You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IAmPacman


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 847
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Jones and Joyner from FSU blowing up today

Would look awesome in cardinal red

We can fit Joyner in too, even though he is 5'8, solid tackler and real football player

I REALLY want Christian Jones on this football team.
_________________
#HundleyBackToAZ or #BortlesToAZ or #CarrToAZ
Daryl Washington is the best ILB in the league
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5925
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man, come to my side of thinking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 9388
Location: Valley of the Sun
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen a whole lot of Jones, could he possibly be an OLB or is he strictly a ILB
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4490
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Murphy is probably my favorite prospect in this whole draft. Tough, strong, and physical but he's also not too bad in coverage and at least gets his hands up for a lot of pass breakups. Definitely knows how to get to the QB . He will always be the meanest guy on the field. Needs to get better at tackling in open space.

Also he's from Arizona so...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IAmPacman


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 847
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Haven't seen a whole lot of Jones, could he possibly be an OLB or is he strictly a ILB

Honestly seems like could be just about anything. He lines up as a DE now but last year he was more of an ILB/OLB. I feel like he excels more as an ILB but he should be able to play OLB in the NFL too
_________________
#HundleyBackToAZ or #BortlesToAZ or #CarrToAZ
Daryl Washington is the best ILB in the league
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mtdowner


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1259
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Trent Murphy is probably my favorite prospect in this whole draft. Tough, strong, and physical but he's also not too bad in coverage and at least gets his hands up for a lot of pass breakups. Definitely knows how to get to the QB . He will always be the meanest guy on the field. Needs to get better at tackling in open space.

Also he's from Arizona so...


I'm a big fan of his as well. We were in the same graduating class in high school. Think he is better suited as a DE but either way it would be really cool if he ended up back in AZ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Lamarcus Joyner.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4490
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I <3 Lamarcus Joyner.


Same. Reminds me a lot of Mathieu. How would that work having both on the field at the same time? Could Joyner excel as an outside CB in a base defense with Mathieu at FS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
I <3 Lamarcus Joyner.


Same. Reminds me a lot of Mathieu. How would that work having both on the field at the same time? Could Joyner excel as an outside CB in a base defense with Mathieu at FS?


Just rotate the two at FS/slot CB. Mathieu majority in the slot, better blitzer than LJ. Joyner at FS, better deep man than TM.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4490
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
I <3 Lamarcus Joyner.


Same. Reminds me a lot of Mathieu. How would that work having both on the field at the same time? Could Joyner excel as an outside CB in a base defense with Mathieu at FS?


Just rotate the two at FS/slot CB. Mathieu majority in the slot, better blitzer than LJ. Joyner at FS, better deep man than TM.


Yeah but what about our base defense with no slot CB? I wouldn't want either to come off the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7285
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Trent Murphy is probably my favorite prospect in this whole draft. Tough, strong, and physical but he's also not too bad in coverage and at least gets his hands up for a lot of pass breakups. Definitely knows how to get to the QB . He will always be the meanest guy on the field. Needs to get better at tackling in open space.

Also he's from Arizona so...


I'm a big fan of his as well. We were in the same graduating class in high school. Think he is better suited as a DE but either way it would be really cool if he ended up back in AZ.


I went to high school with him as well. You graduated from BCP in '09?
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5925
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
I <3 Lamarcus Joyner.


Same. Reminds me a lot of Mathieu. How would that work having both on the field at the same time? Could Joyner excel as an outside CB in a base defense with Mathieu at FS?


Just rotate the two at FS/slot CB. Mathieu majority in the slot, better blitzer than LJ. Joyner at FS, better deep man than TM.


I would say the opposite khodder, but like that everyone loves him as much as I do
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5925
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Haven't seen a whole lot of Jones, could he possibly be an OLB or is he strictly a ILB

Honestly seems like could be just about anything. He lines up as a DE now but last year he was more of an ILB/OLB. I feel like he excels more as an ILB but he should be able to play OLB in the NFL too


He can play everything and has so far, ilb, OLB and DE

He is 6'4 250 a beast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mtdowner


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1259
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Trent Murphy is probably my favorite prospect in this whole draft. Tough, strong, and physical but he's also not too bad in coverage and at least gets his hands up for a lot of pass breakups. Definitely knows how to get to the QB . He will always be the meanest guy on the field. Needs to get better at tackling in open space.

Also he's from Arizona so...


I'm a big fan of his as well. We were in the same graduating class in high school. Think he is better suited as a DE but either way it would be really cool if he ended up back in AZ.


I went to high school with him as well. You graduated from BCP in '09?


Yessir, I did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mtdowner


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1259
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Trevor Reilly, DE/OLB in a mock draft. Watched him against USC and did a little research.

I am now a big fan. Good size, very athletic and moves very well in coverage. Has an awesome spin move. I would feel very comfortable with him in the 2nd.

I may be very slowly opening up to the idea of not replacing Palmer immediately but finding a blind side protector first and giving Palmer another year. Drafting a QB to develop would be ideal in that scenario. But really need to see how he finishes out the season before definitively thinking in that way.

Just found out he will be 26 by draft day. Definitely a bit of a turnoff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group