Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Well... It happened... Meriweather (reportedly) suspended
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Well... It happened... Meriweather (reportedly) suspended Reply with quote

http://cbsloc.al/1fQx4nw

We all thought it might. REportedly cbs sports, 106.7 the fan is reporting that he will be suspended.

A player with Meriweather's reputation and now his 4th helmet to helmet hit in only 4.5 quarters of play and he's been suspended.

I don't get how someone who seems as bright as him in interviews can continue to make such bonehead hits on the field. If he would target the guys below the shoulders, he could still knock the wind out of them and send the same message.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly its a good thing. He needs to change the way he plays or he doesn't have a place in the NFL.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, and Doughty might be out w/ a concussion so TWO diff starting safties next week..
Maybe Rambo gets another shot..
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Honestly its a good thing. He needs to change the way he plays or he doesn't have a place in the NFL.
I definietley agree. He's on the NFL - not for long list - if he continues to play the way he's been playing.

Marshall called Meriweather and league out, saying guys like him have no business being in the NFL and I honestly agree with him. I just don't get it, guys can change the way they hit. Ryan Clark has over the past 3 seasons, he doesn' head hunt anymore. He hits guys with his shouder pads or arms in their shoulder or below.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Great, and Doughty might be out w/ a concussion so TWO diff starting safties next week..
Maybe Rambo gets another shot..
Maybe the benching is what Rambo needed. Nothing like being benched to wake you up.

I guess we might go with Biggers at the other safety spot. I don't see them playing Robinson or Gumbs becasue Robinson just got here and Gumbs just got activated.

There's a possiblity they could re-sign Pugh to play SS I guess. Damn, what a mess our Safety position is. It must be adressed by more than washed up vets, a mid and late round pick like the team has been doing the past 6 years. *ugghhhhh* Twisted Evil

Hate to say it, but right now I long for DeJon Gomes over Gumbs.-
Dro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good he deserved it.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to lose this one, so it's the best game to be with Rambo (or anybody else) on the field.

Frankly, I'm p****d off by Meriweather. He uses the helmet for any tackle, and then replies "well, they asked me to hit lower, and I did, so what?". With the shoulders, you m***n, not with your head!

Cut, cut! Yesterday he costed us one score and he might have costed a TD on the second hit on Marshall.
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Long time coming.
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: BYE BYE! Reply with quote

I couldn't be even more happier that this guy is now off the field and now could probably be off the team this coming off season. I will admit when he first came to the Skins I was hoping he'll leave those cheap shots in the past and play fundamental football but that still hasn't panned out!

So this means maybe Rambo should get his opportunity back at Safety and at his natural position instead of playing FS, which he has struggled from times. But what rookies hasn't struggle from different position or natural position when coming in to the NFL?!

So Do I Think That Rambo Should Get A Shot???

(Daniel Bryant Voice): YES YES YES YES YES YES! lol Very Happy Laughing Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I disagreed with the first call. It seemed to me as though he lead with his hands not head. This is a physical sport and many people who have played the game and been around the game for a while have said its can be confusing as to where you can hit and can't hit these days. I'm not a dirty minded guy but I know if I was playing I would want to hit a guy to knock him out or at least leave him remembering that I laid that hit to him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazed it taken this long for him to actually be suspended by the league. Frankly he should be chuck out of the game. He has been in the NFL for years and yeah he hasn't change and he never will.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
Geronimo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Honestly I disagreed with the first call. It seemed to me as though he lead with his hands not head. This is a physical sport and many people who have played the game and been around the game for a while have said its can be confusing as to where you can hit and can't hit these days. I'm not a dirty minded guy but I know if I was playing I would want to hit a guy to knock him out or at least leave him remembering that I laid that hit to him.

Two things only matter: wher you hit and what you use to hit.

Using your head to hit, as Meriweather does, is idiotic and not legal. Shoulders should be used. He doesn't. Period.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited because Rambo will get another shot but due to Reeds injury it looks like Gumbs may get the start. Peyton vs. Rambo+Gumbs=uh oh!

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I'm excited because Rambo will get another shot but due to Reeds injury it looks like Gumbs may get the start. Peyton vs. Rambo+Gumbs=uh oh!

Gumbs had a good hit vs the Bears yesterday.

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Gumbs had a good hit vs the Bears yesterday.

I'm actually excited about Gumbs as well. I remember watching that rookie show on NFL Network and he was one of the featured players. Hard worker and he seems to really care.

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: