You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bud Adams Passed Away This Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kookie23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent news. Now we have a rally Cry like the ravens had last year. And the nfl lovessad stories. May get a few calls our way now.

On top that, the entire organization may be gutted if this year is a failure. W we've needed this to happen for years.

Today is a bright day!
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
This is excellent news. Now we have a rally Cry like the ravens had last year. And the nfl lovessad stories. May get a few calls our way now.

On top that, the entire organization may be gutted if this year is a failure. W we've needed this to happen for years.

Today is a bright day!

Cold...... Confused
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Some of the things you said may be true...

But show some respect. A good man passing away is never excellent news..

Shame on you

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
Kookie23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

I doubt any of us knew him. There was no personal connection.

This is a business and what happened today is great for business
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show some class, brothers. Now's not the time. This man was the reason we have the football team we all know and love today.

Rest in peace, Bud.

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

You really are a POS. We didn't know him but he was the creater of the team we know and love.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

At the end of the day though a man, father, grandfather, friend, etc. passed away. Football takes a backseat to the loss of someone who certainly meant so much to those close to him.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

Dude WTF

2017 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Adoree Jackson : 0 TKLS, 0 INTS, 0 SACKS
2. Ryan Succop : 0 FGM, 0 FGA, 0 LONG
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

I'm not crying tears or loose any sleep tonight but he still was a human being that did no personal wrong to me..
Didn't agree with all his moves but he is someone's grandfather, family member..etc...
I personally will never call a day an excellent day when a guy by all acounts was decent person dies. Someone is hurt by this...

He didnt wage wars and kill people. The world isn't not a safer place because he passed away. I'm not out rejoicing his death.

Not trying to judge your outlook, but just bit cold-blooded.
Kookie23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

I'm not crying tears or loose any sleep tonight but he still was a human being that did no personal wrong to me..
Didn't agree with all his moves but he is someone's grandfather, family member..etc...
I personally will never call a day an excellent day when a guy by all acounts was decent person dies. Someone is hurt by this...

He didnt wage wars and kill people. The world isn't not a safer place because he passed away. I'm not out rejoicing his death.

Assuming the right person is in charge I doubt any of you will give this man a passing thought when a Titan holds up the lombardi. B unless it's this year via a story book fluke.

You guys call it cold and disrespectful but I call it honest.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

Assuming the right person is in charge I doubt any of you will give this man a passing thought when a Titan holds up the lombardi. B unless it's this year via a story book fluke.

Bud Adams is the entire reason the vast majority of this fan base would even get to celebrate a lombardi trophy. Anyone who doesn't think of him along with thanking him would be incredibly foolish.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

Shame on you

You may not, I certainly will. He's the reason this team exists. He played a huge role in the formation of the AFL and the merger with the NFL. His impact on the game extends well beyond Nashville and Houston. Celebrating his death is disrespectful and the only person I think it's honest for is you.

Bud has never been the one holding this franchise back. He's not Jerry Jones. With the exception of Vince Young (which was a disaster) and the Peyton chase (which obviously would have made us SB contenders), he has let the FO do their job.

Cheering on the death of a fellow human being that in no way wronged you is garbage.

Props to mike23md on the sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:

You want honest?

Football wise...
Sure, the unknown of how the future will be with the team, gives a sense of excitement a little. Just like firing of a coach or a player going down with an injury. The unknown of what the next guy will bring, gives a little excitement to the football team. I think others have expressed that with a little more grace than you have. Maybe that is what you are cheering.

However, the outright glee of the end of life of a person just isn't right to me.

If the boss at the factory or plumbing buisness is your father and his workers were thrilled with his passing, I'm sure you'd have a little bad feeling about that. Internet gives great confidence. I doubt you'd walk into his home right now expressing how happy you are that he passed.

Nobody is going to change your outlook on it. It has to come from you, but again, he was a human. He was a person. He gave TN professional football. Yes he gained greatly in the pockets from it, but still he came here and for that I'm thankful for that action.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:

Today is a bright day!

That's messed up. We don't need crap like this.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Internet gives great confidence.

I think that explains it, as it so often does.

Let's all move on. I don't really care to lock up a thread about our owner's passing.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: