Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10/27
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10/27 Reply with quote

Discussion goes here...


Keys to game as I see:

1. Running game will need to be better than week 6. For this to happen, the Oline needs to step up BIG. Also, this will ensure progression we need in order to make a worthwhile playoff run. Feature Ingram early and often... well enough for other teams to know he's healthy. Then trade him!

2. Brees needs to trust in his rookies more. In New England, it was apparent that Graham was the number 1 target. Need to disguise this more and use Ben Watson more.

3. Do not play "prevent the win" defense. This should be self-explanatory.
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saintsfan


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 5286
Location: Northeastern University
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10 Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Discussion goes here...


Keys to game as I see:

1. Running game will need to be better than week 6. For this to happen, the Oline needs to step up BIG. Also, this will ensure progression we need in order to make a worthwhile playoff run. Feature Ingram early and often... well enough for other teams to know he's healthy. Then trade him!

2. Brees needs to trust in his rookies more. In New England, it was apparent that Graham was the number 1 target. Need to disguise this more and use Ben Watson more.

3. Do not play "prevent the win" defense. This should be self-explanatory.

Ben Watson isn't a rookie. And I think Brees does trust his rookies, it was Stills who he threw that long TD on 3rd and 20 to, he didn't try to force it to Graham/Colston/Sproles
_________________


Adopt-A-Saint 2013
Keenan Lewis 41 tackles 10 PD 3 INT 1 FF
Pierre Thomas 136 car 521 yds 71 rec 503 yds 4 TDS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 11016
Location: Springdale, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10 Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
Discussion goes here...


Keys to game as I see:

1. Running game will need to be better than week 6. For this to happen, the Oline needs to step up BIG. Also, this will ensure progression we need in order to make a worthwhile playoff run. Feature Ingram early and often... well enough for other teams to know he's healthy. Then trade him!

2. Brees needs to trust in his rookies more. In New England, it was apparent that Graham was the number 1 target. Need to disguise this more and use Ben Watson more.

3. Do not play "prevent the win" defense. This should be self-explanatory.

Ben Watson isn't a rookie. And I think Brees does trust his rookies, it was Stills who he threw that long TD on 3rd and 20 to, he didn't try to force it to Graham/Colston/Sproles


But he did spend most of the game trying to focus on Graham. I'd like to see him use his other weapons. Especially Colston and Stills.
_________________

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10 Reply with quote

[quote="saintsfan"]
jcvoodoo wrote:
Discussion goes here...


2. Brees needs to trust in his rookies more. In New England, it was apparent that Graham was the number 1 target. Need to disguise this more and use Ben Watson more.

Ben Watson isn't a rookie. And I think Brees does trust his rookies, it was Stills who he threw that long TD on 3rd and 20 to, he didn't try to force it to Graham/Colston/Sproles


I know! Point was...if he does trust his rookies (plural, not singular) the offense will be more consistent in all aspects, especially if we need the pass to get the running game going. Again, ALL his rookies not just Stills.
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 427
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10 Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
Discussion goes here...


Keys to game as I see:

1. Running game will need to be better than week 6. For this to happen, the Oline needs to step up BIG. Also, this will ensure progression we need in order to make a worthwhile playoff run. Feature Ingram early and often... well enough for other teams to know he's healthy. Then trade him!

2. Brees needs to trust in his rookies more. In New England, it was apparent that Graham was the number 1 target. Need to disguise this more and use Ben Watson more.

3. Do not play "prevent the win" defense. This should be self-explanatory.

Ben Watson isn't a rookie. And I think Brees does trust his rookies, it was Stills who he threw that long TD on 3rd and 20 to, he didn't try to force it to Graham/Colston/Sproles


But he did spend most of the game trying to focus on Graham. I'd like to see him use his other weapons. Especially Colston and Stills.


Point here was too not primarily/solely focus on Graham. Spread it around more. Graham will get his!
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magnifico


Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 125
Location: London
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10 Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
Discussion goes here...


Keys to game as I see:

1. Running game will need to be better than week 6. For this to happen, the Oline needs to step up BIG. Also, this will ensure progression we need in order to make a worthwhile playoff run. Feature Ingram early and often... well enough for other teams to know he's healthy. Then trade him!

2. Brees needs to trust in his rookies more. In New England, it was apparent that Graham was the number 1 target. Need to disguise this more and use Ben Watson more.

3. Do not play "prevent the win" defense. This should be self-explanatory.

Ben Watson isn't a rookie. And I think Brees does trust his rookies, it was Stills who he threw that long TD on 3rd and 20 to, he didn't try to force it to Graham/Colston/Sproles


Due to focussing on Graham so heavily he missed a wide open Toon in the corner of the endzone for what should have been a TD and there are quite a few plays where Stills has been open but Brees is progressing to him far too late. He has overthrown him on 2 or 3 occasions this year as well.

Graham is the number one option, no doubt, but I think Stills has shown enough that he should be getting more looks in this offense. He runs good routes and has good hands. Don't know if he'll do much in traffic just yet but he should have been targetted more than the 19 times he has been through 6 games.

The greater production we can get from our not so obvious targets the better it is for Graham/Sproles. Then it's pretty much a case of pick your poison when it comes to deciding who to stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 8988
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way the Bills have a chance to win is if Williamsx2 and Dareus have dominant games. We have been sketchy against the run, but pretty good against the pass for the most part.

Gilmore was playing 1 handed for the last 2 weeks, but the hard cast will be off so our secondary will be at 100% for the first time this season.

Offensively Spiller and Freddy Jackson are nicked up, but the 3 headed monster with Tashard Choice has been effective. Our OLine just had there worst game of the season in Miami, giving Thad Lewis no time to let the routes develop.

Early prediction

Saints 31
Bills 20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 8: Buffalo wings??? Butchering the Bills, BUF@NO 10 Reply with quote

Yes, Brees has focused mainly on Graham and Sproles so far this season but there are a multitude of reasons for this...

1. Brees is clearly uncomfortable in the pocket and does not trust his protection to hold up (which in most cases he's right) and this is forcing him to make quicker decisions and bail out on his progressions sooner than he'd typically like.

2. Graham and Sproles play positions where it's easier to get the ball out to while under duress. Sproles out of the backfield on what is basically long handoffs and Graham schemed in as his #1 option.

3. Brees is getting almost no help from the running game.

4. The Saints wide receivers are not getting any separation and the ones that do (mostly Stills) has clearly not gotten his timing down with Brees yet and yes there is a trust factor at play there.

5. Maybe... Just maybe, Brees is either finally showing signs of age or external distractions?
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Beast M0de


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 1850
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to optimistic about this game, the only way is through our defense and running game I'd say. We are 4th in the NFL in sacks and 1st in interceptions so we must cause pressure on Brees and try to get him to throw 1 or 2 bad throws. If our D can get pressure and cause a few turnovers, our run game,which is ranked 1st in the AFC, must control the clock and keep pounding. I don't expect a win but if we were to pull off an upset; it would be this game plan.

Prediction- Saints 27, Bills 21

Closer than most think. We've been in every game this year and the only game we lost by more than one possession was the Browns game (which we were winning before Manuel got hurt..then Tuel played). Good luck and lets hope for no injuries!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19961
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brees didn't miss Toon because he was focused on Graham. He missed Toon because he threw it over his head...
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 435
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that was a brutal miss in the endzone for Toon. Entirely on Brees though.

I expect both offense and defense to show up this week and for us to put together a really complete game at home. Bills are talented if maddeningly inconsistent. Don't think it'll be particularly close though, 10 -17 point difference?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 5928
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feels like such a trap game. Hopefully we aren't sleeping on the Bills.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
krewe_dat_504


Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 616
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
This feels like such a trap game. Hopefully we aren't sleeping on the Bills.
After losing to the Pats and coming off a bye, I don't see it happening.

The Bills have always had a very underrated secondary and seem to always be one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. I don't see Brees completing a lot of passes to our wide receivers. I could see this being a dink and dunk/screen pass game for Brees where he's efficient but essentially take a game manager role. This is the perfect time to get the run game going, but don't let Ingram steal carries from the guys who are actually getting it done. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 8988
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewe_dat_504 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
This feels like such a trap game. Hopefully we aren't sleeping on the Bills.
After losing to the Pats and coming off a bye, I don't see it happening.

The Bills have always had a very underrated secondary and seem to always be one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. I don't see Brees completing a lot of passes to our wide receivers. I could see this being a dink and dunk/screen pass game for Brees where he's efficient but essentially take a game manager role. This is the perfect time to get the run game going, but don't let Ingram steal carries from the guys who are actually getting it done. Wink


Buffalo catches a huge break if Jimmy Graham can't go. But your right. We have had trouble against dink and dunk offense this season, and Darren Sproles worries me coming out of your back field
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 5928
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingram sucks
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group