Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Well... It happened... Meriweather (reportedly) suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Pugh re-signed now. He knows the defense better than Rambo and Gumbs.

Not saying Gumbs can't be good but I'd rather have the knowledge of Pugh, at least we know what we have.

I have a feeling Raheem with go with ole' reliable Biggers though, his drinking buddy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Honestly I disagreed with the first call. It seemed to me as though he lead with his hands not head. This is a physical sport and many people who have played the game and been around the game for a while have said its can be confusing as to where you can hit and can't hit these days. I'm not a dirty minded guy but I know if I was playing I would want to hit a guy to knock him out or at least leave him remembering that I laid that hit to him.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/10/21/brandon-meriweather-suspension-washington-redskins/?xid=nl_siextra

Check it again from the redskins endzone angle.

From the front side of the play all you see is Meriweather using his arms and his shoulder to push Jeffery, from the backside if the play, you see Meriweather do his patenet launch with his head aming for the defenders chin, like a boxer does on the uppercut, only a boxer is using his glove, Meriweather uses his helmet as a weapon to try to knock the receiver out. He always hits like this, 4 times in 5 games, it's utterly ridiculous.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the game. Merriwether needs to learn how to tackle. How many games did he get? I can agree that his hits were on the dirty side this year.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/brandon-meriweather-suspended-two-games/

Suspended two games.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/brandon-meriweather-suspended-two-games/

Suspended two games.
i think he appeals it and gets 1 game an a fine.

I hope he learns his lesson, but something tells me he won't

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is due to my crappy memory, but has anyone else ever been suspended for repeated violations of player safety rules? James Harrison? Ndomukung Suh?

I'm not saying that Meriweather doesn't deserve the suspension. I am just curious as to what is the line that one has to cross before a suspension comes out. How many fines does one have to incur and over what timeframe before you are forcibly sat down?
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like us to bring up Minnefield for awhile and give him a shot...though I fear if he shows too well they'd not be able to get him on the PS. :/
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read today we could add a player to replace Meriweather .. Pugh seems logical. I wish we'd kept Gomes.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Perhaps it is due to my crappy memory, but has anyone else ever been suspended for repeated violations of player safety rules? James Harrison? Ndomukung Suh?

I'm not saying that Meriweather doesn't deserve the suspension. I am just curious as to what is the line that one has to cross before a suspension comes out. How many fines does one have to incur and over what timeframe before you are forcibly sat down?
Harrison was. They tried to suspend Dashon Goldson earlier this year, but Matt Birk sits on the committee that handles these cases now that Art Shell retired and Birk ruled that Goldson should not be suspended, but he gave him a 100,000 fine.

Last year, they tried to suspend Ed Reed. After appeal, he only got a 50,000 fine.

Something tells me that he'll appeal it, probably get one game and a 100,000 fine.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I read today we could add a player to replace Meriweather .. Pugh seems logical. I wish we'd kept Gomes.
Yeah, I agree, I've been thinking the same thing.

One place we really miss Gomes is on kick coverage, he was one of our leaders on kick coverage the past few seasons.

Of course, last game Trenton Robinson was everywhere. I saw him try to tackle Hester on one sideline but before Robinson could get there, Hester changed course, and so did Robinson, he tracked Hester across the field and made the tackle on the other sideline. He seems like a high effort guy and the kind of guy we need on special teams.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has appealed and gets an expedited hearing ( 48 hours ) I agree it'll be dropped to ONE game and a heavy fine.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I saw the game. Merriwether needs to learn how to tackle. How many games did he get? I can agree that his hits were on the dirty side this year.

Not enough games in my opinion. I can't stand the guy, was absolutely embarrassed when we signed him. Just let Rambo and Gumbs play.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MikeJonesWaPo: Redskins will bring back Jordan Pugh, two sources tell @MarkMaske and me, w Meriweather suspended and Doughty uncertain (concussion).
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Not enough games in my opinion. I can't stand the guy, was absolutely embarrassed when we signed him. Just let Rambo and Gumbs play.
We really didn't have a lot of options after we let Atogwe and Landry go and then the salary cap penalty hit
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
@MikeJonesWaPo: Redskins will bring back Jordan Pugh, two sources tell @MarkMaske and me, w Meriweather suspended and Doughty uncertain (concussion).

Good.

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: