Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 8 vs. Jets (4-3)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Jets
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
My fantasy football team
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Game Day Week 8 vs. Jets (4-3) Reply with quote

Game Details:

Sunday, October 27, 3:05 PM (CT) on CBS
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio

Coverage Maps

Injury Reports:

Jets
Bengals

Notes:

Quote:
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
47-35-1 - Marvin Lewis's home record
32-51 - Bengals home record in previous 83 games before Lewis
18-24 - Lewis's record in October
7-3 - Bengals QB Andy Dalton's record in October
4-8 - Lewis at home vs. AFC East
.625 - Dalton's Bengals-best winning percentage with 10 or more starts at 24-15
.529 - Ken Anderson's second-best Bengals winning percentage at 91-81
.650 - Dalton's second-best NFL regular-season road winning percentage among active QBs
.692 - New England QB Tom Brady's NFL-best regular-season road winning percentage among active QBs
11-8 - Dalton's record at home
11-12 - Lewis's record against rookie QBs
0-3 - Jets rookie QB Geno Smith's record after a win
6-6 - Dalton's record vs. winning teams
4 - Smith's game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or OT, the first QB since the 1970 merger to do it in his first seven games
11 - Games it took Dalton to get four game-winning drives in the fourth quarter
8 - Dalton's career winning drives in fourth quarter or OT
4,398 - Dalton's projected passing yardage for this season, breaking club record held by Carson Palmer (4,131 in 2007)
3,026 - Career receiving yards for Bengals WR A.J. Green. He joined Hall of Famer Tom Fears from more than 60 years ago as the only players to have more than 3,000 yards, 200 catches (205) and 20 TDs (23) in their first 38 games.
15 - Third-down catches by Jets WR Jeremy Kerley, tied for second in NFL
4 - Bengals with six third-down catches
7 - 100-yard rushing games the Bengals have allowed in last 44 regular-season games. One of them belongs to Jets RB Chris Ivory from his 117-yard day for the Saints at PBS on Dec. 5, 2010.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Jets-Bengals-Preview/ef0537f7-71b9-4142-9bcb-dbf65deff40e

Since I've been starting GDT the Bengals have been un-defeated while my fantasy football team (in our FF league) has lost every game. Go figure...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work. The Jets are kinda hit or miss, much like us. I definitely feel it's gonna be one of those games where we get up by 2 TDs them slowly let them back till it comes down to the last few series

CIN-17
NYJ- 14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Keep up the good work. The Jets are kinda hit or miss, much like us. I definitely feel it's gonna be one of those games where we get up by 2 TDs them slowly let them back till it comes down to the last few series

CIN-17
NYJ- 14

We have a 'secret weapon' this week. QB Greg McElroy is on the psq; and I suspect even now Zim has got him in a head lock squeezing all the info he can out of him.........

At least this time we haven't got to watch Chad going to Revis island.......
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worried about our offensive line vs. their defensive line. Cook, Boling and Zeitler are going to have their hands full with Wilkerson, Richardson and company. Looks like it will be a tough day running the ball.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

CIN-17
NYJ- 14

We have a 'secret weapon' this week. QB Greg McElroy is on the psq; and I suspect even now Zim has got him in a head lock squeezing all the info he can out of him.........

Not sure how useful this would be since we have a different offense and OC from past years. Not sure how much information McElroy would have gotten from training camp and the preseason this year.

This should be a very interesting game. I think most would agree that the Bengals are the better team, but the Jets match up really well with the Bengals. Ultimately, I think this game will come down to the Green-Cromartie matchup and whether or not the Bengals can overcome the loss of Leon Hall. Dalton is probably going to be forced to throw the ball a lot, and Geno might have to as well.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

CIN-17
NYJ- 14

Not sure how useful this would be since we have a different offense and OC from past years. Not sure how much information McElroy would have gotten from training camp and the preseason this year.

This should be a very interesting game. I think most would agree that the Bengals are the better team, but the Jets match up really well with the Bengals. Ultimately, I think this game will come down to the Green-Cromartie matchup and whether or not the Bengals can overcome the loss of Leon Hall. Dalton is probably going to be forced to throw the ball a lot, and Geno might have to as well.

Generally agree; its going to be a close game, maybe another 3 pointer.

Hall is our best cover guy, so losing him is a tough break. We got stuffed by Calvin and his size up in DET, so Hill is going to be another big handful for us.

I have enjoyed watching the jets D the few times I've seen them this year, and they are underrated IMO. Can our rush get to Smith and disrupt him? I think this game comes down to the usual factor; turnovers.

Which team has the best Geno ?
captainhags

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
green24 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

CIN-17
NYJ- 14

Generally agree; its going to be a close game, maybe another 3 pointer.

Hall is our best cover guy, so losing him is a tough break. We got stuffed by Calvin and his size up in DET, so Hill is going to be another big handful for us.

I have enjoyed watching the jets D the few times I've seen them this year, and they are underrated IMO. Can our rush get to Smith and disrupt him? I think this game comes down to the usual factor; turnovers.

Which team has the best Geno ?

Your Geno is clearly better than our Geno, at the moment at least.

With both teams having pretty killer run-defenses, this thing will likely come down to which passing game fares better. AJ is head and shoulders above anyone the Jets have catching passes, but Dalton's arm seems to limit his impact. My hope, as a Jets fan, is Stephen Hill can get deep against an injury-depleted secondary and Geno can really work the deep ball.

Should be a good game, certainly better than it looked like it would be going into the season. Good luck, fellas!
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is all-world. i wanted Stephen Hill. Jets 256-0
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to winning this game is going to be how well we block Wilk and Richardson. The O-Line did a great job against Suh and Fairley. If they can do the same against the Jets I think we win. If we allow them to pressure Dalton all day, I don't have faith in Dalton being able to handle the pressure and make plays...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Geno is all-world. i wanted Stephen Hill. Jets 256-0

Oh no that reverse psychology isn't going to work on us. The Bengals are superbowl contenders and we probably won't be able to hang with such a talented team. Wink

In all seriousness this is going to be a tough game.

Props to Mack on the sig
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever reason, the Bengals do not play well against the Jets. Jets have won 4 straight on them so far, and each win was by at least 10 points or more.

But as we can see, the changing of the guard has already happened in Cincinnati, and these ain't your same Bengals no more.

The defense must show up this game if they want to win. The Jets defense will be too tough to score on this game, so if the defense doesn't hold down the fort on the running game, this team is toast. Geno Smith might be hot right now, but the Jets passing game is still the weak link of the team.

I honestly don't think the Bengals offense is gonna have a good day. Jay Gruden has showed zero confidence in the running game and thats making thea team one dimensional and eventually teams will realise they need to just stop Dalton to win the game.

At home though this team is great so far, so hopefully the hot streak keeps up. First time the Bengals are playing the Jets at home since the 2009 playoffs, so now the playoff rematch is somewhat back.

Jets 10 Bengals 13
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
For whatever reason, the Bengals do not play well against the Jets. Jets have won 4 straight on them so far, and each win was by at least 10 points or more.

But as we can see, the changing of the guard has already happened in Cincinnati, and these ain't your same Bengals no more.

The defense must show up this game if they want to win. The Jets defense will be too tough to score on this game, so if the defense doesn't hold down the fort on the running game, this team is toast. Geno Smith might be hot right now, but the Jets passing game is still the weak link of the team.

I honestly don't think the Bengals offense is gonna have a good day. Jay Gruden has showed zero confidence in the running game and thats making thea team one dimensional and eventually teams will realise they need to just stop Dalton to win the game.

At home though this team is great so far, so hopefully the hot streak keeps up. First time the Bengals are playing the Jets at home since the 2009 playoffs, so now the playoff rematch is somewhat back.

Jets 10 Bengals 13
I agree with some of your analysis 'Mr.C', but not all.

I think we're beginning to see Grudens WCO scheme start to spark into life, with the short passing/ slant/ screen game spelling the run and slowing down the rush. This offence has showed some inventiveness against some pretty tough fronts. The short passing game helps the run...... its not a question of giving up on the run. I for one am pleased to see more offensive variety.......

Some of those previous Jet games under Bratkowski featured running the ball straight with Benson, and Palmer forcing the ball to Chad against Revis. With a better receiving corps, better tight ends and more variation in the run game with Gio and running reverses etc; we have a lot more weapons available to crack the jets nut.......

My worry now is how we stop the pass......
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will be as low scoring as people think. The Jets secondary really isn't that good. Both teams will have a hard time running.

Game comes down to Cro on AJ.
24-21 Jets (homer pick haha)

Cheers to a good game and no injures!
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Jets 10 Bengals 13

I think we're beginning to see Grudens WCO scheme start to spark into life, with the short passing/ slant/ screen game spelling the run and slowing down the rush. This offence has showed some inventiveness against some pretty tough fronts. The short passing game helps the run...... its not a question of giving up on the run. I for one am pleased to see more offensive variety.......

Some of those previous Jet games under Bratkowski featured running the ball straight with Benson, and Palmer forcing the ball to Chad against Revis. With a better receiving corps, better tight ends and more variation in the run game with Gio and running reverses etc; we have a lot more weapons available to crack the jets nut.......

I just want to see more balance. Right now Id say its 60 percent passing plays and 40 percent rushing plays. They say don't fix whats not broken, but can you have confidence in your running game to get a spark when the passing game stalls? Gruden hasn't made me feel assured of that yet. It was alot like this last year, so around week 11 time, we might know.

Zimmer will do his job, but I think its gonna be decided on which Geno Smith will show up. Hes been a bit streaky so far. If he plays good he will hurt you. If he struggles, the defense will have a good day.

The Jets secondary is no Joke though IMO. Dalton will have to prove it 3 times in a row now it looks like.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Jets 10 Bengals 13

I just want to see more balance. Right now Id say its 60 percent passing plays and 40 percent rushing plays. They say don't fix whats not broken, but can you have confidence in your running game to get a spark when the passing game stalls? Gruden hasn't made me feel assured of that yet. It was alot like this last year, so around week 11 time, we might know.

Zimmer will do his job, but I think its gonna be decided on which Geno Smith will show up. Hes been a bit streaky so far. If he plays good he will hurt you. If he struggles, the defense will have a good day.

The Jets secondary is no Joke though IMO. Dalton will have to prove it 3 times in a row now it looks like.

Lets not forget our short passing/screen game acts as 'running plays'.

I want to see the same offensive game plan as last week. Give Dalton deep drops with max-protection and let him step into it and air it out. Detroit and NYJ's D's are pretty similar actually. Both have elite D lines with questionable secondaries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: