Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bud Adams Passed Away This Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
therealdeal


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 10435
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!



Funny thing is...

Im in business.... Deep in business.... Probably more business than you'll ever experience in your life....

One thing you'll learn.. hopefully...

Is that when things are "just business" you continue to lose yourself.. Because when things are "business".. they are "money driven"...

And when money is the only factor in the way you see things....

Then you wont have a fun life...



Aside from that......



The guy that's going to run it..... hearing mix things about him..... The biggest came from the radio.... They seem to have mixed feelings as well..
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3839
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!



Funny thing is...

Im in business.... Deep in business.... Probably more business than you'll ever experience in your life....

One thing you'll learn.. hopefully...

Is that when things are "just business" you continue to lose yourself.. Because when things are "business".. they are "money driven"...

And when money is the only factor in the way you see things....

Then you wont have a fun life...



Aside from that......



The guy that's going to run it..... hearing mix things about him..... The biggest came from the radio.... They seem to have mixed feelings as well..


What are you hearing? I am hearing it is the two daughters and the grandson will make the call on who will run the team. I am assuming you are talking about Bud's son in law in your comments right?
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kookie23


Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Posts: 720
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!



Funny thing is...

Im in business.... Deep in business.... Probably more business than you'll ever experience in your life....

One thing you'll learn.. hopefully...

Is that when things are "just business" you continue to lose yourself.. Because when things are "business".. they are "money driven"...

And when money is the only factor in the way you see things....

Then you wont have a fun life...



Aside from that......



The guy that's going to run it..... hearing mix things about him..... The biggest came from the radio.... They seem to have mixed feelings as well..

My goodness! CEO in the titans forum!
_________________
thisismyname wrote:
Jeff Fisher is the only coach in the NFL that believes there is such a thing as a 'prevent offense'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 10435
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!



Funny thing is...

Im in business.... Deep in business.... Probably more business than you'll ever experience in your life....

One thing you'll learn.. hopefully...

Is that when things are "just business" you continue to lose yourself.. Because when things are "business".. they are "money driven"...

And when money is the only factor in the way you see things....

Then you wont have a fun life...



Aside from that......



The guy that's going to run it..... hearing mix things about him..... The biggest came from the radio.... They seem to have mixed feelings as well..

My goodness! CEO in the titans forum!



Dude, you never know who you're talking to... Especially after saying his death is good for business without having any idea who is taking over, what their plans are, and how they're going to proceed. Though it's an insensitive thing to say, before you say anything about business, at least know what you're talking about.

kids..... Cool
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11861
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's stop guessing the ages and occupations of fellow posters and get back to the discussion.

I'm a full-time shepherd for what it's worth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bloeddyr


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 312
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently P. Diddy wants to own a NFL team now. As the first afro-american owner in the history of the NFL.

I guess that would bring the media to Tennessee? Laughing
_________________
Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
I'm danish, what can I do?
Therefore my grammar is like a first graders...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kookie23


Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Posts: 720
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Apparently P. Diddy wants to own a NFL team now. As the first afro-american owner in the history of the NFL.

I guess that would bring the media to Tennessee? Laughing

YES! YES! YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________
thisismyname wrote:
Jeff Fisher is the only coach in the NFL that believes there is such a thing as a 'prevent offense'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chocolateman78


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 5329
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Apparently P. Diddy wants to own a NFL team now. As the first afro-american owner in the history of the NFL.

I guess that would bring the media to Tennessee? Laughing


I'll never get all the crying over lack of media attention. Maybe its because I'm a native Nashvillian and while its not a small town, if pales in comparison to the big cities and big TV markets. But I like that. I like the fact that the Titans have a rather small and mainly local fan base. And, while I'd like to see more Titans games on national television, I couldn't care less about hearing my teams name constantly on the national airwaves. Is that what this is all about? Do people want to see Skip Bayless and Steven A. talking titans every other day? Do you want to see more titans articles on PFT? will that mean we've arrived? I thought a championship would do that?

Bloeddyr, this isn't directed at you. It's just a rant in general. Media attention doesn't net you wins, certainly not championships. By in large all it gains you is increased controversy (ie distractions) and bandwagon fans. Neither of which I care for.
_________________

**RIP Steve McNair**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2738
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:
Apparently P. Diddy wants to own a NFL team now. As the first afro-american owner in the history of the NFL.

I guess that would bring the media to Tennessee? Laughing


I'll never get all the crying over lack of media attention. Maybe its because I'm a native Nashvillian and while its not a small town, if pales in comparison to the big cities and big TV markets. But I like that. I like the fact that the Titans have a rather small and mainly local fan base. And, while I'd like to see more Titans games on national television, I couldn't care less about hearing my teams name constantly on the national airwaves. Is that what this is all about? Do people want to see Skip Bayless and Steven A. talking titans every other day? Do you want to see more titans articles on PFT? will that mean we've arrived? I thought a championship would do that?

Bloeddyr, this isn't directed at you. It's just a rant in general. Media attention doesn't net you wins, certainly not championships. By in large all it gains you is increased controversy (ie distractions) and bandwagon fans. Neither of which I care for.


Hear, hear!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bloeddyr


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 312
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:
Apparently P. Diddy wants to own a NFL team now. As the first afro-american owner in the history of the NFL.

I guess that would bring the media to Tennessee? Laughing


I'll never get all the crying over lack of media attention. Maybe its because I'm a native Nashvillian and while its not a small town, if pales in comparison to the big cities and big TV markets. But I like that. I like the fact that the Titans have a rather small and mainly local fan base. And, while I'd like to see more Titans games on national television, I couldn't care less about hearing my teams name constantly on the national airwaves. Is that what this is all about? Do people want to see Skip Bayless and Steven A. talking titans every other day? Do you want to see more titans articles on PFT? will that mean we've arrived? I thought a championship would do that?

Bloeddyr, this isn't directed at you. It's just a rant in general. Media attention doesn't net you wins, certainly not championships. By in large all it gains you is increased controversy (ie distractions) and bandwagon fans. Neither of which I care for.


I agree, completely. It was a comment meant for those who "complained" about it in one of the other threads. Maybe the "Titans ranked 31st in NFL popularity" thread? I can't really remember. That was why I made the "Laughing" at the end. It wasn't serious meant.

One of the reasons I became a Titans fan is the "small town charm" that this franchise have. The few local writers are a joy to follow rather than 100-150 national writers who all feel like they know everything about the team.
_________________
Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
I'm danish, what can I do?
Therefore my grammar is like a first graders...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanJo33


Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Posts: 83
Location: Carthage,TN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud you truly are a Titan to pro football, I wish we coulda won you the big game and the day we do I will think about you .. Best wishes on your journey and all apposing teams be saluted with the middle finger ...rip bud and thanks for bringing the titans to Nashville ...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 10435
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue the Titans have is filling the seats..

Yes.. it's always sold out..

But physically, it's not full...

I think the way to do that is to create a dynamic & fun team to watch. Put some excitement into out game.

Unless we're going undefeated, its hard to physically fill the seats.
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10392
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And sometimes it's just a matter of fans just would rather stay home.
Like stated, it's always a "sellout" but people just don't go.

I know 6 people with PSL and Season tickets and they routinely don't go, mainly for church reasons (which makes me question why they have the seats).
But people have tickets and just don't go.

Titans fans are very weather dependent too. They won't sit in extreme weather to see the team. Unless it's a playoff game or a prime time game.

I see it with other teams too, so I don't think the Titans are alone. Winning makes everything better so get a team that is consistently in it and fields a competitive team, you will see butts in the seats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12057
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
And sometimes it's just a matter of fans just would rather stay home.
Like stated, it's always a "sellout" but people just don't go.

I know 6 people with PSL and Season tickets and they routinely don't go, mainly for church reasons (which makes me question why they have the seats).
But people have tickets and just don't go.

Titans fans are very weather dependent too. They won't sit in extreme weather to see the team. Unless it's a playoff game or a prime time game.

I see it with other teams too, so I don't think the Titans are alone. Winning makes everything better so get a team that is consistently in it and fields a competitive team, you will see butts in the seats.


Yep. I went the year we were 13-3 with KC at the helm. Place was packed from front row to the nosebleeds. Granted, the one game I've ever been to, we proceeded to have a greasy hole stomped in us by the Jets...

Also, I guess the Double Barreled Bud was too risque for FF. Laughing

Edit: Nevermind. The avy just didn't show up on my school's internet. Too risque for Kuwait, I guess.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group