Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: VIKINGS (1-5) vs. Packers (4-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byuvike88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
How does a win help this team? We aren't making the playoffs starting 1-6.

I don't really want to lose a top 10 pick.

I see the benefit of losing, but man i hate losing to the Packers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you start to loose deliberately, you don't get to evaluate the talent and players on your team...and that's more important than draft position. It's important because we we have to know what we have in our young players going into next years draft.

So instead of loosing on purpose, what you should do is play your young guys. But I'm sure that this coaching staff will play the veterans, even when we're 1-8, and here's why: suddenly, this team could look capable. What if they bring Chase Baker and he tears it up (as he did in pre-season?), what if they bring Blanton and he tears it up? What if they bring Mauti and suddenly our LB core looks capable? What if you get Patterson 50 snaps and 15 targets and he tears it up? What if they go man-press the whole game and shut down the opposing passing game? The coaches would sure look stupid to not bring them earlier.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Frazier is able to bring back memories of last year's last regular season game. We always play the Pack hard, especially at home.

I think they will be fired up, Ponder will be loosened up, which means he either will have a very bad game or a very good game. I wonder if he starts to call things Musgrave doesn't want. His primary concern right now is to position himself for a possible suitor in the off-season. That is in fact a good thing for us as it frees him up and we'll get to see what he is all about. Maybe, just maybe, bringing in Freemann will have at least this benefit.
SodakViking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
How does a win help this team? We aren't making the playoffs starting 1-6.

I don't really want to lose a top 10 pick.

I see the benefit of losing, but man i hate losing to the Packers.

honestly, i would sacrifice a couple spots in the top 10 just to win the last Vikes/Packers game at home.

that would make my year.

yankee0724 wrote:

Kevin Hart is to comedy what Brady Quinn is to the NFL QB.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Raymundo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
I'd say here's to a good game with no injuries, but I know better now than to expect us to make it through a game without someone new needing surgery.

So here's to a good game.

Dude, I'm laughing at your sig. Laughing
I know, it's supposed to be Caseum. I'm too lazy to fix it
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bold Statement: Lacey will be the MVP of this game.

Its underrated how often/well Packers run the ball and how bad the Vikings are at stopping it.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulWall_23 wrote:

Its underrated how often/well Packers run the ball and how bad the Vikings are at stopping it.

We are bad at stopping small shifty running backs. We are still quite good at stopping the power run.

Not afraid of Lacey.
SodakViking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
PaulWall_23 wrote:

We are bad at stopping small shifty running backs. We are still quite good at stopping the power run.

Not afraid of Lacey.

only way i really see Lacy causing big problems is through the passing game.

Rodgers probably throws over 400 this game.

yankee0724 wrote:

Kevin Hart is to comedy what Brady Quinn is to the NFL QB.
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this awful feeling the Vikings are going to win this game.

The Packers are on the road in a loud dome, they're missing Matthews, Cobb and Finley.

The Vikings have a lot of players (and coaches) fighting for their careers. If Ponder can overcome his white/purple colour-blindness they may have a chance.

Anxious

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek

Last edited by milanb on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into the selfish attitude of sacrificing wins to get a top-5 draft pick. When an organization goes through a bad season and changes GMs and coaches, then the following season, the new staff is given a pass to stink it up.

In this case, the Vikes did that when they went 3-13 and we landed Kalil and Smith in the 1st round. The Vikes also did it in Childress' first year and we landed AP. . .. Tice did it and he landed K-will.

Now, good coaching brings out the best in talent -- look at perennial playoff teams. Do they relish getting top-10 picks? No. They take the slot their given and they build their rosters with players that fit their team. Maybe Bilichek was lucky when Bledsoe got drilled and Brady did what he did -- but for that team at that time, it was Vrabel, Brushci and Washington that carried that team to it's SB wins. Sure Brady was, and is, a great media darling, but the Patriots won all those Super Bowls with guys picked in the latter parts of the draft rounds. New Orleans? Green Bay? Who else do you want to say is a perennial playoff contender? None of them built a sustained, long-term successful teams by routinely selecting top-5 players.

Even the Vikings of the 90s didn't pick top 15 very often.

So, although the anit-Frazier and Ponder camp of this forum is totally allowed to voice their opinion, it's not like those of us in favor of winning are so loyal quit being forum members if the Vikes lose this game . . . lol.

We aren't going away, and the Vikes will win some games coming up -- well, at least I hope they do Cool
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
PaulWall_23 wrote:

Not afraid of Lacey.

Lacey is shifty its not like he is Brandon Jacobs. Vikings aren't a great tackling team either.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad day in Valhalla when there are Vikings' fans that want the Vikings to lose to the Packers.

Records be damned, beating the Packers would still make it a good week. I don't care about draft position. That's irrelevant. Even if they were #2, there's always the off-chance they could draft Tony Mandarich in a group of Aikman, Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, and Derrick Thomas.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being facetious.

I don't want the Vikings to lose. It's just that I have more or less resigned myself to the likelihood that this is going to be a 2-4 win season.

Realistically, I don't see the Vikings picking any higher than 3rd overall or lower than maybe 5th. No real need for the team to tank or the fans to cheer for the other team.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulWall_23 wrote:

Didn't we cut him?
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
El Raymundo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
I'd say here's to a good game with no injuries, but I know better now than to expect us to make it through a game without someone new needing surgery.

So here's to a good game.

Dude, I'm laughing at your sig. Laughing
I know, it's supposed to be Caseum. I'm too lazy to fix it

Ah, you misunderstood me. I should have been clearer. I was laughing at the quote in your sig:

justo wrote:
I flush my toilet and it comes up through my shower. I don't want this. Not one bit.

I don't know enough Latin to judge anyone's sig graphics. Smile

Hope we have a good game on Sunday, that your guys lose, and that there are no injuries.

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 8 of 35

Jump to: