Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bud Adams Passed Away This Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.

You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!

Funny thing is...

Im in business.... Deep in business.... Probably more business than you'll ever experience in your life....

One thing you'll learn.. hopefully...

Is that when things are "just business" you continue to lose yourself.. Because when things are "business".. they are "money driven"...

And when money is the only factor in the way you see things....

Then you wont have a fun life...

Aside from that......

The guy that's going to run it..... hearing mix things about him..... The biggest came from the radio.... They seem to have mixed feelings as well..
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!

Funny thing is...

Im in business.... Deep in business.... Probably more business than you'll ever experience in your life....

Is that when things are "just business" you continue to lose yourself.. Because when things are "business".. they are "money driven"...

Aside from that......

The guy that's going to run it..... hearing mix things about him..... The biggest came from the radio.... They seem to have mixed feelings as well..

What are you hearing? I am hearing it is the two daughters and the grandson will make the call on who will run the team. I am assuming you are talking about Bud's son in law in your comments right?

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Kookie23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

You want honest?

Football wise...

You would be surprised.

To next year!

Funny thing is...

Aside from that......

My goodness! CEO in the titans forum!
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

You want honest?

Football wise...

You would be surprised.

To next year!

Funny thing is...

Aside from that......

My goodness! CEO in the titans forum!

Dude, you never know who you're talking to... Especially after saying his death is good for business without having any idea who is taking over, what their plans are, and how they're going to proceed. Though it's an insensitive thing to say, before you say anything about business, at least know what you're talking about.

kids..... Cool
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's stop guessing the ages and occupations of fellow posters and get back to the discussion.

I'm a full-time shepherd for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently P. Diddy wants to own a NFL team now. As the first afro-american owner in the history of the NFL.

I guess that would bring the media to Tennessee? Laughing
Kookie23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Apparently P. Diddy wants to own a NFL team now. As the first afro-american owner in the history of the NFL.

YES! YES! YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:

I'll never get all the crying over lack of media attention. Maybe its because I'm a native Nashvillian and while its not a small town, if pales in comparison to the big cities and big TV markets. But I like that. I like the fact that the Titans have a rather small and mainly local fan base. And, while I'd like to see more Titans games on national television, I couldn't care less about hearing my teams name constantly on the national airwaves. Is that what this is all about? Do people want to see Skip Bayless and Steven A. talking titans every other day? Do you want to see more titans articles on PFT? will that mean we've arrived? I thought a championship would do that?

Bloeddyr, this isn't directed at you. It's just a rant in general. Media attention doesn't net you wins, certainly not championships. By in large all it gains you is increased controversy (ie distractions) and bandwagon fans. Neither of which I care for.

**RIP Steve McNair**
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

I'll never get all the crying over lack of media attention. Maybe its because I'm a native Nashvillian and while its not a small town, if pales in comparison to the big cities and big TV markets. But I like that. I like the fact that the Titans have a rather small and mainly local fan base. And, while I'd like to see more Titans games on national television, I couldn't care less about hearing my teams name constantly on the national airwaves. Is that what this is all about? Do people want to see Skip Bayless and Steven A. talking titans every other day? Do you want to see more titans articles on PFT? will that mean we've arrived? I thought a championship would do that?

Bloeddyr, this isn't directed at you. It's just a rant in general. Media attention doesn't net you wins, certainly not championships. By in large all it gains you is increased controversy (ie distractions) and bandwagon fans. Neither of which I care for.

Hear, hear!
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

I agree, completely. It was a comment meant for those who "complained" about it in one of the other threads. Maybe the "Titans ranked 31st in NFL popularity" thread? I can't really remember. That was why I made the "Laughing" at the end. It wasn't serious meant.

One of the reasons I became a Titans fan is the "small town charm" that this franchise have. The few local writers are a joy to follow rather than 100-150 national writers who all feel like they know everything about the team.
TitanJo33

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud you truly are a Titan to pro football, I wish we coulda won you the big game and the day we do I will think about you .. Best wishes on your journey and all apposing teams be saluted with the middle finger ...rip bud and thanks for bringing the titans to Nashville ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue the Titans have is filling the seats..

Yes.. it's always sold out..

But physically, it's not full...

I think the way to do that is to create a dynamic & fun team to watch. Put some excitement into out game.

Unless we're going undefeated, its hard to physically fill the seats.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And sometimes it's just a matter of fans just would rather stay home.
Like stated, it's always a "sellout" but people just don't go.

I know 6 people with PSL and Season tickets and they routinely don't go, mainly for church reasons (which makes me question why they have the seats).
But people have tickets and just don't go.

Titans fans are very weather dependent too. They won't sit in extreme weather to see the team. Unless it's a playoff game or a prime time game.

I see it with other teams too, so I don't think the Titans are alone. Winning makes everything better so get a team that is consistently in it and fields a competitive team, you will see butts in the seats.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
And sometimes it's just a matter of fans just would rather stay home.
Like stated, it's always a "sellout" but people just don't go.

I know 6 people with PSL and Season tickets and they routinely don't go, mainly for church reasons (which makes me question why they have the seats).
But people have tickets and just don't go.

Titans fans are very weather dependent too. They won't sit in extreme weather to see the team. Unless it's a playoff game or a prime time game.

I see it with other teams too, so I don't think the Titans are alone. Winning makes everything better so get a team that is consistently in it and fields a competitive team, you will see butts in the seats.

Yep. I went the year we were 13-3 with KC at the helm. Place was packed from front row to the nosebleeds. Granted, the one game I've ever been to, we proceeded to have a greasy hole stomped in us by the Jets...

Also, I guess the Double Barreled Bud was too risque for FF. Laughing

Edit: Nevermind. The avy just didn't show up on my school's internet. Too risque for Kuwait, I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: