Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can the 2014 Vikings be the 2013 Chiefs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krauser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can the 2014 Vikings be the 2013 Chiefs?

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states, "Any headline which ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem with the Vikings is that when they say they're going to rebuild they never truly rebuild, just go out and sign free agents. This is why, imo, they are a team that perpetually treads water. They have one of the best winning percentages in the league over the last 20 years but rarely have been seen as a threat to win the big one. Uncanny really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
I think the problem with the Vikings is that when they say they're going to rebuild they never truly rebuild, just go out and sign free agents. This is why, imo, they are a team that perpetually treads water. They have one of the best winning percentages in the league over the last 20 years but rarely have been seen as a threat to win the big one. Uncanny really.

Disagree. They have not traded away picks to get old vets. You can sign free agents, AND draft players. It is a fallacy you can't do both.

Now, they have not been willing to tear it down, and stink for 2 years, that is true.

The problem is that they don't have enough contributions from guys picked after round 1 for the last 5 years. Oh, and they haven't found a QB. And, the coaching is bad. And, they have completely ignored two positions in the draft for years.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

Disagree. They have not traded away picks to get old vets. You can sign free agents, AND draft players. It is a fallacy you can't do both.

Now, they have not been willing to tear it down, and stink for 2 years, that is true.

The problem is that they don't have enough contributions from guys picked after round 1 for the last 5 years. Oh, and they haven't found a QB. And, the coaching is bad. And, they have completely ignored two positions in the draft for years.

Perhaps it's time to get a regime that isn't promoted from within? Could be the system is just that stale.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
Perhaps it's time to get a regime that isn't promoted from within? Could be the system is just that stale.

Bingo. Whole organization needs a courtesy flush from top down.

As for the thread topic, no chance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:

Bingo. Whole organization needs a courtesy flush from top down.

As for the thread topic, no chance.

I LOLed at "courtesy flush."

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's also not forget that the Chiefs have played one winning team this season, and are playing about the easiest schedule possible.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Let's also not forget that the Chiefs have played one winning team this season, and are playing about the easiest schedule possible.

Well the Vikings will play an easier schedule as the will probably finish last.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've played against bad teams, with backup QB's.

They play Jason Campbell this week after having played Ryan Fitzpatrick and Case Keenum. They will also play Thad Lewis the week after next. We will see how good they really are when they play Peyton Manning twice, Philip Rivers twice, Andrew Luck, and RG III.

We saw what this Vikings team did with a last place schedule last year and they were a decent team. The problem is, the next year, you have to play a better schedule.
Azhais

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Second easiest, Broncos have the easiest. Even when they were both 6-0 the Chiefs won top seed due to strength of schedule.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs are certainly better talent-wise than the 2-14 team they were a year ago, but they aren't as good as their record would indicate now. When they face the Broncos, then we'll see that. They've been given gift after gift with their schedule and the timing of it.

They may go into the bye at 9-0, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them get throttled in Denver out of it....although Andy Reid had excelled out of the bye in Philly with an absurd 13-1 record.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The Chiefs are certainly better talent-wise than the 2-14 team they were a year ago, but they aren't as good as their record would indicate now. When they face the Broncos, then we'll see that. They've been given gift after gift with their schedule and the timing of it.

They may go into the bye at 9-0, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them get throttled in Denver out of it....although Andy Reid had excelled out of the bye in Philly with an absurd 13-1 record.

That Denver defence is just terrible, though.

None of the AFC teams looks like a powerhouse this year. The Chiefs could easily end up with HFA, and then the road to the Super goes through Arrowhead.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid is an excellent coach. We can only dream having a coach of his caliber.
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azhais wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Second easiest, Broncos have the easiest. Even when they were both 6-0 the Chiefs won top seed due to strength of schedule.

I think that is what "about the easiest schedule" means.
since72

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:

Couldn't agree more. The Childress slide-rule midWest Coast offense and the Pittsburgh Cover 2 were already stale when he was hired. The defense is running the same scheme for seven years and the offense has been anemic under two different OC's.

Unfortunately we have an owner who thinks he knows something about football. I know, I know... I shouldn't be the pot calling the kettle black but I don't presume to think I could make snap decisions on who the head coach should be and have it turn out right.

The good news is there is NOBODY within this whole coaching staff worth promoting.

Excuse me. I'm going to put on my purple tinted glasses and dream about the 2014 Vikings being the 1972 Dolphins. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: