Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do we make a run at Sam Montgomery on waivers?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5066
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Do we make a run at Sam Montgomery on waivers? Reply with quote

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/source-texans-waive-rookies-due-to-violations-of-team-rules/

Cut from Texans who are worse than us at 2-5

Has attitude problems, but is a talent.

We have plenty of ex LSU teammates here already, maybe we get another Mathieu ?

Thoughts?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50730
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attitude problems, work ethic problems, drug issues.

No thanks, many teams had removed him from their draft board entirely pre draft last year.

If the rumors are true that these guys smoked weed in a team hotel room...the idiocy is just...
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
11sanchez11


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 9123
Location: Tucson, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Jefferson?

Texans fans seem to think he was the better player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montgomery has all the talent maybe he can be put into place by PP. Tyrann Mathieu was able to turn his life around...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Montgomery has all the talent maybe he can be put into place by PP. Tyrann Mathieu was able to turn his life around...


Let's not overload PP's plate more than we already have.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5066
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Montgomery has all the talent maybe he can be put into place by PP. Tyrann Mathieu was able to turn his life around...


Let's not overload PP's plate more than we already have.


I am sure he would love to help

But all valid points on him

Interesting to see where/if he lands.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3503
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting, not sure
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggio7


Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 9861
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Cards don't. It would be a bad bad thing. Honey Badger doesn't need that riff raff back in his laugh. Keep him happy with PP and Minter. I didn't even like Montgomery at LSU. I was disappointed when the Texans drafted him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 4914
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all of our OLBs are hurt...

Still probably not. I liked him out of LSU but now that this happened, not feeling it
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5066
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am willing to risk it

Not much to lose

Keep him at 53 on depth chart till end of season, if no good, cut him.

Really on potential he is better than what we have atm.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50730
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
I am willing to risk it

Not much to lose

Keep him at 53 on depth chart till end of season, if no good, cut him.

Really on potential he is better than what we have atm.


To fulfil your potential you need good work ethic. Something Montgomery lacks.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5066
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
I am willing to risk it

Not much to lose

Keep him at 53 on depth chart till end of season, if no good, cut him.

Really on potential he is better than what we have atm.


To fulfil your potential you need good work ethic. Something Montgomery lacks.


Ethic you can teach, Talent you cannot, it's worth a risk for me
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3503
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
khodder wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
I am willing to risk it

Not much to lose

Keep him at 53 on depth chart till end of season, if no good, cut him.

Really on potential he is better than what we have atm.


To fulfil your potential you need good work ethic. Something Montgomery lacks.


Ethic you can teach, Talent you cannot, it's worth a risk for me


very hard to teach ethic, lots of guys can't put in the work and they never get there. We draft a lot of those guys, if they think they can do it, but I am not sure it is worth the risk.
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group