Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Washington Redskins vs. Denver Broncos
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Week 8: Washington Redskins vs. Denver Broncos Reply with quote

Where: Mile High
When: 4:25 EDT

Keys to the Game:

Special Teams
Every aspect of special teams needs to be focused and on their game. Trindon Holiday is no joke and could very well beat our ST's in a crucial point in the game. Rocca needs to punt the ball away from him and Forbath needs to juice for a game and keep the ball out of the endzone.

Defense
Our defense is 22nd against the pass but the Broncos is 32nd against the pass. But Denver has the best rush defense in the league and we have the 28th best rush defense. We have got to stop the run in order to make Peyton one dimensional. Peyton will be Peyton, but playing press coverage on the receivers and making them work to get open is what the Colts did and its something that we should mimic. The ability of tackling the ball carrier is key in this game.

RGIII
He looked good against Chicago, but with the run defense of the Broncos, I am not sure how much he is going to have to run or if he even can. Play action and smart run calls for RGIII could throw off the balance of the Broncos defense, but RGIII has to keep them guessing. Being smart, trusting his reads and making plays.

Offensive Line
The Redskins offensive line has been like a revolving door, and I don't see that changing against the Broncos. They really need to come together as a unit and get out in front and hit their blocks. They also need to keep a clean pocket for RGIII as he sets up the plays. Miller must be double teamed and sealed off to avoid disruption.

Penalties
With Meriweather out, hopefully, we can avoid the 15 yard helmet to helmet penalties. But its the holding calls, the delay of games, the roughing the passer calls, false starts in 2nd and 10 or more. Eliminate the penalties, and we keep moving forward.

Prediction
This is the Broncos with a healthy and deadly Peyton Manning. He has a plethora of weapons going against a battered and aging defense. You cannot stop him but you hope to only contain him. Keep him off balance and get pressure. Can the Redskins do this. Sure. But the question is, can they do it effectively enough to pull off the win. Denver is coming off a loss and the Redskins a win, so momentum might be a key factor.

Redskins 27
Broncos 34

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
PSID412

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said before the season we would win this and I'm sticking with that. Denver is coming off a big emotional game and I don't know if they will be up for this game. The Redskins got a big win last week and to me if they get a win they could make a serious run at the East. I mean after this the only tough game is a Monday night matchup with 49ers. (The Chiefs are seriously overrated IMO) so we get the win and push on big time.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great Job Mike23MD.

I don't really have much to add, I certainly agree with you in the way we need to play the receivers. I remember Collinsworth saying on Sunday night that the Colts DBs are holding and grabbing alot and the refs aren't calling it, but then after he said that, he mentioned that they can't call a penalty on every play.

Basically, it's like playing tough man to man D in basketball. Once you establish to the refs that there will be some contact when you're defending your man one on one and you might touch him some, they'll adjust to the calls and call a looser game in terms of penalties, they certainly can't throw a flag on every posession.

We gotta establish the tough play early on like the Colts did.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSID412 wrote:
Said before the season we would win this and I'm sticking with that. Denver is coming off a big emotional game and I don't know if they will be up for this game. The Redskins got a big win last week and to me if they get a win they could make a serious run at the East. I mean after this the only tough game is a Monday night matchup with 49ers. (The Chiefs are seriously overrated IMO) so we get the win and push on big time.

I've watched a lot of the Chiefs and you're kidding yourself if you think they are overrated...
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't read The Redskins--They are still a team that can beat anyone,, and lose to Anyone ..Except Jacksonville !
TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I can get back to posting again, boys.

Defense is going to be in for a long day, of course. After watching Josh McCown have his way I'm not looking forward to seeing Manning. Gonna have to keep up.

Also, I own Alf Morris in fantasy...never been more raged at a Redskin touchdown than last week as Helu got THREE RUSH TDs. LOL.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
PSID412 wrote:

I've watched a lot of the Chiefs and you're kidding yourself if you think they are overrated...
They're exactly like the 49ers before Kapernick, but the chiefs have a #1 WR and a better secondary, the 49ers never did have a #1, unless you want to include Vernon Davis.

They're a tough team for sure

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:
Hopefully I can get back to posting again, boys.

Defense is going to be in for a long day, of course. After watching Josh McCown have his way I'm not looking forward to seeing Manning. Gonna have to keep up.

Also, I own Alf Morris in fantasy...never been more raged at a Redskin touchdown than last week as Helu got THREE RUSH TDs. LOL.
from the looks of things, Helu is going to be the redzone back. He's quicker and they like that down on the goal line. Helu seriously hits the hole faster than anyone I've seen

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back TOBC. Smile

Regarding the idea that Denver (specifically Manning) are going to be down after the loss on Sunday: I think it's more likely they'll be pissed off that they got embarrassed and come out looking for blood. Unfortunately, we're the chum that is getting tossed into the pool.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen
Reed Doughty, recovering from a concussion, joked that Peyton Manning and the Broncos are going to cause him "more headaches." #Redskins

Laughing

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSID412 wrote:

I can't imagine The Broncos losing two in a row, but I could be wrong?
Better run better run faster than RG3.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk ill go skapegoat for an upset the broncos D has been not that good afterall.
We need blitz manniny a lot but shoukd be high scoring.

Ill pull upset

27-24 we shoyld lose but the skins have pkay better the past two games. Even our d gotten bettet out of a sudden......
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Idk ill go skapegoat for an upset the broncos D has been not that good afterall.

Ill pull upset

27-24 we shoyld lose but the skins have pkay better the past two games. Even our d gotten bettet out of a sudden......
I don't understand why it's a surprise our D played better.

1. It's the competition, we weren't going against and offense we hadn't seen before (week 1 vs philly), we weren't going vs one of/if not the best Qb in the game (Aaron Rodgers vs GB) we weren't going against Det with stafford and Megatron.

I'd really love to meet the person who had us 3-0 after the first 3 weeks and smoke whatever they've been smokin because it's some good stuff!

2. When Meriweather plays, we have good safety on the back end to cover for our cbs and lbs and it makes a huge difference as it did in Det, Oak, Dall & Chicago where our D played better in each game.

3. When our offense moves the ball and doesn't go turnover, punt, punt, turnover, punt turnover in the first half - it gives our defense a break, allows them to make adjustments with their position coaches and allows them to get a rest and regroup. Our offense and special teams were two the biggest hindrances to our defense the first three weeks of the season.

I mean when you're D puts up three touchdowns in 4 weeks in the first half and your offense has only scored 1, that's a problem...

And it's not a defensive problem.

lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Ill pull upset

I honestly have no idea what any of this means?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Ill pull upset

I honestly have no idea what any of this means?
He's saying that he's going out of body, against hit usual thinking and thinking we can beat the Broncos because their D is so bad.

He thinks we need to blitz Peyton because irregardless if we do or not the scoring is going to be high.

We pull the upset.

27-24 redskins is his score prediction.

He thinks this is a game we should lose [like on paper] but we've got good momentum and we've been playing better lately and we've even been playing better on defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: