Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 8 vs. Jets (4-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Jets
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
My fantasy football team
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

BathBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
BathBengal wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
BathBengal wrote:
This has been dominant, especially as this was supposed to be close against a top teir defence. Now the question is do I stay up for the lat game despite having to wake up at half 7 tomorrow for some stupid career stuff? There is only the 4 hour difference this week.
Take some advice from another Englishman, Do the decent thing and drink more beer......

I decided not to drink by myself this week after drinking 2/3 of a bottle of whiskey before the end of the 3rd quarter and realised I was smashed. I just sort of passed out at half 10. I've got some toffee apple cider but it's grim out of a can.
Wow; didn't realise people spoiled a decent cider with toffee these days.......

Been on 'Marstons Pedigree' all day, now on the bottled 'Adnams' and 'Fursty Ferrett' having left the pub.......

With the Bengals winning by 40, all in all a good day........

It's difficult to find proper Somerset stuff up in Manc that's reasonably priced so I took a punt on Brothers toffee apple. It wasn't a good choice. Why can't everyone realise strong bow is awful and start drinking thatchers. I'll probably have to become more of a lager man I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'm going to have to persuade my mate to go to one of the unions tomorrow so I can drink Gaymers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:

With the Bengals winning by 40, all in all a good day........

.......and to cap it all, The Steelers and The Browns both lost........

Last edited by LondonBengal on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
He's probably one of the biggest American icons.
That'll be why I've never heard of him.

Anything more recent than the Doobie Brothers and I'm lost........

lol I wasn't even born before their last album. Except for the couple albums in 2000-2001
Love the way this post is descending into talk about music and beer. That usually means we're winning comfortably in the 3rd.

(I was joking about Jay-Z. I've been listening to rap since 'Trouble Man' by Marvin Gaye in 1972)......

Laughing

I thought it was awful strange, even for an (a? weird grammar) European such as yourself, to not know who Jay-Z was

I am English, but I grew up near a USAF base in England, and played lots of baseball and gridiron with American kids. My dad worked for contractors to the USAF on the air bases and often brought home baseball mits and cards and stuff. I have also worked for American companies, have visited all 50 American states, and been to every NFL city on my travels.

So; whilst English; I consider myself an 'honourary' American !!!!!

......and listened to plenty of American music; (including Jay-Z) !!!!!!!

Shocked

Sounds you've had quite the life.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathBengal wrote:
Think I'm going to have to persuade my mate to go to one of the unions tomorrow so I can drink Gaymers.
Better off persuading him to go to Somerset or Dorset and getting some proper scrumpy with real apple bits in it.

That stuff is pure rocket fuel.........
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
Sounds you've had quite the life.

My doctor would tend to agree with you.......
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton being discussed in NFL General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game. I think the offensive play calling was great. I feel good about our chances in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Great game. I think the offensive play calling was great. I feel good about our chances in the playoffs.

By far the best called game I have seen against a Rex Ryan defense in a LONG time.
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an awesome game where you can't really find anything to complain about. Third week in a row that Dalton has looked great, but I thought this was probably his best game as a pro. Everything he threw today was on the money, including his deep balls.

Marvin Jones was awesome; kid is just a play-maker, and I'm more than comfortable with him as the #2 receiver going forward. Defense did a good job pressuring Geno and forcing him to make poor decisions. Run defense was good against a good running Jets team.

Only downer I can think of was Rey getting hurt. Not sure what it was, possibly a concussion. Hopefully he's okay.

Why can't every game be like that?!
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
BJGE goes down on first contact seemingly every run. He's probably one of our worst investments. He's still under contract for a few more years I believe and is one of our bigger cap hits.

Digging this up, since i wasn't around my computer for the game today. He's under contract for next year at 2.3 million, then a free agent. Not bad really, and they could cut him this offseason (though i don't expect it). Probably switch rolls around next year and just have him spell Giovani.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
BJGE goes down on first contact seemingly every run. He's probably one of our worst investments. He's still under contract for a few more years I believe and is one of our bigger cap hits.

Digging this up, since i wasn't around my computer for the game today. He's under contract for next year at 2.3 million, then a free agent. Not bad really, and they could cut him this offseason (though i don't expect it). Probably switch rolls around next year and just have him spell Giovani.

His cap number has to be somewhere around 5 million this year then, because I remember seeing it and thinking "why are we paying him this." But 2.3 million doesn't seem that bad. I do agree that Gio will be the primary back next year, but I'd honestly would much rather have a younger, fresher backup.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Dre play today? Was only able to follow on my phone, took the kids to Kings Island today.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
How did Dre play today? Was only able to follow on my phone, took the kids to Kings Island today.

Crocker played the slot, and Dre only had one ball thrown his way all game.

If Kirkpatrick was at Kings Islands all day, I don't think anyone would have noticed......
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Crocker played the slot, and Dre only had one ball thrown his way all game.

If Kirkpatrick was at Kings Islands all day, I don't think anyone would have noticed......

Was going to say i never saw him. But i also watched the game on a large projector at a friends house and couldn't make out any numbers (bad contrast).

Honestly, Geno and the Jets offense was bad enough yesterday that the defense was never really tested.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: