick they're getting next year. Some fan you are.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Not sure how to feel Laughing

I'm incredibly aggravated. Sure we won, but we're winning the most meaningless games. This is a loaded draft though, but considering we cant draft if our life depends on it we'll end up with a 3 star lineman.

The only thing that would make this season salvageable is if we won the Superbowl. Anything less will just be a disappointment.

Not a Knicks fan
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we turned the damn ball over 6 times week 1, and had a chance to drive to win it at the end. We win that game, we're tied for first.

And tbh, if we win that game, im sure we play better the next few games with less pressure.
Rase

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:

When you have a choice between picking Clowney, Barr or even Matthews and winning meaningless game you always pick option number 1... But not the Giants... We have to suffer through 6 weeks of losing, then we start to get excited for the future, and the draft, and suddenly we start winning?! And those are sh... wins... No points scored by the offense, our defense couldn't stop the turnover machine Matt Barkley, the worst QB in this years draft? YAY! We Won!! We're moving up and we'll end up picking 15-16 and selecting a no-name!

I hate this team.... I was looking forward to 2014, with the new coach, but guess what, we're going 8-8 at best through the next few years, and we'll still be stuck with a zombie from the Walking Dead as our HC....

No team tries to lose.. get over yourself. We're 2 games behind the divisional lead and these players and coaches are fighting for their jobs. Not what pick they're getting next year. Some fan you are.

Sure. But still, from what I saw there's basically nothing to be optimistic about. We couldn't get anything going on offense, while statistically defense looked promising, given what I saw today was disappointing, no improvement, we were extremly lucky to get the Eagles this week. We can't rely on luck when we play a very good team like the Eagles. I get what you're saying with "players and coaches are fighting for their jobs" but looking at the roster the only players who are fighting for their jobs are the ones that are on the bench. The only position that is fighting for it is HB. Others are pretty much guaranteed a spot on the roster, and the starting position.
I'm a Polish fan not an American one!

So I'll ask you what are you optimistic about?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:

Sure. But still, from what I saw there's basically nothing to be optimistic about. We couldn't get anything going on offense, while statistically defense looked promising, given what I saw today was disappointing, no improvement, we were extremly lucky to get the Eagles this week. We can't rely on luck when we play a very good team like the Eagles. I get what you're saying with "players and coaches are fighting for their jobs" but looking at the roster the only players who are fighting for their jobs are the ones that are on the bench. The only position that is fighting for it is HB. Others are pretty much guaranteed a spot on the roster, and the starting position.

Uhh how about winning? The fact that we can actually win games? That we're not disgracing our team, players, and coaches by losing each and every week? Do you really just want to lose every single week? Don't even bother watching another game then.
Rase

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:

Uhh how about winning? The fact that we can actually win games? That we're not disgracing our team, players, and coaches by losing each and every week? Do you really just want to lose every single week? Don't even bother watching another game then.

So you actually believe that winning games is a skill or a trait and not just a result of a match?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:

So you actually believe that winning games is a skill or a trait and not just a result of a match?

No, it takes zero skill to win an NFL game. The fact that the defense played lights out, tallied 4 sacks, shut down one of the most explosive RB in the NFL to under 50 yards rushing in both games, hasn't let up an offensive point in 3 games should be completely disregarded. We should just suck for the rest of the season, humiliate and disgrace our organization, just so we can draft one player and then our team will be amazing!!!
Rase

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:

No, it takes zero skill to win an NFL game. The fact that the defense played lights out, tallied 4 sacks, shut down one of the most explosive RB in the NFL to under 50 yards rushing in both games, hasn't let up in offensive point in 3 games should be completely disregarded. We should just suck for the rest of the season, humiliate and disgrace our organization, just so we can draft one player and then our team will be amazing!!!

Well now I'm quite confused because in the previous post you said "Can win games" applying that winning games is a skill, and now you're saying what I said that winning game is an outcome of a match between teams with players who possess certain skills.

IMO our Defense played a good game, did what they were supposed to do, but in no way was this a "lights-out" performance. We tallied 4 sacks, half of them were by Defensive backs, that explains that our DLine is improving but still is playing extremly bad. Sure the stats say that we ended up allowing under 50 yards to Shady but the truth is that the Eagles didn't give him enough touches to create a running game, and the ineptitude of their passing game allowed us to creep up a little bit on early downs. I only recall 2 games when we didn't allow an offensive TD.
Week 1 - 2 TDs
Week 2 - 4 TDs
Week 3 - 5 TDs
Week 4 - 3 TDs
Week 5 - 3 TDs
Week 6 - 2 TDs
Week 7 - NO TD
Week 8 - No TD

"humiliate and disgrace our organization" - In what way losing is humiliating and disgracing the organization?

"just so we can draft one player and then our team will be amazing" - I don't know if you also notice this but our entire team is in a state of stagnation. Bringing in new blood could possibly turn things around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are 2-6. The optimist people can say we are only 2 games back of a playoff spot. The people who want a high draft pick can say we are the 4th worst team. A lot can happen between now and the draft. Enjoy whatever side you are on, but don't get so angry when the other side wants something else
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
We are 2-6. The optimist people can say we are only 2 games back of a playoff spot. The people who want a high draft pick can say we are the 4th worst team. A lot can happen between now and the draft. Enjoy whatever side you are on, but don't get so angry when the other side wants something else

Voice of reason

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Beason is the reason the defense has turned it around. A true leader.
Rase

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Acgott wrote:

Voice of reason

That's why we love him <3 ... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:

No, I refuse to enjoy this season Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Jon Beason is the reason the defense has turned it around. A true leader.

He has helped, don't get me wrong, but the defense was playing well before he came. They just got tired out from the 100 turnovers.

No turnovers, defense looks great
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Rase wrote:

No, it takes zero skill to win an NFL game. The fact that the defense played lights out, tallied 4 sacks, shut down one of the most explosive RB in the NFL to under 50 yards rushing in both games, hasn't let up in offensive point in 3 games should be completely disregarded. We should just suck for the rest of the season, humiliate and disgrace our organization, just so we can draft one player and then our team will be amazing!!!

Well now I'm quite confused because in the previous post you said "Can win games" applying that winning games is a skill, and now you're saying what I said that winning game is an outcome of a match between teams with players who possess certain skills.

IMO our Defense played a good game, did what they were supposed to do, but in no way was this a "lights-out" performance. We tallied 4 sacks, half of them were by Defensive backs, that explains that our DLine is improving but still is playing extremly bad. Sure the stats say that we ended up allowing under 50 yards to Shady but the truth is that the Eagles didn't give him enough touches to create a running game, and the ineptitude of their passing game allowed us to creep up a little bit on early downs. I only recall 2 games when we didn't allow an offensive TD.
Week 1 - 2 TDs
Week 2 - 4 TDs
Week 3 - 5 TDs
Week 4 - 3 TDs
Week 5 - 3 TDs
Week 6 - 2 TDs
Week 7 - NO TD
Week 8 - No TD

"humiliate and disgrace our organization" - In what way losing is humiliating and disgracing the organization?

"just so we can draft one player and then our team will be amazing" - I don't know if you also notice this but our entire team is in a state of stagnation. Bringing in new blood could possibly turn things around.

OK, I apologize instead of saying "so we can win games" I should have said "so our players can possess certain skills to dictate the result of a match". I thought that would be implied, but I guess not.

You can't say our DL is playing extremely bad when they play a game and total 4 sacks and completely shut down any possible run game. You can say JPP is not playing nearly at the level that he should be playing, which is most likely a result of him just coming off a back surgery a couple months ago. But to say our DL is playing extremely bad is just incorrect. They are actually improving as they showed signs of life last game and then put up the numbers this game. And I think it's safe to say JPP can only get better.

In what way is losing humiliating and disgracing our organization? Do I even need to answer this? So you don't want us to win another game this season, so we finish 2-14, be one of the worst teams in the NFL, a laughing stock to the rest of the teams in the NFL. Any team playing the Giants it's an automatic win. Do you seriously have any pride in your team? So all for the reason we can draft one player, who's certainly not guaranteed NFL success, while ignoring the other 90% of the problems that coexists with being a 2 win team. No thanks, I'd rather have our players and team play better, which they have recently, so we can once again be a threatening team and superbowl contenders. Not the worst, or second worst, team in the NFL. But to each his own.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: