Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Shopping Fred Diva
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is he being called a diva? From everything ive ever heard from him,he seems to be humble.I get that he will be gone,but calling him a diva is inaccurate.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is he being called a diva? From everything ive ever heard from him,he seems to be humble.I get that he will be gone,but calling him a diva is inaccurate.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
He used to be one when he was our clubbin a few years ago and token up every day.

I agree it doesn't fit now, but I'm not against the nickname.

They had him in Lavar & Dukes today. He said he hasn't had a conversation with Shanahnan in a few weeks. He said he's going to work and doing what's expected of him like he's going to play and he wants to be in DC. It really sounded like he didn't want to go anywhere else, even if he was on the bench.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
What's his contract. One year deal right. How much.

[x]
3/29/2013: Signed a one-year, $2.5 million contract. The deal included a $1.5 million signing bonus. Another $1.25 million is available through incentives. 2013: $1 million.

So, should he be traded, it likely would be an one year/$1M contract. I would be very surprised if he hit the incentives in just a half of a year of playing. I cannot guarantee that since I don't know what the incentive markers are.

As to why he was nicknamed Diva, I believe it was partially due to an auto-correction of Davis to Divas. Given his past attitudes and actions, it kind of linked up nicely.

All in all, it's his reputation as to why he's still here. While the Bills may have made a run for him, I doubt it was for that much more than what he got with us. If that's the case, the added risk of having to learn a new playbook (and play for a rookie QB) may have made it not worth the extra coin.

This was an audition year for him. It failed. He'll likely go somewhere else next year on another one year contract (maybe two) in hopes of trying again.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="turtle28"]
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

They had him in Lavar & Dukes today. He said he hasn't had a conversation with Shanahnan in a few weeks. He said he's going to work and doing what's expected of him like he's going to play and he wants to be in DC. It really sounded like he didn't want to go anywhere else, even if he was on the bench.

That's his agent talking.

I think Davis is the typical, laid back jock, for whom playing sports has been pretty easy. Once he got to the next level, it wasn't as easy. He committed briefly and we saw flashes. But now, between the injury and the one year deal, he is probably in DGAF mode.

Quite simply, there is no way I would go weeks without talking to my coach if I wanted to get on the field. I wouldn't go days. I would force my way in to his office if I had to. Because I would want to play.

And it's not like we couldn't use him. Right now, we're playing Morgan because he doesn't drop punts and he can block. We're benching Davis because we need extra help on Special Teams. Find a way Fred. Davis and Reed could easily be split out as receivers. Both of them are better than our number 4 options and argueably better than Hankerson and Moss.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay could be another landing option for him.

I do agree that having a bigger body out there for against LB's instead of Moss is a more intriguing idea.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

I do agree that having a bigger body out there for against LB's instead of Moss is a more intriguing idea.

Green Bay is exactly the type of trading partner the Skins would be looking for. Clearly Finely is the long term option, but playing this season may be unlikely. Davis is a rental.

Demand a third, settle for a fourth.
Chief_Zee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Green Bay is exactly the type of trading partner the Skins would be looking for. Clearly Finely is the long term option, but playing this season may be unlikely. Davis is a rental.

Nobody is giving up a 4th rounder for a tight end that is inactive for us on game-day. By benching him the Shanahan's have decreased his value, and his questionable work-ethic doesn't help us out any. The most I could see the Redskins getting for Davis is a 6th rounder, but even that is unlikely to me.

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^

Adopt-A-Redskin 2013:
Reed Doughty
Barry Cofield
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Finley may not be the long term answer as he just got injured and was injured most of last year.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief_Zee wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Nobody is giving up a 4th rounder for a tight end that is inactive for us on game-day. By benching him the Shanahan's have decreased his value, and his questionable work-ethic doesn't help us out any. The most I could see the Redskins getting for Davis is a 6th rounder, but even that is unlikely to me.

Probably. Like I said orginially, trade him for whatever you can get, as he will walk at the end of the season.
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is going to trade, anything, for Davis. He's too inconsistent and his reputation as apothead diva is damaging.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
No one is going to trade, anything, for Davis. He's too inconsistent and his reputation as apothead diva is damaging.

I agree. If he didnt have the suspensions he could be moved for a 5th or something. But with the rumors of laziness and the suspensions and the not really blocking at all. Nobody going to trade for a one year rental like him. Especially not now that he has been inactive.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

That's his agent talking.

I think Davis is the typical, laid back jock, for whom playing sports has been pretty easy. Once he got to the next level, it wasn't as easy. He committed briefly and we saw flashes. But now, between the injury and the one year deal, he is probably in DGAF mode.

Quite simply, there is no way I would go weeks without talking to my coach if I wanted to get on the field. I wouldn't go days. I would force my way in to his office if I had to. Because I would want to play.

And it's not like we couldn't use him. Right now, we're playing Morgan because he doesn't drop punts and he can block. We're benching Davis because we need extra help on Special Teams. Find a way Fred. Davis and Reed could easily be split out as receivers. Both of them are better than our number 4 options and argueably better than Hankerson and Moss.
I can't really disagree with most of what you said. My point was that he's been giving better interviews this year than in years past.

That isn't just the agent (although, I'm sure he's been coached up - but who isn't) I think it's Fred maturing as a person. I think Fred knows he screwed up when he got in the league and in 2010 and it's unfortunate he got hurt last year, but he or we can't do anything about that.

He's definitely a more passive person, I for example am like that in real life (I know I'm not on here, but it's easier to type words than say them sometimes). I get the feeling that Fred Doesn't like confrontation, he's not the type of person to go in there and demand things from his coach, and that can be a good thing (which we all know can backfire and Shanahan will cut him). It doesn't look that way right now, but Fred has not ruffled any feathers this year with the organization, in fact he hasn't since the end of 2010. This means people aroudn the league know that he doesn't seem to be a trouble maker, it also means he could get a chance to play again for us if the opporunity persents itself.

You make a valid point about both Davis and Reed being good receivers, but I don't really agree that it will work with both he and Reed on the field together at the same time. Remember how many times we've thought Kyle would get that done with Cooley and Fred?

We thought that for 2010 and 2011 and it never materialzed, it's not this offense works.

I'll agree on certain routes they can be better options than Hankerson and Moss, but neither Reed nor Fred can run the entire WR route tree. You're not going to bench you're #2 WR who can run all the WR routes and your only slot WR for a 4th tight end who gives you the same thing that your younger, more expolsive and more consistent rookie TE does in terms of receptions.

Fred has never had one full NFL season as our starter. He's also never been a huge touchdown maker, except in 09 when Cooley was hurt and Fred became Jason Campbell's favorite target the last 9 games of the season.

Also, The Shanhan offense has always had two tight ends on the field, but never two pass catching tight ends.

1. tight end is a pass catching option
2. the other tight end is the big blocking type

That's why Logan plays, Logan is our blocking TE and anything he gives us in terms of receptions is gravy.

You might ask, why isn't Fred playing instead of Paul?

That's because Paul is a better blocker for one and rarely misses blocks and Fred did miss a few blocks the first few weeks.

Lastly, it's not that Fred Davis can't play special teams. Fred played special teams for 3 or 4 years for this team from 2008 till 2012 when he became the starter. Again though, Paul is better on special teams, so Fred loses out there.

I mean bottom line is this team just has too many offensive choices on it for him to be activated. It's almost a given that 5 Wrs will be active every week, especially when two of them can be your return men (Morgan, Moss) and one of them does everything on speical teams. (Morgan)

Eventhough, we could use a better #2 WR, this team is still the most talented offensive team we've had since the 90's. When that happens, guys who could be starters elsewhere might have to be inactive because of many reasons and Fred has just gotten passed over because Jordan Reed has been amazing and Fred's achillies and ankle injuries are affecting his explosion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief_Zee wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I have to agree with the part about Benching him out right. Shanahan has a history here of benching guys who could have some decent value in a trade, but after he benches them and/or ridicules them in public and their reputation, then we get late round picks for them.

Never seemed like the smartest move to get the most value back in return for a possible asset.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Chief_Zee wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I have to agree with the part about Benching him out right. Shanahan has a history here of benching guys who could have some decent value in a trade, but after he benches them and/or ridicules them in public and their reputation, then we get late round picks for them.

Never seemed like the smartest move to get the most value back in return for a possible asset.

This is something that really bothers about Mike. As long as he been in the league he should know by now that talking bad about a guy isn't really gonna get the positive attention of teams who might just have interest in trading for him. Davis has the talent to get us a 2nd round pick in return. I would've just told Davis, hey go out there and produce and we will part ways on the benefit of both the team and Davis. We get at least 3rd round pick in return and Davis is free to resign with the team we trade him to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: