Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: 2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread Reply with quote

We have a good talk going about QBs in the other thread so I thought we could discuss non-QB prospects here.Tell me who you like, who you don't like, and why?

Like:
Jason Verrett CB: I think this guy will be a great CB in the NFL. He's small but he's aggressive and quick and has great ball skills. A comparison of the top of my head would be Asante Samuel.

LaMarcus Joyner CB/S: Maybe we can't afford to have another small player in our secondary but this guy is about the closest thing to Tyrann Mathieu as there is in college football. Undersized but very instinctive, good ball skills, and makes in impact in all facets of defense. He sacks the QB, forces fumbles, intercepts passes, and wraps up well. Also has a lot of experience playing safety.

Antone Exum CB/S: For some reason I've been scouting secondary players pretty heavily. You haven't seen this guy play yet this year because he's recovering from a bad leg injury. However, He's big (6'0" 220) for a CB but also has speed (4.45-4.5). He was a 2nd round pick to many before his injury but I've had him as my 4th round pick for awhile.

Isaiah Crowell RB: It was awhile ago but this guy was the #1 RB out of high school and SEC freshmen of the year in 2011. He got kicked out of Georgia for weapons charges (later dropped). He's a character risk but this guy has incredible talent to go with good size. I saw a couple of his games for Alabama State. It's embarrassing how much better he is than everybody. RB is one of those positions where physical talent can eventually win out.

Keith Price QB: Ok I don't think he's a 1st or 2nd round pick but this guy has some Russell Wilson in his game. He's a pass-first QB but he can evade pressure and pick up yards with his feet. He's got the intangibles and anticipates throws well. He's especially good at the back shoulder throw. He's hit more of them than the other guys I've watched. He's taller than Wilson but doesn't have the arm he has. It's at least average though. Watch the Stanford game. Needs to be much more consistent though.

Dislike:
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE: I think he's overrated as an athlete. He's big, has good hands, and could develop into a devastating blocker, but I don't think his potential is what others make it out to be. He doesn't have that deep speed or quick burst.

Jackson Jeffcoat OLB: He's not a very consistent player. Again, he's a good but not great athlete and he doesn't have much power to his game.

Jeff Matthews QB: I can't believe he was getting first round hype on this site. He's got the physical tools but he's very erratic and against the competition he's facing, I expect dominance week in and week out to be a early round pick.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to get a Left Tackle look no further than Cameron Erving at Florida State.

Sleeper at the position is Sean Hickey from Syracuse.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
If we want to get a Left Tackle look no further than Cameron Erving at Florida State.

Erving did dominate Beasley of Clemson on the weekend, very impressive, even though I think Beasley is overrated imo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

I really hope a lot of these Redshirt Juniors declare this year. Erving I like a lot. He makes some mental errors because he's still learning the position but you stick him on an island and all he has to worry about is his defensive end and he's tough to beat.

How would you rank the top tackles? Here's mine.

1. Jake Matthews
2. Taylor Lewan
3. Cameron Erving
4. Cyrus Kouandjio
5. Antonio Richardson
6. James Hurst
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:

I really hope a lot of these Redshirt Juniors declare this year. Erving I like a lot. He makes some mental errors because he's still learning the position but you stick him on an island and all he has to worry about is his defensive end and he's tough to beat.

How would you rank the top tackles? Here's mine.

1. Jake Matthews
2. Taylor Lewan
3. Cameron Erving
4. Cyrus Kouandjio
5. Antonio Richardson
6. James Hurst

Matthews, Erving, Lewan, Richardson, Hurst my top 5 at this stage.

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson has been awful this year, I'm gonna be passing on him. Lewan by far my favorite. Matthews is 2nd. Erving 3rd. Koujo is 4th

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Richardson has been awful this year, I'm gonna be passing on him. Lewan by far my favorite. Matthews is 2nd. Erving 3rd. Koujo is 4th

Koujo has in college the same issues Levi Brown had throughout his career in the NFL.

Starts OK, beaten a couple of times by the outside rush. Repeatedly overcommits outside and is repeatedly beaten inside.

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Koujo has in college the same issues Levi Brown had throughout his career in the NFL.

Starts OK, beaten a couple of times by the outside rush. Repeatedly overcommits outside and is repeatedly beaten inside.

And that is why he is not in my top 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deone Bucannon- Safety- Washington State

Anyone seen much of him?

Appears to be a very fluid athlete and has a reputation for being a big hitter (almost in a negative sense). I've only been able to watch him against Oregon last year. A game in which he picked off Mariota twice.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 biggest needs going into offseason/draft: LT, QB, OLB, SS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A prospect who intrigues me in Michael Sam from Mizzou. Has 9 sacks already. plays 4-3 DE but might be best suited at 3-4 OLB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Jones ILB Florida State (6'4" 235 lbs.): He is my favorite ILB in this year's draft and I see even more D Wash in this guy than I do in Denzel Perryman. Not only is he built like D Wash, he also runs like D Wash. He runs a 4.62 40 compared to D Wash at 4.66. From what I've seen on tape Jones has excellent instincts. I really feel like Jones is going to be taken in the second round like D Wash was and will end up being just as good of a player in the nfl. I know we have Dansby but D Wash plus Jones would be a beyond scary combo.

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Alabama (6'1" 206 lbs.): Really doubt there is any possibilty the Cardinals take him but I like him a lot. Big physical safety with good instincts. Him and Matheiu on the same field.... Shocked

Dislikes:

C.J. Mosley OLB Alabama (6'2 232 lbs.): He's slow to the ball and always doesn't take the best path to the ball carrier. I feel like he is a product of Alabama's system and will not do well on an NFL team that is not full of talent.

Zach Mettenberger QB LSU (6'5 230 lbs.): He has to be the player I dislike the most in this year's draft. The thought of investing a first-second round pick on this guy is just foolish. I have stated it before and he is Carson Palmer 2.0. He has such slow feet and poor pocket presence and his accuracy is spotty at best. I don't care if he has a big arm, there is no way he will survive behind the Cardinals O-line. I really think the Cardinals would be downgrading if they took Mettenberger. Not a fan to say the least...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Clinton-Dix too but the red flags are present. I like/hate how Seattle has studs everywhere in the secondary and wish we could do the same. I also think we could use a CB upgrade. Powers sucks and Cason looks like he should retire.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like HaHa, but it was only a loan of under $500, kid probably needed to eat or pay for some expenses for his family? That is ok for me.

I love Chrstian Jones, not only as a Nole homer, but he can flat our play, he is playing heaps of 4-3 DE atm, which in the current FSU defense is really a 3-4 OLB position, as we are playing 3-3-5 atm.

That being said, I also have massive man crush on Telvin Smith, who is the WLB/MLB for FSU as well, moves like DW, almost a clone, would be brilliant depth pick in mid rounds, also has size and speed to play SS as he goes 6'2 and 220.

I still think we need to go G next draft another solid high pick (2-3 round), as khodder says, line is built from inside out. Fanika is not starting caliber, assuming Coops can slot in at LG next year and Colledge is gone we need someone to play RG and so far it isnt Massie.

I think C is fine, Lyle is grading out best among our lineman atm, that is either really good for him or an indication on how bad the rest of the line is atm.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
I like HaHa, but it was only a loan of under $500, kid probably needed to eat or pay for some expenses for his family? That is ok for me.

Yeah it's a joke that some people log that under "character concern." Suspending these kids for something that isn't morally wrong in any way is turning into a witch hunt.

Quote:
I still think we need to go G next draft another solid high pick (2-3 round), as khodder says, line is built from inside out. Fanika is not starting caliber, assuming Coops can slot in at LG next year and Colledge is gone we need someone to play RG and so far it isnt Massie.

My issue with going guard is that with Cooper at LG, we still have Colledge (who has actually played well this season) and Watford (a guy with starting potential). I'm hoping Watford steps up at some point this year and makes it an easy decision to cut Colledge, save money, and save a draft pick.

Quote:
I think C is fine, Lyle is grading out best among our lineman atm, that is either really good for him or an indication on how bad the rest of the line is atm.

There are some really good centers out there though. Travis Swanson (arkansas) and Tyler Larson (Utah State) are both 4 year starters and could probably step in right away and play better than Lyle IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: