Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Montegomery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Sam Montegomery Reply with quote

I know he allegedly was smoking dope in his hotel (he denies - saying he walked in) and that's why he was cut, but a OLB 6'4 260, 3rd rounder at least deserves some consideration...I think.
chrisororke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a crack on him for sure. Doubt the Steelers will if he's caught smoking dope. But c'mon Willie Gay and Ike don't smoke dope?

With Mingo and Montgomery, I always thought Montgomery was like the uglier sister. Not as pretty, but she needs some lovin' too
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
I would take a crack on him for sure. Doubt the Steelers will if he's caught smoking dope. But c'mon Willie Gay and Ike don't smoke dope?

With Mingo and Montgomery, I always thought Montgomery was like the uglier sister. Not as pretty, but she needs some lovin' too

Between that, his statement that he didn't often give his all in college and just an overall sense of being a moron, I'm not sure he's someone the Steelers would bring into their locker room at this point.

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to take a chance on the guy. He was projected by many as a 1st round pick in this past draft and I guy that has a lot of talent. I had even saw a couple mocks with us taking him in the first round. I would sign the guy and give him a 2nd chance. People make mistakes, worse case scenario if he does something wrong cut him since you wouldnt have anything invested in the guy. He could be a good special teams player, and a good back up OLB for whenever Woirlds leaves. Id take a chance, it would be a small risk high reward type thing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Between that, his statement that he didn't often give his all in college and just an overall sense of being a moron, I'm not sure he's someone the Steelers would bring into their locker room at this point.

Given the chance(s) they gave Ta'amu I wouldn't rule anything out.
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
Wardfan05 wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Given the chance(s) they gave Ta'amu I wouldn't rule anything out.

That's true, and I do like the guys physical talent, I'm just not sure they're keen on taking many chances on knuckleheads.

Look at the most recent draft, the only "knucklehead" they drafted was Terry Hawthorne, who didn't even make it out of camp.

If they do sign him, I'd be pleased, I'm just not sure it's gonna happen.

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The guy is lazy and now is caught smoking weed. He came to camp out of shape. I would not waste any money on him.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: