Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Isaac Redman Waived...Kion Wilson resigned
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Isaac Redman Waived...Kion Wilson resigned Reply with quote

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-waive-Redman-re-sign-Wilson/41fdb833-ecd7-4042-8be7-751d5e5aef59

Have to admit I kind of forgot about him after the last two weeks...sounds funny I guess, but when I heard this I was like oh yeah...

...you have a forum resume?
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Isaac Redman Waived...Kion Wilson resigned Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-waive-Redman-re-sign-Wilson/41fdb833-ecd7-4042-8be7-751d5e5aef59

Have to admit I kind of forgot about him after the last two weeks...sounds funny I guess, but when I heard this I was like oh yeah...

Too bad we weren't able to trade him to a RB needy team like Houston or Tampa.

Oh well, hopefully things work out for him, and for the Steelers.

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
grubs10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya.... His only chance at snaps was staying ahead of Dwyer on the depth chart and apparently he oculdn't do it.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Isaac Redman Waived...Kion Wilson resigned Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Too bad we weren't able to trade him to a RB needy team like Houston or Tampa.

Oh well, hopefully things work out for him, and for the Steelers.

Weren't going to get anything for what is essentially a short yardage back.

...you have a forum resume?
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redman looked worse by the game. I wouldn't trust him as a 2 on the depth chart, not with his fumbling problems.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB Sam Montgomery and RB Cierre Wood were released by the Texans. I would love to get both of those guys asap! What do y'all think? I heard it on ESPN and it is on NFL Network.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a God! I love that Redman is finally gone. This is a guy I defended in the offseason and I, like so many others, tore into Dwyer...Redman proved us all silly.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
OLB Sam Montgomery and RB Cierre Wood were released by the Texans. I would love to get both of those guys asap! What do y'all think? I heard it on ESPN and it is on NFL Network.

Cierre Wood would be worth kicking the tires...wonder if it was just the case of too many good RBs in the stable, with Foster and Tate. I'll be honest though, I have no idea how he's looked since coming into the league, but he was pretty decent at Notre Dame. (EDIT: not Michigan...doh)

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!

Last edited by Ward4HOF on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad they didn't cut him before the Titans game. Once Redman lied saying he received a concussion against the Bengals his time with the Steelers was basically done right there.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
chrisororke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

Cierre Wood would be worth kicking the tires...wonder if it was just the case of too many good RBs in the stable, with Foster and Tate. I'll be honest though, I have no idea how he's looked since coming into the league, but he was pretty decent at Notre Dame. (EDIT: not Michigan...doh)

I bet when Dwyer got that 3rd & short it was basically see ya later Red. That was a big play. I never really liked "spinny" aka Isaac Redman

I would take a shot at Sam Montgomery for sure. Cut one of the TEs if they're going to list Mike Adams as the 3rd TE
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The downside to this is the team has to eat his salary for the year.
Roethlisberger, on the impact of re-signing Jonathan Dwyer after Dwyer was cut because he's not very good at football: “He adds the Jonathan Dwyer effect. He can be the best running back that he can be.”
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

They were released for smoking weed at the team hotel, violating policy. I doubt the Steelers are going to scoop two guys up right after a disciplinary incident like that.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

They were released for smoking weed at the team hotel, violating policy. I doubt the Steelers are going to scoop two guys up right after a disciplinary incident like that.

Ah, good to know...didn't know the details behind it. Was Santonio with them? Laughing

The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. But I read Mike Adams sold it to them.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
I'm not sure. But I read Mike Adams sold it to them.

Why not, he's gotta make a living somehow, since playing LT in NFL does seem to be working for him! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: