Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans Saints waive Martez Wilson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: New Orleans Saints waive Martez Wilson Reply with quote

Quote:
@LarryHolder: RT @Kat_Terrell: Saints waive Martez Wilson, add Ryan Griffin to active roster.

m.twitter.com/LarryHolder

Wow. I did not see this coming at all.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Martez and wanted to see him fit in, but he just never did. From what Mike Tripplett was just Tweeting it sounds like he never really settled into any one spot with us. Sucks, hope he does well elsewhere.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
saintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?? Just to add a QB???

Adopt-A-Saint 2013
Keenan Lewis 41 tackles 10 PD 3 INT 1 FF
Pierre Thomas 136 car 521 yds 71 rec 503 yds 4 TDS
Porter22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
To keep a very talented guy who will be our backup next year. As others said before, Wilson didn't perform at all and there are many more talented defenders on our roster!
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:

FO obviously doesn't want to lose Griffin, and found Wilson expendable. Not too hard to see when you look at his on field appearances. I loved the guy, but he just wasn't working out.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New Orleans Saints waive Martez Wilson Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Quote:
@LarryHolder: RT @Kat_Terrell: Saints waive Martez Wilson, add Ryan Griffin to active roster.

m.twitter.com/LarryHolder

Wow. I did not see this coming at all.

Wilson was consistently blown up when ran at, He looked stiff as an 34 edge rusher and that was when he was healthy and on the field. I'm not surprised he was the one to go but this lets us al know just how dire the edge rusher position is in with this club.

Galette is ballin
Butler is Out
Wilson has been cut
Haralson has been serviceable

Start scoping out the potential 34 edge rushers coming into the 2014 draft guys. Haralson is on a one year deal, Butler will be coming off a torn ACL and this team will need to land a long-term edge rusher opposite Junior this upcoming ofseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Fray32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance we can retain him on our PS? he might slip past waivers / might not have draw a lot of interest. unlikely but you never know.

I hope we resign Haralson though. He's been good in our rotation.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
any chance we can retain him on our PS? he might slip past waivers / might not have draw a lot of interest. unlikely but you never know.

I highly doubt he'd make it through waivers and I think it is more of a deal where the Saints simply could not find the right role for WIlson and all his physical gifts. I believe the Griffin to the 53 will be like that for the remainder of the season. Wilson will catch on with another team and I wish him well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:

He was active for 16 games last year and 13 2 years ago, you have to have under 9 games active to be on the practice squad IIRC....

What do you think about him as a pass rusher. The Chargers right now are starting Thomas Kaiser at OLB, so we are in a good position to scoop him up potentially.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
spanky3801

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not agree with this. If anyone, cut Will Herring, Ingram, or the ever injured Vilma. The guy needed a chance. He has been moved from ILB, to OLB, to DE, finally to 3-4 OLB. This will end like the Jolan Dunbar deal.
Louisianapride

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
I do not agree with this. If anyone, cut Will Herring, Ingram, or the ever injured Vilma. The guy needed a chance. He has been moved from ILB, to OLB, to DE, finally to 3-4 OLB. This will end like the Jolan Dunbar deal.

that sounds like a heck of a lot of chances to me. It's not like we have a bunch of studs he had to beat out. I wish him well wherever he goes but it just was not happening
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat puzzled by this. But, it seems he never could fit right in the schemes. I wish him well wherever he goes.

^NS922 on the sig^
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Fray32 wrote:

He was active for 16 games last year and 13 2 years ago, you have to have under 9 games active to be on the practice squad IIRC....

What do you think about him as a pass rusher. The Chargers right now are starting Thomas Kaiser at OLB, so we are in a good position to scoop him up potentially.

He's more of an ILB. His pass rushing abilities from inside (sacked Cam Newton 4 times two years ago) are nutty. But he's not good in coverage or against the run (sometimes he was average from ILB).

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap

Tez was one of my favorite players. Although I'm shocked I can see the reasoning. No fit in our 4-2, our true base defense.

Adopt a Saint 2013
Malcolm Jenkins: 71 tckl, 3 PDef, 2 int, 2 ff, 2.5 sck
unfsaint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We screwed the pooch. Our (many) coaching staffs have failed Wilson. They jerked him around...trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole. He should have been in ILB from the very beginning...the position he played well in college and his rookie season. But the stupidity of our coaches ruined him.

I am not a football guy. I played pop-warner...then played baseball the rest of my life. But apparently the difference between me and the Saints coaching staffs is that I am not blind. From the very beginning I called moving Wilson to the outside a mistake. He is too stiff, couldn't run the arch, didn't have natural pass rush abilities, and wasn't very good in man coverage. I just described practically EVERY attribute of an OLB and DE. What he does well is attack the A gap with his elite quickness and his ability to overpower interior offensive linemen. He is also pretty good in zone coverage where he can use his speed and length to disrupt passing lanes. Again...I am a complete idiot when it comes to football and our defensive staffs have one up'ed me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: