Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR/KR Percy Harvin returns to Practice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yfz01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is a much better player than Cobb.

Seattle fans are lucky to have such a dynamic weapon on their team. Best kick returner in the league, and he did some incredible stuff on a team that runs 10 plays (MN).

Lil Uno with the sig.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:

Seattle fans are lucky to have such a dynamic weapon on their team. Best kick returner in the league, and he did some incredible stuff on a team that runs 10 plays (MN).
Harvin doesn't do anything "much better" then Cobb. Harvin is the better playmaker but Cobb is a more polished, and better, wide receiver. I'm a fan of both of them. Saying one is "much better" then the other is just silly.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:

Harvin doesn't do anything "much better" then Cobb. Harvin is the better playmaker but Cobb is a more polished, and better, wide receiver. I'm a fan of both of them. Saying one is "much better" then the other is just silly.

Not sure where you're getting the notions that Cobb is more polished or a better receiver. Harvin actually spends more snaps on the outside, has played the position longer, is better against the press and is generally more versatile in his skill set. The biggest difference between the two is the quality of quarterback play behind them since they've come into the league.

Cobb is a very good player, but Harvin is a step above.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying Harvin won't make an impact.

The point is that Cobb (up until a poor tackle took out his knee) didn't have much of an injury concern and rarely makes a peep in the locker room. Harvin has been brittle his whole career and can be a bit of a head case. I am taking a wait and see approach with Harvin in Seattle, he has all the tools to be an impact guy, so long as he stays healthy and happy.
Up until last year, he missed only 3 games in 3 seasons. He's had some bad injury luck the past two years but it happens. He's not brittle.

He was always on the injury list or playing though this or that. He never seemed to be healthy when playing us.
Who cares? There are plenty of guys who spend their entire careers on the injury list. It doesn't matter if he still plays.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
I don't think anyone is saying Harvin won't make an impact.

The point is that Cobb (up until a poor tackle took out his knee) didn't have much of an injury concern and rarely makes a peep in the locker room. Harvin has been brittle his whole career and can be a bit of a head case. I am taking a wait and see approach with Harvin in Seattle, he has all the tools to be an impact guy, so long as he stays healthy and happy.
Up until last year, he missed only 3 games in 3 seasons. He's had some bad injury luck the past two years but it happens. He's not brittle.

He was always on the injury list or playing though this or that. He never seemed to be healthy when playing us.
Who cares? There are plenty of guys who spend their entire careers on the injury list. It doesn't matter if he still plays.

Lynch seems to miss practice all the time now and he always plays.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Perfundle wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
He will be nursing another injury within a month of being active. Harvin has become intolerant to pain and injuries related to issues stemming from migraines. There is a lot of good research about migraines and the affect on the body, even if he hasn't had a headache in awhile

Was he nursing injuries in 2011?

Why do you go back to 2011? Let's look at 2012 and... Oh... Yikes.

I still don't understand why people are making such a big deal about this.
Who do you root for? Maybe you'll get the chance to see first hand.

I'm a fan of the Packers, I've seen him sometimes... You know, in between the injuries, when he wants to play, if the team is doing well, if he remembers to show up, if he feels he's respected enough, oh and if he ain't got a headache...

I'm also just a football fan. He's a good player when motivated. Good returner too. But he's not Calvin Johnson. He's a slot guy and he's not very big. Kinda got the reliability of a Ferrari.

Still can't believe the Vikes got so much for a guy that gave as many headaches to his team as he got.
Randall Cobb is no Calvin Johnson either. He doesn't have an impact for your team?

I'm sure he does... But even he got hyped to beat all. Slot guys are slot guys and pretty much dime a dozen and replaceable. Some guys are better than others, but they hardly take over games.

Wrs are hardly guys that take over games and drafting any high is more a mistake than not. Paying what Seattle payed for a slot guy? I'd be disappointed if I were a fan.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
imani wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Forge wrote:
NFC West getting healthy. This could be a scary time for the rest of the NFL. The seahawks and 49ers at full health will be a nightmare for anyone playing them.

Packers will beat Seattle. 9ers, who knows. Perhaps 3rd times a charm.

You absolutely would not, seeing as we'd like have the HFA. This isn't the seattle team you played last year
So a Packer fan says we would beat Seattle. Ridiculous. Then a Seattle fan says that the Packers absolutely would not. Ridiculous as well.

A Packers/Seahawks matchup could go either way and would be one heck of a game. Acting like one team would easily beat the other is just stupid.

It's on the premise that we would be at home. So it is ridiculous

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Perfundle wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
He will be nursing another injury within a month of being active. Harvin has become intolerant to pain and injuries related to issues stemming from migraines. There is a lot of good research about migraines and the affect on the body, even if he hasn't had a headache in awhile

I'm a fan of the Packers, I've seen him sometimes... You know, in between the injuries, when he wants to play, if the team is doing well, if he remembers to show up, if he feels he's respected enough, oh and if he ain't got a headache...

I'm also just a football fan. He's a good player when motivated. Good returner too. But he's not Calvin Johnson. He's a slot guy and he's not very big. Kinda got the reliability of a Ferrari.

Still can't believe the Vikes got so much for a guy that gave as many headaches to his team as he got.
Randall Cobb is no Calvin Johnson either. He doesn't have an impact for your team?

I'm sure he does... But even he got hyped to beat all. Slot guys are slot guys and pretty much dime a dozen and replaceable. Some guys are better than others, but they hardly take over games.

Wrs are hardly guys that take over games and drafting any high is more a mistake than not. Paying what Seattle payed for a slot guy? I'd be disappointed if I were a fan.
Really? Name 26 other players that can do what Harvin does from the slot/returning/running back position. That's a dime a dozen. 26 other players.

I'll make it easier. Name 5 that can. I'll give you Cobb even. So just name 4

ram29jackson wrote:
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Perfundle wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Really? Name 26 other players that can do what Harvin does from the slot/returning/running back position. That's a dime a dozen. 26 other players.

DeSean Jackson
Wes Welker
Devin Hester
Julian Edelman

And none of these guys were picked in the 1st round... I sorta did that on purpose... Cause, you know, it's not really a high value position yet there is still plenty of bang for your buck. If a team were smart, this is definitely a position that if you draft and develop a team can stay on the cheap yet performance stays relatively high.

The Harvin trade is a hype train. I mean, let's be real... Why did the Vikings let such a guy you think has so much talent and so much game changing potential leave?
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Perfundle wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

DeSean Jackson
Wes Welker
Devin Hester
Julian Edelman

And none of these guys were picked in the 1st round... I sorta did that on purpose... Cause, you know, it's not really a high value position yet there is still plenty of bang for your buck. If a team were smart, this is definitely a position that if you draft and develop a team can stay on the cheap yet performance stays relatively high.

The Harvin trade is a hype train. I mean, let's be real... Why did the Vikings let such a guy you think has so much talent and so much game changing potential leave?

Wow....just wow....

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
flyers0909

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think that Desean, Welker, or Edelmen are the same type of player as Cobb and Harvin.

Hester? C'mon dude.

^^^ Rammy on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
imani wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Forge wrote:
NFC West getting healthy. This could be a scary time for the rest of the NFL. The seahawks and 49ers at full health will be a nightmare for anyone playing them.

You absolutely would not, seeing as we'd like have the HFA. This isn't the seattle team you played last year
So a Packer fan says we would beat Seattle. Ridiculous. Then a Seattle fan says that the Packers absolutely would not. Ridiculous as well.

A Packers/Seahawks matchup could go either way and would be one heck of a game. Acting like one team would easily beat the other is just stupid.

It's not likely, but that doesn't mean it is ridiculous. It's the NFL, anything can happen. Plus it's not like the Packers are a bad team, it's the opposite.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
imani wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Forge wrote:

This isn't the Packer team you played last year. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Perfundle wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

DeSean Jackson
Wes Welker
Devin Hester
Julian Edelman

Wes Welker is a better slot receiver. He isn't as good of a playmaker. There's nothing explosive about him and he offers nothing as a kick returner.

Jackson is fair, but he was an early 2nd. He's a different type of player though. He doesn't work the short game well. We traded a late first for Percy. What's the difference?

Edelman is a nice player. Not even Pats fans are going to claim he's close to on par. There's a reason they signed Amendola.

Hester is not even worth addressing

ram29jackson wrote:
Perfundle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Wrs are hardly guys that take over games and drafting any high is more a mistake than not.

What one position other than QB are guys that can take over games by themselves? Certainly not defensive players, since if the opponent only has one elite player the offense can simply avoid throwing to him (for DBs) or double-teaming or otherwise out-scheming him (for pass rushers). The other possibility is RBs, but they're valued even less than WRs nowadays.

Quote:

Well, the reality is that plenty of talented players have blossomed on a team that didn't draft them, because of better offensive scheme, better surrounding talent, or simply because of a change of scenery.

Last edited by Perfundle on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: