Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bud Adams Passed Away This Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
derekfelty


Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 738
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud you will be missed! Let's hope we can get this football rolling, and keep it going for our main man/guy bud adams, and win us a Superbowl !!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brit_Titan


Joined: 15 Oct 2006
Posts: 1085
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He created the team and did a lot of good for football over the years.

He deserves some respect and may he rest in peace.

Hopefully this lights a fire under the organisation!

RIP
_________________

Made by me.

My Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jb_gobills


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 14715
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences.
_________________

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26831
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munch currently talking to the media about Bud. Clearly had a ton of respect for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 955
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Bud. You had one hellava life.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan 10 Jake Locker COLOSSAL DISSAPOINTMENT

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kookie23


Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!
_________________
thisismyname wrote:
Jeff Fisher is the only coach in the NFL that believes there is such a thing as a 'prevent offense'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!


You're equating paying respects to someone who died to how good someone would be in business?

What is this...I don't even...
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kookie23


Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!


You're equating paying respects to someone who died to how good someone would be in business?

What is this...I don't even...

What I'm saying is that where you all see this horrible and devestating event (for whatever reason) I see an incredible business oppurtunity for the Titans. They can finally stop hiding in this ridiculous shell from the media and get their brand out there. They can gut this horrible coaching staff, and cut ties with bums that have no business coaching and/or playing. (ie Bruce Matthews OL coach)

Bud even showed the business of it was the most important part, when he cut guys like, gee I don't know, our greatest QB? Why did he do that?

Money.

Money makes the world go round. Not respect, not loyalty, not family. It's money broskies.
_________________
thisismyname wrote:
Jeff Fisher is the only coach in the NFL that believes there is such a thing as a 'prevent offense'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3907
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did a Wiki on Bud. I did not know he served in the US Navy in WWII and held the rank of Lt. Also he was a member of the Cherokee nation in Oklahoma. His mother's side was Cherokee. Thanks for your service to our nation as well Bud.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoundScan


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!


What does this even mean? What business? Anybody that has a job is in business. Are you still in middle school? You sound like a moron making statements like this, as if speaking from some imaginary seat of authority. Hey, you know who was good at 'business?' Bud Adams. He was a billionaire. So show a little respect for a man who is and was--and I think I can safely make this statement--far more successful than you.
_________________
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kookie23


Joined: 05 Oct 2009
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundScan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!


What does this even mean? What business? Anybody that has a job is in business. Are you still in middle school? You sound like a moron making statements like this, as if speaking from some imaginary seat of authority. Hey, you know who was good at 'business?' Bud Adams. He was a billionaire. So show a little respect for a man who is and was--and I think I can safely make this statement--far more successful than you.

Precisely my point. All hail Bud.

I love you Bud. I never actually knew you, but I still love you.

You made awful decisions for the sake of money, but I still feel like you did it for me.

Never forget.


_________________
thisismyname wrote:
Jeff Fisher is the only coach in the NFL that believes there is such a thing as a 'prevent offense'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Justin615$


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 920
Location: +1509 posts: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.


You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.

You would be surprised.

Either way it's my opinion and I expressed it fairly. And if one lowly anonymous titans fan horrifies you guys like this Isuggest you stay away from a career in business.

To next year!


You're equating paying respects to someone who died to how good someone would be in business?

What is this...I don't even...

What I'm saying is that where you all see this horrible and devestating event (for whatever reason) I see an incredible business oppurtunity for the Titans. They can finally stop hiding in this ridiculous shell from the media and get their brand out there. They can gut this horrible coaching staff, and cut ties with bums that have no business coaching and/or playing. (ie Bruce Matthews OL coach)

Bud even showed the business of it was the most important part, when he cut guys like, gee I don't know, our greatest QB? Why did he do that?

Money.

Money makes the world go round. Not respect, not loyalty, not family. It's money broskies.


Dude now is not the time to talk about all this. Show a little respect for someone who just passed away and the family. There is no need to talk about this right after his death. The fact that you are either shows how ignorant you are or your just wanted to stir up something. Yeah, things are going to change in the future but for now you gotta show a little respect, so just stop talking about this for now. Save it for another day.
_________________

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 58 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 10 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoundScan


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:

What I'm saying is that where you all see this horrible and devestating event (for whatever reason) I see an incredible business oppurtunity for the Titans. They can finally stop hiding in this ridiculous shell from the media and get their brand out there. They can gut this horrible coaching staff, and cut ties with bums that have no business coaching and/or playing. (ie Bruce Matthews OL coach)

Bud even showed the business of it was the most important part, when he cut guys like, gee I don't know, our greatest QB? Why did he do that?

Money.

Money makes the world go round. Not respect, not loyalty, not family. It's money broskies.


First, you sound like a miserable person. Second, making a business decision and caring about people are not mutually exclusive qualities of a successful business person. In fact, caring about people is one of the most important parts of building a successful business. No one will work for you if they hate you. Stop watching so many fictional movies about Wall Street. Finally, please learn how to spell. "Broskies?" SMH.
_________________
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26831
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all just stop going back and forth on this. Nobody's going to change anyone's mind and further posts on the subject are only going to lead to more anger from everyone involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
J.Redd10


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 989
Location: Memphis TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTFLMAO KMSL 😂😂😂😭😭😭
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group