Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 8: San Francisco 49ers vs Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who takes it?
Jacksonville Jaguars
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
San Francisco 49ers
90%
 90%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 20

AMG1713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After re-watching this game, I noticed that Glenn Dorsey seemed to be checking his hamstring after just about every play. The bye week is probably going to do him some good.

Also, the players, specifically Willis, seemed to be ripping at the ball A LOT. That kind of stuff can work against a team like the Jags, but do it against teams who can take advantage of the lazy tackling and it could really bite them in the [inappropriate/removed].
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
A first is too much considering he is 1 strike away from a full year suspension. He is a very good talent tho. There were some talks of us having an interest in Fitz, but AZ squashed trade talks immediately.

we couldnt afford fitz anyways. his contract is somewhere around 7 years 100+ million. Hes amazing and all, but no thank you. not with kaep, aldon, iupati, brown, boone, and crabs all needing new deals soon.

I wouldnt trade more than a 3rd and possibly a player for gordon. Someone that we would cut anyways with all of these guys coming back from the PUP. not sure they would take that however, esp considering we will have a lower third. he would certainly fit in however, kaep loves to go deep and he is certainly a bonafide deep threat with that speed of his.

Im sure that baalke will place an emphasis on finding more deep threats this offseason. its too bad moss didnt play up to his potential
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fun facts about the season thus far:

1. 49ers on pace for 12-4 record, but unfortunately also on pace for the 5th seed.

2. 49ers on pace for one 1,000 yard rusher and TWO 1,000 yard receivers Shocked

3. When the 49ers win, they win big. They' score at least 31 points a game when they win.

4. Speaking of points, the 49ers are 3rd in the NFL in points scored with 218 and 9th in the NFL in points allowed with 145 making our differential +73, good for 6th in the NFL. For reference on points scored compared to last year at this time, the 49ers scored 189 points by week 8 last year.

5. They are the leading rushing team in the NFL in yards, touchdowns, attempts, and yards per game. The 49ers are on pace for 2,500 yards and 30 TD's rushing for the year. The dominating run game is still on top!

If you think of any others, feel free to add more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

1. 49ers on pace for 12-4 record, but unfortunately also on pace for the 5th seed.

3. When the 49ers win, they win big. They' score at least 31 points a game when they win.

4. Speaking of points, the 49ers are 3rd in the NFL in points scored with 218 and 9th in the NFL in points allowed with 145 making our differential +73, good for 6th in the NFL. For reference on points scored compared to last year at this time, the 49ers scored 189 points by week 8 last year.

5. They are the leading rushing team in the NFL in yards, touchdowns, attempts, and yards per game. The 49ers are on pace for 2,500 yards and 30 TD's rushing for the year. The dominating run game is still on top!

d
The good thing about being a fifth is that we would get to play the eagles or boys

Bad thing, the next week we would probably have to travel to Seattle

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

d
The good thing about being a fifth is that we would get to play the eagles or boys

Bad thing, the next week we would probably have to travel to Seattle

It will all be decided in a couple of weeks; the Saints and Niners play, the Seahawks and Niners, and the Saints and Seahawks. Should be a fun stretch. If any of the three teams goes 2-0, they're in the driver's seat and will be the number 1 seed.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are in for a treat.

Harbaugh, mic'd up: http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd-Up-Coach-Harbaugh-in-London/f3fc7c9c-4474-4f5e-ad9e-89180a51dd3f

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think that bunch set that was so new that even refs were confused by it might have been Harbaugh testing it against a formation similar to Seattle in preparation for that game?

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
adamq

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Anyone else think that bunch set that was so new that even refs were confused by it might have been Harbaugh testing it against a formation similar to Seattle in preparation for that game?

Probably to get rhe players used to it in game morw than anything. The refs meet with each head coacb before the game and go over things like that to avoid confusion.

-kiltman
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Probably to get rhe players used to it in game morw than anything. The refs meet with each head coacb before the game and go over things like that to avoid confusion.

Well clearly there was some confusion by the refs and the play worked against a formation similar to what Seattle uses on defense. Might be a taste of what Harbaugh does.

Also I hope we see very little of the jumbo set as Seattle has sniffed that out.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
adamq wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

Well clearly there was some confusion by the refs and the play worked against a formation similar to what Seattle uses on defense. Might be a taste of what Harbaugh does.

Also I hope we see very little of the jumbo set as Seattle has sniffed that out.

I remember last year when we played seattle that our most effective run was the quick trap with Gore. Maybe we'll run more of that the second time around?
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
adamq wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

I remember last year when we played seattle that our most effective run was the quick trap with Gore. Maybe we'll run more of that the second time around?

Possibly, if you notice from the Monday Night game the Rams were most effective when running from a normal set. Goal Line or Jumbo they got stuff. We need to run less jumbo vs the Seahawks because it just doesn't work on them.

Less Jumbo and more Bunch formations which leads to Sherman having do go to zone(which is where he is weakest).

Forge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:
TRADE scenario...

Would you guys give up our 2014 1st for Blackmon?

Not if I can get Josh Gordon for a second and LMJ. Blackmon has the same issue as Gordon in that one more issue and he's gone for a year. Also, I don't think there's much, if anything separating the two talent wise, and Gordon fits what we need better (deep threat who can stretch the field vertically). Gordon is also slightly cheaper, I like his physical attributes and size more, and even though he's gotten in trouble, outside of those particular instances, I haven't heard anything negative about his behavior. Blackmon seems ripe for a year suspension; he's had quite a few instances of being an idiot that were not really suspendable or even fineable offenses.

Man, can i call it or what?

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: