Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
1. Cedric Ogbuehi-OT-Texas A&M
I think he stays another year but he'll be the best player on the board where we're picking if he forgoes his SR year. Will move to LT and give Carson some time to throw.

Good realistic pick. He'd be smart to stay another year though and possibly be a top 10 pick.

Quote:
2. Darqueze Dennard-CB-Michigan State
Really likes his physicality and coverage ability. Him and PP21 would make it very difficult for teams to throw against us.

I like him a lot. I think he'll give up big plays in the NFL however, whether due to getting beat deep or giving up pass interferences. Not sure how you have guys ranked but in terms of 2nd roundish CBs I like Kyle Fuller a little more.

Quote:
3. Shilique Calhoun-DE-Michigan State
We draft from the same school in back to back rounds in the 2nd and 3rd like last year. Pretty raw but I love his pass rush ability and he can actually hold his own in the run game.

This guy is only a redshirt sophomore so I'm not sure how realistic this pick is. A guy like Marcus Smith from Louisville who is soaring up draft boards would be a good replacement pick here.

Quote:
4. Stephen Morris-QB-Miami
Here's our shot at a QB to sit and develop behind Palmer. Seems like a perfect fit in an air coryell offense. May never pan out but he's worth a gamble on.

I really don't think he'll pan out. Also think we could get him later in the draft. If Barkley and Nassib who received so much hype last year fell to the 4th I think we can get Morris (who's had a terrible year) later in the draft.

Quote:
5. Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
I can tell there's some Cards posters who really like this guy and it's hard not to. Very stout and reminds me a little bit of Calais. Will eventually replace Dockett and help maintain our excellent run defense.

He's a Day 2 prospect according to many but I like him as a prospect. I especially like that he's a long athlete. Having another tall DE to pair with Calais down the road would disrupt passing lanes for any QB. A guy like Josh Mauro would be more realistic here.

Quote:
6. Michael Campanero-WR-Wake Forest
Here's another shot at a quick slot receiver in the 6th round. Coming off a broken collarbone, he knows how to get open and has reliable hands.

I think Bruce Arians would demand somebody with track speed if we went after a WR in this draft. A guy like Tevin Reese or Robert Herron would make a good slot guy and deep threat.

Overall I like the first two picks a lot.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Quick Mock Draft

1. Cedric Ogbuehi-OT-Texas A&M
I think he stays another year but he'll be the best player on the board where we're picking if he forgoes his SR year. Will move to LT and give Carson some time to throw.

2. Darqueze Dennard-CB-Michigan State
Really likes his physicality and coverage ability. Him and PP21 would make it very difficult for teams to throw against us.

3. Shilique Calhoun-DE-Michigan State
We draft from the same school in back to back rounds in the 2nd and 3rd like last year. Pretty raw but I love his pass rush ability and he can actually hold his own in the run game.

4. Stephen Morris-QB-Miami
Here's our shot at a QB to sit and develop behind Palmer. Seems like a perfect fit in an air coryell offense. May never pan out but he's worth a gamble on.

5. Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
I can tell there's some Cards posters who really like this guy and it's hard not to. Very stout and reminds me a little bit of Calais. Will eventually replace Dockett and help maintain our excellent run defense.

6. Michael Campanero-WR-Wake Forest
Here's another shot at a quick slot receiver in the 6th round. Coming off a broken collarbone, he knows how to get open and has reliable hands.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Hate Morris, said that a few times.

Where is the LB help?

If we resign Matt S, we dont need DE help, but like the player, maybe a round later.

That first round OT is currently a RT, as Matthews plays LT and then again he has only one year of starting, I would rather go a lower ceiling guy with experience, like Hurst or Richardson, both can step in and play very well right away and have played LT before.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Hate Morris, said that a few times.

Where is the LB help?

If we resign Matt S, we dont need DE help, but like the player, maybe a round later.

That first round OT is currently a RT, as Matthews plays LT and then again he has only one year of starting, I would rather go a lower ceiling guy with experience, like Hurst or Richardson, both can step in and play very well right away and have played LT before.

Agreed on Morris.

Calhoun would be a OLB in a 3-4 so he got that covered.

A guy who I am really starting to like is Brandon Scherff from Iowa. Relatively under the radar until recently. He's a first round talent and would be a great pick to fill our need at LT. Monster run blocker and strong as a bull. In pass protection, he gets the most out of his solid athleticism by playing with sound technique. He's pro ready and also has experience at guard. You also have to like Iowa's tradition of producing NFL quality OL and the coaching he got from there. He's right up there with Bulunga and Reiff although he probably has a higher ceiling.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balunga was overrated IMO

Relief I liked a lot, have only seen 3 Iowa games, not enough sample size for me to say about Scherff, but he has looked good

I am a mad Fuller fan, he could be there in the third, if so a steal there, I do like the two Florida CBS too
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins from LSU is a decent LT prospect

He is a junior, starting to really come on too, I would have him over A&M kid at this stage in career
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

Shaughnessy has been playing a lot more LB than he has DE this season. Rucker is our primary backup at DE and doing a damn good job of it too.

I'm beginning to think that with the way our defense is operating a true pass rushing OLB is not really a need. We like to manufacture pass rush. We almost need 4-3 OLB's who are good pass rushers as well as coverage guys more so than true 3-4 OLB's.

With the way we run our defense I would love to see us throw Dansby, Minter, Abraham and Washington out there as starting LB's. Get Minter snaps. Get him rushing the passer, get him stuffing the run.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i thought i had seen Matt S at DE as well, maybe that has been at 4-3 more than 3-4 OLB

I like Rucker, he will probably resign i reckon.

I agree, hard to know what the system we are running going forward, have to believe it will skew 4-3 due to Bowles history.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSU vs FLA was like watching an NFL game.

Elite players everywhere.

Erving LT played really well, as did 2014 #1 overall Winston.

I would take any of the FSU receivers to play #3 for us next year, assuming we dont keep Roberts.

I did love the play of the Florida CBs who were excellent i thought, both would look good playing across from PP. I really hope one of them is there in the second round, or even if we took one in the first Smile
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

I'm beginning to think that with the way our defense is operating a true pass rushing OLB is not really a need. We like to manufacture pass rush. We almost need 4-3 OLB's who are good pass rushers as well as coverage guys more so than true 3-4 OLB's.

I agree that with the amount of time we blitz our middle linebackers, we can't have OLB's that are a huge liability in coverage. What do think of Kyle Van Noy in that kind of system?
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

I agree that with the amount of time we blitz our middle linebackers, we can't have OLB's that are a huge liability in coverage. What do think of Kyle Van Noy in that kind of system?

Well it's kinda obvious that we blitz so much because we don't have that pass rushing freak that gets pressure on his own. The only way we can get pressure is by manufacturing pressure. If this defense gets a top-level pass rusher they will be a top 5 defense. The Cardinals need that playmaking pass rusher that defenses have to double team.

And Kyle Van Noy is just a football player. I said on my 2014 Draft Big Board thread that he is Tyrann Matheiu as an OLB. He's not spectacular at everything but he just does everything well and has great instincts. I wouldn't spend a first round pick on him but I love him as a second round pick if he somehow falls to the Cardinals.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

Well it's kinda obvious that we blitz so much because we don't have that pass rushing freak that gets pressure on his own. The only way we can get pressure is by manufacturing pressure. If this defense gets a top-level pass rusher they will be a top 5 defense. The Cardinals need that playmaking pass rusher that defenses have to double team.

And Kyle Van Noy is just a football player. I said on my 2014 Draft Big Board thread that he is Tyrann Matheiu as an OLB. He's not spectacular at everything but he just does everything well and has great instincts. I wouldn't spend a first round pick on him but I love him as a second round pick if he somehow falls to the Cardinals.

I think you're exactly right. I think being able to generate a consistent pass rush while only rushing 4 would open up a lot of things for our D. We haven't really been able to do that in quite some time.

I really like Van Noy as well. He's a very fluid athlete. I love his pass rush ability and he also provides some coverage ability. I agree he's not our ideal 1st pick but I don't think taking him in the 1st would be the end of the world either.
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
IAmPacman wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

I think you're exactly right. I think being able to generate a consistent pass rush while only rushing 4 would open up a lot of things for our D. We haven't really been able to do that in quite some time.

I really like Van Noy as well. He's a very fluid athlete. I love his pass rush ability and he also provides some coverage ability. I agree he's not our ideal 1st pick but I don't think taking him in the 1st would be the end of the world either.

Yea I mean I just feel like the only player I would take over an OT or a QB in the first is a dynamic pass rusher. Don't get me wrong Van Noy is capable of pass rushing but he isn't that pass rusher that creates havoc for the opposing offensive line. He is just a very complete OLB.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're selling his pass rush skills a little short. He's very disruptive when asked to rush the passer. I mean the dude had 13 sacks his junior year. I like Barr, Mack, and Attaochu better as pass rushers but Van Noy might be the more complete football player(has like 7 career picks). I think he can be an 8+ sack a year type player while also contributing in a lot of other ways.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as we blitz inside backers, do we look for Tampa 2 cover style backers then?

Or with their tendencies ?

Slim pickings this year really want someone with excellent cover skills
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question that sort of shapes this - can Kevin Minter become an every down ILB (can he get better in coverage to where he can do that)?

We've seen how valuable Karlos is - just wondering if Minter can shed the thumper label eventually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 7 of 29

Jump to: