Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not arguing for him to be a Cardinal. I like what we have in Minter and DWash. I do believe he is better than Minter though and a pretty nice prospect.

Auburn Game

0:13 Fills a hold and tackles Mason for a 3 yard gain.
0:21 Takes on a blocker, makes a tackle on Mason for a 3 yard gain.
0:28 Gets through cleanly on a blitz and flushes Marshall out of the pocket.
1:48 Gets outside contain on QB forcing Marshall to hand off to Mason for a 3 yard gain.
1:57 Gets outside contain on Mason forcing him back inside while making a tackle for a 2 yard gain.
2:16 Delivers a big hit on Coates on a completed pass for a 1st down. Made presence felt.
2:23 Comes off a block and makes a tackle on Mason for a 2 yard gain.
2:33 Takes on Mason as a blocker pushing him backwards and collapsing pocket leading to a sack.
3:51 Takes on a blocker and makes a tackle on Marshall for a 7 yard gain.
4:58 Makes a one-on-one stop on Marshall for a 10 yard gain on what could have been for much more.
5:09 Comes off block to make a tackle on Mason for a 3 yard gain.
5:16 Fights through traffic to make a tackle on Mason for a gain of 5 yards.
6:00 Meets Mason with others for a 3 yard gain.
6:15 Quickly sheds a block and makes a tackle on #44 for no gain.
6:43 Provides enough coverage on Coates to force Marshall into a sack.

He may not be a highlight reel (neither was Minter) but he is a very solid impactful defender. Who appears to be very smart and a good leader.

Also notice how frequently he is able to take on blockers and still make plays. This is something Shazier struggles with.

And he did everything right on the goal line play. Mason just barely falls forward crossing the goal line. Absolutely did not get ran over. Mason is no scrub either.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you guys feel if we were to pick up a guy like Tre Mason in the 3rd round? I love what we have in Ellington but it's possible he's only a 15 touch per game type of back. Give Mason 15 touches per game of his own and we've got two very talented players getting the ball a solid, healthy, amount. I like Stepfan Taylor but he doesn't have the talent of Mason.

Would this be a wasted pick?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like touching running backs in the first 4 rounds. Too big of a crap shoot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I don't like touching running backs in the first 4 rounds. Too big of a crap shoot

Haha I haven't forgotten your thoughts on drafting RBs. I need someone else's opinion.
holeman1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
How would you guys feel if we were to pick up a guy like Tre Mason in the 3rd round? I love what we have in Ellington but it's possible he's only a 15 touch per game type of back. Give Mason 15 touches per game of his own and we've got two very talented players getting the ball a solid, healthy, amount. I like Stepfan Taylor but he doesn't have the talent of Mason.

Would this be a wasted pick?

im not sure... I think that a combo of Taylor, Dwyer, and Ellington should do the trick, and we would probably would throw Williams in the mix as a wild-card too, so a 5th guy is not needed.

also Im not a huge fan of mason... he was a guy that played behind Greg Robinson and had a very O-line to work behind, also his receiving and pass-blocking are bad.

I we were to get a RB I LOVE Marion Grice out of Arizona State, he is as fast as hell and can be a Up-the-gut runner when he needs to be, also is one of the best (if not the best) receiving running back in the draft, he also is a 5th/6th round guy se we can pick him up late
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I just wanna throw this question out there, am I the only one who finds Greg Robinson to be vastly overrated?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about Williams. He's really gonna have to impress to make the team.

Mason is a very quick decisive back who runs with lots of power. I don't see any way he's not a productive back in the NFL.

When we took Williams I was fully shocked at the time because I thought we were already set at RB with Wells and Hightower I believe. Which makes me think drafting a guy like Mason that high isn't that out of the question even considering our current RB situation.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
And I just wanna throw this question out there, am I the only one who finds Greg Robinson to be vastly overrated?

No. I seriously question his ability to pass protect. But his run blocking is legit elite. Never seen such a powerful run blocker. I would draft him high purely as an OL not really caring where he played along the line just as long as we got the run game production out of him.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is off the charts in run blocking

Pass blocking is really unknown as Auburn rolled out a lot and he wasn't protecting the pocket a great deal

He has quick feet, but he is a work in progress for sure.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a punt on Crowell formerly of UGA in the 6th.

He has size and talent to be a good one, but lacks maturity, hopefully the humbling move to 1AA helped him.

Plus he hasn't had the carries in college others do, so the wear and tear factor is really low
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously think Robinson will end up just like Levi, only for his sake I hope he gets moved to guard or right tackle early on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I seriously think Robinson will end up just like Levi, only for his sake I hope he gets moved to guard or right tackle early on

Yeh history is almost repeating

Though I think Robinson has better feet than Levi

Almost identical in size though
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently ASJ ran a 4.56 40 and posted a 37.5" vertical in a private workout with the Jets. This was all at 6'6" 271#. Sounds like he's healthy and will be long gone by our pick in the 2nd round.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Apparently ASJ ran a 4.56 40 and posted a 37.5" vertical in a private workout with the Jets. This was all at 6'6" 271#. Sounds like he's healthy and will be long gone by our pick in the 2nd round.

I was just starting to come around to him to and had him locked in as our 2nd round pick.

Surprisingly, I also went back and watched some more Calvin Pryor and liked what I saw enough to pick him at #20.
Plucky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:

eh he doesn't play like that one tape, I don't want him, also I heard he interviewed poorly. Sounds to me like jets put a ploy out there to get others interested so they can grab ebron or someone else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: