Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Shazier or Mosley so there you go

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
I just dont get the Shazier hype

I watched alot of OSU games and yes he plays well, but i didnt see a superstar there.

Exactly. Everyone is just drooling over the guy because of his speed. He's very vulnerable to giving up big plays.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
holeman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

I watched alot of OSU games and yes he plays well, but i didnt see a superstar there.

Exactly. Everyone is just drooling over the guy because of his speed. He's very vulnerable to giving up big plays.

he is good but to me he should convert so safety because his ability to get dirty in the trenches is very weak, he is just not that versatile when compared to Mosley, which can cover AND get dirty in the trenches well.

Last edited by holeman1 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:

Better athlete than football player.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Shazier is out

Can someone let Kiem know please.

ILB class is weak this year, I like Smallwood from Uconn, but limited other players really.
holeman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA visited Logan Thomas today, what do you think? is this yet another smokescreen or is this finally a real-deal visit?
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
BA visited Logan Thomas today, what do you think? is this yet another smokescreen or is this finally a real-deal visit?

I believe it is legit, wouldnt have been worth it otherwise

Depends on how highly we rate him

I am 4th round at best.
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I would take shazier at 20, would be even better at 30 but I wouldn't even think twice about it. I was a huge Bobby Wagner homer a couple years ago, I think Shazier could be better than him. You all saw what dansby did in this scheme, imagine a better bobby wagner, a better dansby next to dwash. drooling
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I would take shazier at 20, would be even better at 30 but I wouldn't even think twice about it. I was a huge Bobby Wagner homer a couple years ago, I think Shazier could be better than him. You all saw what dansby did in this scheme, imagine a better bobby wagner, a better dansby next to dwash. drooling

ps you all are crazy about shazier, better athlete than fb player, and no superstar, just wait and see. Sig it if you want but in 2-3 years he will be top 5 ILB baring injury.

Also when I talk about him playing OLB combo also this is what I envision, watch around 1:30 secs

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/ryan-shazier-vs-california-2013/
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
Plucky wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

ps you all are crazy about shazier, better athlete than fb player, and no superstar, just wait and see. Sig it if you want but in 2-3 years he will be top 5 ILB baring injury.

Also when I talk about him playing OLB combo also this is what I envision, watch around 1:30 secs

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/ryan-shazier-vs-california-2013/

He plays out of control, over pursues and takes multiple false steps on most plays. That is where better athlete than football player comes from.

Put him at WLB in a 4-3 and let him make those mistakes and you get a productive player. Put him at ILB in a 3-4 or a 4-3 and you are taking a big risk.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Plucky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just watched mosely vs auburn and omg he is horrid. What do people see in this guy? He has no sideline to sideline speed and pretty bad instincts. He had one shot (1v1) to stop the rb from scoring at the 1 and got ran over. I didn't see anything even remotely special. Shazier and head and shoulders above any ILB in this draft and has the flexibility to play OLB for us too. Wayy better blitzer too
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
just watched mosely vs auburn and omg he is horrid. What do people see in this guy? He has no sideline to sideline speed and pretty bad instincts. He had one shot (1v1) to stop the rb from scoring at the 1 and got ran over. I didn't see anything even remotely special. Shazier and head and shoulders above any ILB in this draft and has the flexibility to play OLB for us too. Wayy better blitzer too

Dude he had 14 tackles that game and was probably Alabama's best defender that day. He went after the wrong ball carrier a couple times but Auburn has a tendency of making defenders look silly.

He met Mason(?) at the goal line for a near stop but I wouldn't call him getting ran over. Also made at least one open field tackle on Marshall which isn't easy. Practically knocked a pass locking RB into Marshall for a sack on a blitz. Was really all over the field.
Plucky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Plucky wrote:

Dude he had 14 tackles that game and was probably Alabama's best defender that day. He went after the wrong ball carrier a couple times but Auburn has a tendency of making defenders look silly.

He met Mason(?) at the goal line for a near stop but I wouldn't call him getting ran over. Also made at least one open field tackle on Marshall which isn't easy. Practically knocked a pass locking RB into Marshall for a sack on a blitz. Was really all over the field.

I don't care about their tendency he read it wrong didn't have the athleticism to counter and gave up a TD because of it. Near stop at the goaline doesn't cut it he should have put that rb on his back and saved the TD (failed again). Don't care how many tackles he had, hardly any were at or behind the line, most 5-6-7 or more yards past the line. If I wasn't looking for his number I wouldn't even have noticed he played, non-impact player.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably around half of his tackles were within 3-4 yards of the LOS. Can't think of a player on that defense whose positive play stuck out more than Mosley's that day. But check out Mosley vs LSU and Arkansas. Makes plenty of plays behind/around LOS and makes numerous plays in pass game.
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Probably around half of his tackles were within 3-4 yards of the LOS. Can't think of a player on that defense whose positive play stuck out more than Mosley's that day. But check out Mosley vs LSU and Arkansas. Makes plenty of plays behind/around LOS and makes numerous plays in pass game.

No offensive but I'm still in search of this statement. Please show me a play where he altered the game for his team because I can't find it. Tell me where to go
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cj-mosley-vs-auburn-2013/

Watched the Arkansas game, which in aspect was better, but oh my lord their line is just terrible especially the guards. He got off blocks/avoided them nicely but I think its more to the tune of the inept of that line. They are a sorry sack. Also not to mention he dropped 3 pics in 2 games I watched, 1 nice tip in the air, has to improve at the next level. I honestly see no upside in his game and his skill is just average for the next level. He will get abused by TE down the seam and I'd hate for him to try to cover speed sweeps he has no burst. He is however very intelligent and a pretty good hitter. About to watch the lsu game

Edit - lsu game complete, some nice plays, hits, but again nothing that blows my mind that warrants a 1st round talent. 3 more drops that could have been picks, Honestly everything he brings we already have in Kevin Minter there is no need for him on this defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: